OxygenOS 10.0.2 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. IvanSap and Netsky60 like this.
  2. dubbaYous
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2019

dubbaYous , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Yes its just that simple, but it should not HAVE to be that way. Yes I was waiting for ota myself, but got sick of waiting on OnePlus to release after 2 weeks. I like my phone and appreciate the regular updates but they should be coming straight from OnePlus through ota not from any other source (I know they are the same files, that is irrelevant) Still would be waiting for 10.0.0 if I hadn't used oxygen updated, hence my point.

Georgeoneplus7pro likes this.
  3. Marcstang04
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2019

Marcstang04 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    There usually is with carrier locked devices, updates have to be tested by carriers before being sent to customers. A10 is currently in beta testing with T-Mobile now.

4. dubbaYous
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2019

dubbaYous , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Dec 3, 2019 :

That's cool. Which is the point I was making about buying the phone through provider. (There are advantages for people to go through carriers instead of unlocked phones, such as pay over period of time, etc). Not everyone knows (or cares) about unlocked phones (of course you sound like an unique case or exception to the rule)

I loved the speeds I received when I used tmobile through mint mobile but being in rural area there were alot of bad areas for low to no reception, hopefully you won't have that with your 5g. Hope it works out, and we know eventually all the updates will eventually work out to some form of normalcy in due time.

Georgeoneplus7pro likes this.
  5. barnabyj
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2019

barnabyj , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 3, 2019 :
    man, if the T-Mobile version gets 10 before the global version does... getting timely updates was the reason I bought the 7pro from OnePlus direct.. what a twist of irony.. lol

dubbaYous likes this.
  6. IvanSap
    Donut Dec 3, 2019

IvanSap , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Okay, thank you)

7. Noel Mathews
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

Noel Mathews , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Yup, it is!! Also, my OP7 Pro charges much faster after this update, anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure if it is just a placebo, but I can swear its much faster now compared to 10.01!!! And that super steady mode is just insane. Overall this OTA is just epic:D

8. Sandy9678
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2019

Sandy9678 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Bro, m getting a weird notification tune.. even when data is off. I have tried tracing it in notification logs.. but there is no entry about it. I even switched off phone for few hours.. also did restart the phone but no use. It's still there. Someone here said they had similar issue in their S8, and it turned out to be about NFC.. so I even force stopped NFC and cleared both cache and data. But it's still there. One thing I found strange is in that notification log I found one notification to be "digital wellbeing" which dint appear as notification.. but it was under notification logs. Its description was something like 'updating app timer' not sure wot exactly it was written. Strange becausez I have turned off usage access for digital wellbeing, so it shouldn't be active in any matter right. But it was in the notification log.
    Plz help me bro. It's soo annoying.

9. Sandy9678
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2019

Bro, I even switched off phone for few hours.. also did restart the phone but no use. It's still there. Someone here said they had similar issue in their S8, and it turned out to be about NFC.. so I even force stopped NFC and cleared both cache and data. But it's still there. One thing I found strange is in that notification log I found one notification to be "digital wellbeing" which dint appear as notification.. but it was under notification logs. Its description was something like 'updating app timer' not sure wot exactly it was written. Strange becausez I have turned off usage access for digital wellbeing, so it shouldn't be active in any matter right. But it was in the notification log.

10. Sandy9678
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2019

Bro, I even switched off phone for few hours.. also did restart the phone but no use. It's still there. Someone here said they had similar issue in their S8, and it turned out to be about NFC.. so I even force stopped NFC and cleared both cache and data. But it's still there. One thing I found strange is in that notification log I found one notification to be "digital wellbeing" which dint appear as notification.. but it was under notification logs. Its description was something like 'updating app timer' not sure wot exactly it was written. Strange becausez I have turned off usage access for digital wellbeing, so it shouldn't be active in any matter right. But it was in the notification log.

11. chiragvadhavana
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2019

12. Jav P
    Froyo Dec 3, 2019

Jav P , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Maybe related to Well-being. I think it's better if you create a new thread on the OP 7 general support section. This is a monster thread and it is impossible to follow all your replies. On that new thread include as much info as you can including a screenshot of the notification log with that record expanded. I'll chime in there as soon as I see it.

13. Sandy9678
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2019

Ok bro.. I'll do it tonight.

14. Jav P
    Froyo Dec 3, 2019

Jav P , Dec 3, 2019 :
    In the meantime switch notifications off for the Digital Wellbeing app, just in case.

15. Netsky60
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2019

Netsky60 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    You must update it to last version !

chiragvadhavana likes this.
  16. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2019

docnok63 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Quite honestly, I can't fathom all these posts in here from Global users who continue to complain about not receiving 10.0.2 via OTA when they have Oxygen Updater, direct download/local update, and TWRP options to install. Their phones are completely unlocked and they act like their devices are carrier locked. I SIM and bootloader unlocked this device as soon as methods were posted on XDA!!! I'm currently running arter97's newest kernel on RiCE mod + xXx + V4A + DDP + subs themes + LMAO...
    Screenshot_20191202-214627.png

I've noticed in the weeks leading up to the 5G rollout that there's been a significant drop off in network speeds. Band 66 is acting like Band 2. I'd regularly get in the 50-80 Mbps during busy times and around 120 Mbps during off-peak hours. Now I'm seeing about 45 Mbps on Band 66 which is still above national average, but slow for this area.
    Screenshot_20191203-071006.png Screenshot_20191203-071127.png

This post is a perfect case in point to what I just said. While I agree that Global phones should NOT have to manually update, at least you have the option. TMo users do not.

Georgeoneplus7pro and dubbaYous like this.
  17. Z1560436325885
    Donut Dec 3, 2019

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019

18. C1557198791856
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2019