OxygenOS 10.0.2 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. Deactivated User
    Dec 6, 2019

2. mhdshahidh
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

mhdshahidh , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Will downgrading rest all datas nd files??

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 6, 2019

4. Sergioaddo
    Froyo Dec 6, 2019

Sergioaddo , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    i have been using one plus since 3t ... and this is my 3rd one plus phone after oneplus 6. And you tech gurus for you the only option to set things right is factory reset ???

5. Sergioaddo
    Froyo Dec 6, 2019

Sergioaddo , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    also we are not here just to boast and brag out on our OnePlus devices... I didn't specifically asked you to tell me why is it happening with my device. It is a forum to give feedback... not only on this but also to the techies working on this (which i already have done)

6. akks
    Lollipop Dec 6, 2019

akks , Dec 6, 2019 :
    In an internet forum, the best advice to clear a software issue is to tell to do factory reset, as noone is physically seeing what all things you have done to your phone which created the software issue. Any kind of random software issue anyone can come across in smartphones. It's expected. If it's not universally present to all using the same device and same software, it's automatically deduced that some conflict is screwing in your particular device only. Not logical to blame the OEM for that. If you can't handle a reset at present, better to take your device to customer support so that your device can be examined by hand.

David Turney likes this.
  7. ShaliniSharma
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

ShaliniSharma , Dec 6, 2019 :
    I am facing issues on my 7 pro with all the applications which ask to setup fingerprints for login. The screen becomes still and clicking on any button does not work.and eventually have to kill the applications. for some of the applications I am totally stuck, cannot even login with pin. Urgent help appreciated

8. bulls6720
    Donut Dec 6, 2019

9. ShaliniSharma
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

yes I am also facing same issue.

10. idbl_fanatic1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2019

11. ShaliniSharma
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

ShaliniSharma

yes I am also facing same issue.​

I am able to solve this problem with below steps

1. remove all finger prints
    2. remove all type of security
    3. restart phone
    4. add fingerprints again and set up security type to pin
    5. now all applications work with biometric

Deactivated User likes this.
  12. ShaliniSharma
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

I am able to solve this problem with below steps

1. remove all finger prints
    2. remove all type of security
    3. restart phone
    4. add fingerprints again and set up security type to pin
    5 . now all applications work with biometric

13. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 6, 2019

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Sometimes it's more effective than to be guided through alot of possible solutions. Might even be a time saver. Ofcource it's not optimal to factory reset. But in cases when doing major version upgrades it can be a fast way out of various issues. Does not solve everything though.
    It can depend on what kind of data you bring back to the phone. I always avoid the backuped data from Google and register as a new device when doing a factory reset. Since all my important stuff is stored at Onedrive I don't need any backups at all. But if I did I would use Oneplus Switch to do the backup. It just reinstalls the app and restores media files and such. But no app data.
    I factory reset at the first beta version and has not done so since then. Hopefully I won't be needing it until 8 Pro gets released.
    If I end up needing it anyway I would do it as a last resort after having tried litterly everything that can be done without root. For me it's fun to mess around finding the cause. But for most they just want it to work and get there the fastest way possible. Often factory reset provides that.

Sometimes it can be solved by some trial and error, behavior analysis, wiping some app data or cache, reinstall some apps or even downgrade some apps. But it can be kind of tricky since there are a lot of apps not working well on 10. The only thing that would solve it then is to get an app update, maybe even by using the beta version of the app or downgrade to 9.

In a perfect world all issues are fixed quickly by OnePlus. But in some cases the issues are way to user case specific and rather hard to replicate. And sometimes the issues are even further back to the very core made by Google. Android 10 seems to have brought quite a few issues with it. But for me it has been surprisingly good. The stuff I have found I reported and described in detail and it has been fixed. Still waiting on some minor glitches to be fixed though. But the bughunters have contacted me atleast.

All we can do is to report our issues the best we can. And try to give logs and replicate the issues. Sometimes it's not that apperent if it's Android 10, Oxygen OS or the apps that is faulty though.

View attachment 1165224

14. bulls6720
    Donut Dec 6, 2019

bulls6720 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Great it works.. Thanks

X1568888095586 and ShaliniSharma like this.
  15. BMG1900
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

BMG1900 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Well said

16. X1568888095586
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

X1568888095586 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 6, 2019 :
    bro, can this feature will be add in our OP 7 pro by OnePlus? Specially separate sound settings for video song & audio

17. X1568888095586
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

18. bulls6720
    Donut Dec 6, 2019

bulls6720 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 6, 2019 :
    It wouldn't let you login with the fingerprint. Every time I try to login app was freezing.

19. Nicu2
    Donut Dec 6, 2019

Nicu2 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 6, 2019 :

X1568888095586

bro, can this feature will be add in our OP 7 pro by OnePlus? Specially separate sound settings for video song & audio​

In settings are separate but sometimes when i lower the volume when playing movies or music, it lowers also the volume for ringtone.

Georgeoneplus7pro likes this.
  20. dubbaYous
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2019

dubbaYous , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Best thing to do is use oxygen updater, I had to go that route otherwise I would still be on 9.5.13 as well. I am from Ohio. I have the same problem with my op 6 as well.

David Turney likes this.