OxygenOS 10.0.3 [EU] and 10.3.0 [Non-EU] for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I always allow it to update no matter what network it has. But if the data is limited it might not be that fun to use. Should not create that long wait though.
    I clear cache and sometimes even clear data of play store as soon as I suspect some issues.

2. Swaroop.omkar
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

3. Brain_Intruder , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I do check for updates like several times a day so I do not think that have a chance to miss something:) But thanks for a tip friend!)

4. vmrvenkatesh
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019

5. Rohan Bolla
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

6. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Dec 12, 2019

Swejuggalo , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I always see someone complaining on drain every single update. NEVER seen an update without such complaints 😉

Work in progress... But here it is 😊 Hope it is helpful for someone.

Checklist for battery drain

1. Have you recently updated the OS or factory reset? Some extra drain may be perfectly normal until the phone had time to optimize and learn usage pattern.
    2. How is your charge pattern? Partial charging when needed is OK. But never letting it charge to 100% and "rest" on the charger is not good in the long run. You can miss out on the background optimizing work that is done then.
    3. Look at running services and memory usage and app battery usage. Some apps can behave badly over time or after an app update. Wipe the problematic app cache or data depending on the app behavior problem. Usually full cache wipe in recovery is a waste of resources since it drains battery to rebuild the caches.
    4. Signal quality, single or 2 simcards, wifi or mobile network usage, screen brightness, installed apps and app updates, Bluetooth, location and how often location updates is done (triggered by apps for example)... EVERYTHING including OS updates matters and can affect battery. It's easy to blame the OS update but check point 1, 2 and 3 first.
    5. The phone should automatically learn how you use the phone and adjust accordingly but you can manually help it by defining the battery saving mode on the apps you rarely use. It's not nessesarilly a good idea to optimize battery on every single app and limit background activity in every way possible. That is why we have Intelligent control in 10. Permanently having to reload a app you use very often could lead to more drain!
    6. Check if RAM boost OFF gives you better battery. The benefits of RAM boost may not worth it for everyone.
    7. More advanced battery monitoring can be done via BetterBatteryStats app. It's more than pure app drain that matters. How much your phone is allowed to deep sleep matters too.
    8. There are apps that can help you. One of those is Naptime. May not fit everyone's need though.
    9. More info here http://bit.ly/33bqDY2 (for example manual background optimizing command) and here http://bit.ly/2ZzdsP8 (my slightly outdated and in need of a rewrite battery guide with info about point 7 and 8 for example)

7. captsakis
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

8. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Dec 12, 2019

Bouncer71 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I got 3.2.2....
    It's barely usable...
    Getting worse with every update...

Almost every post gets errors.. 8P

So maybe staying with 2.5.0. isn't a bad idea... ;)

9. Josep1010
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019

SandeshChinchapur likes this.
  10. V1529168106709
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

11. ulxerker
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

12. captsakis
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

13. ulxerker
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

ulxerker , Dec 12, 2019 :
    Just checked, it's the global version (AA).

14. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 12, 2019 :
    The issues I have has been basically the same since before dark mode came.

Edit still broken. Certain links still broken (I solved that via bitly) . YouTube links is not viewable in app along with many other things viewable only on web version.

Perhsps the timeout and error on sending messages is new. Some stuff that take more time to write can trigger that... I'll end up using copy and paste with webpage version to finish it...

15. captsakis
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

captsakis , Dec 12, 2019 :
    just installed,everything looks o.k.
    athens greece

16. Ni3_chavan , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I haven't updated to android 10 yet
    I am Happy With Android 9🤗

waiting for stable update and bug free..
    I also heard bad reviews about update like they have removed some of the features..

That's not fair Oneplus [e]1f612[/e]

17. Rogerini
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

Rogerini , Dec 12, 2019 :
    For me works perfectly

18. arturcrackgv
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019

Habylab likes this.