OxygenOS 10.0.3 [EU] and 10.3.0 [Non-EU] for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. Rockingbks
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

2. manymoods likes this.
  3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 21, 2019

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Not that easy to answer. Betas could be more stable sometimes but should never be used with stablilty as main concern [e]1f609[/e]
    People start using betas for wrong reasons far too often.

D1571083325992 likes this.
  4. prabaltitanium27
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

prabaltitanium27 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Same here.

5. xMcMx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 21, 2019

xMcMx , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 21, 2019 :
    The feature is not a standard feature of Android 10 anymore. That's the reason for removing it, I guess. But they added it back in. So why complaining?
    And adding a black bar to the upper part of the phone next to the notch is how it's usually handled.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  6. liam_davenport
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

7. Rockingbks
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2019

Rockingbks , Dec 21, 2019 :
    1576925967438.jpg

liam_davenport

Are you using custom or stock kernel?​

I don't know about that. kindly elaborate

8. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Having access to the online storage and have some kind of syncing currently active? Gallery is usually not a top draining app... Enabled or changed something in the gallery? What you currently experiance might be temporary of various reasons.
    Also I've seen flipkart acting crazy for some. Some apps is simply known to be bad for battery life. You may want to limit background activity on that one. Maybe wipe cache of that app or wipe it's data to reset it.

Work in progress but hopefully helpful for some.

Checklist for battery drain

1. Have you recently updated the OS or factory reset? Some extra drain may be perfectly normal until the phone had time to optimize and learn usage pattern.
    2. How is your charge pattern? Partial charging when needed is OK. But never letting it charge to 100% and "rest" on the charger is not good in the long run. You can miss out on the background optimizing work that is done then.
    3. Look at running services and memory usage and app battery usage. Some apps can behave badly over time or after an app update. Wipe the problematic app cache or data depending on the app behavior problem. Usually full cache wipe in recovery is a waste of resources since it drains battery to rebuild the caches.
    4. Signal quality, single or 2 simcards, wifi or mobile network usage, screen brightness, installed apps and app updates, Bluetooth, location and how often location updates is done (triggered by apps for example)... EVERYTHING including OS updates matters and can affect battery. It's easy to blame the OS update but check point 1, 2 and 3 first.
    5. The phone should automatically learn how you use the phone and adjust accordingly but you can manually help it by defining the battery saving mode on the apps you rarely use. It's not nessesarilly a good idea to optimize battery on every single app and limit background activity in every way possible. That is why we have Intelligent control in 10. Permanently having to reload a app you use very often could lead to more drain!
    6. Check if RAM boost OFF gives you better battery. The benefits of RAM boost may not worth it for everyone.
    7. More advanced battery monitoring can be done via BetterBatteryStats app. It's more than pure app drain that matters. How much your phone is allowed to deep sleep matters too.
    8. There are apps that can help you. One of those is Naptime. May not fit everyone's need though.
    9. More info here http://bit.ly/33bqDY2 (for example manual background optimizing command) and here http://bit.ly/2ZzdsP8 (my slightly outdated and in need of a rewrite battery guide with info about point 7 and 8 for example)

Netsky60 likes this.
  9. konstant
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2019

10. Swejuggalo

Factory reset is not returning to a older OS version. It returns it to "factory" level... As if you just opened the package but with the newest OS already installed

11. Swejuggalo

Update/Downgrade your phone with starting from the community app. Step by step video. Some awesome entertainment during the download included. Downgrade file exists in the first post in OB1.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-7-and-oneplus-7-pro.1099154/. Video http://bit.ly/2lPAkuy

Downgrade. Then install full update of the desired version.

12. mc-milan
    Froyo Dec 21, 2019

mc-milan , Dec 21, 2019 :
    This is normal behavior for stock Android gestures. To open hamburger menu, a long-press on the side of the display where a menu resides should trigger the menu to slightly emerge and give you the opportunity to fully slide it out.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  13. Swejuggalo

10.3.0 is now International. International had 10.0.3 too but not the same 10.0.3 as the EU version now has. So that 10.0.3 never came to EU but instead the newer later released 10.0.3 EU specific one [e]1f609[/e]
    10.3.0 = 10.0.3 but for 2 different regions.
    10.0.3 for EU was delayed due to actually being 10.3.0 but for EU.
    Simple eh? [e]1f61c[/e]

hvihavai likes this.
  14. Redaxela
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2019

Redaxela , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    No problems to report and no battery issues at all. The 'hide notch' option is indeed back, but it looks hideous in my opinion. It's not even close to what it was on Android 9. I'm used to seeing the notch now, so I simply not use the option, no problem!

15. Swejuggalo

If you look at Oxygen Update update log they show the info of international 10.0.3. As a normal OTA you see a other update log. During that time it was assumed 10.0.3 was the same for both I guess. tapatalk_-1496841087.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019

16. chau10
    Donut Dec 21, 2019

chau10 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    after completing 100% charge, my phone is draining into 98% without any usuage.For the past 3 days i'm facing this issue.Why its happening???
    1576930324081.jpg

AjMaster2908 likes this.
  17. UTTAM_KUMAR_SOLANKI
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2019

UTTAM_KUMAR_SOLANKI , Dec 21, 2019 :
    I belong to India, got recent software update on 14/Dec/2019.
    After installation, phone rebooted but when I tried to enter PIN it comes to screen for a second then screen again gets locked.
    I am not able to use my phone & I have rebooted phone many times and in safe mode also but not able to unlock PIN still.
    I have much data phone which is not backed-up and due to this software issue not able to unlock phone. At the end service center flashed my device and I lost all data.
    If OnePlus Team can help to recover flashed data that would be great because of this update. It is not expected Team to get the buggy update.

Issue was same as- https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/12/12/google-pixel-pin-lock-screen-loop-help/

18. Swejuggalo

19. chau10
    Donut Dec 21, 2019

chau10 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    no problem at all

20. Swejuggalo

If it's wiped it's gone. It would require some serious hacking if it's even possible to recover anything...