OxygenOS 10.0.3 [EU] and 10.3.0 [Non-EU] for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. kmaier
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2019

kmaier , Dec 14, 2019 :
    I am getting great battery life. Have 3.45 screen on time and 50% battery left

2. Sananali22
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2019

Sananali22 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 14, 2019 :
    yes but that's just one person. if its not giving good battery life to majority then the update may not work the same way for everyone. it depends on ur usage.

3. Ajay0
    Donut Dec 14, 2019

Ajay0 , Dec 14, 2019 :
    so many what !?

4. Q1575828080563
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2019

Q1575828080563 , Dec 14, 2019 :
    did u understand my concerns..why u reply ohh yeah...please give a solution immediately.

5. fear_breaker
    Donut Dec 14, 2019

6. Ake Winther
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2019

Ake Winther , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Oh stop it please! It's not even close to a car at the workshop. I have never been asked to submit a logfile for my car. Anyone?

A phone is a consumer gadget, supposed to work flawlessly. Just imagine Siemens or LG or Bosch or ... asking you to submit error logs from the microwave or washing machine.

O no, 1+ is just being clever as hell and pushing everything to the limit, diligently balancing sales and developing resources.

Created together and Never Settle are nothing but smart marketing.

There are beta programs for the bold and brave but don't push software full of bugs to the public as stable.
    Well, 1+ manage bad publicity versus sales in a very clever way, at the expense of the main user believing in fairy tales

W1541536202739 and James 007 like this.
  7. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 14, 2019

Swejuggalo , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Well... Majority of users happy with battery life don't post happy faces with high SOT all over the place either.
    While some have great battery and some bad it's not as simple as saying that the majority has it due to some having complained here.... Every single update no matter what. Always someone with bad battery. Always. If I had a dollar for ever time I read about battery drain... 😉

I have a checklist. A work in progress though (some feedback is appreciated). Battery usage is not that simple all the time. So I try to find a good way to inform about it.

Checklist for battery drain

1. Have you recently updated the OS or factory reset? Some extra drain may be perfectly normal until the phone had time to optimize and learn usage pattern.
    2. How is your charge pattern? Partial charging when needed is OK. But never letting it charge to 100% and "rest" on the charger is not good in the long run. You can miss out on the background optimizing work that is done then.
    3. Look at running services and memory usage and app battery usage. Some apps can behave badly over time or after an app update. Wipe the problematic app cache or data depending on the app behavior problem. Usually full cache wipe in recovery is a waste of resources since it drains battery to rebuild the caches.
    4. Signal quality, single or 2 simcards, wifi or mobile network usage, screen brightness, installed apps and app updates, Bluetooth, location and how often location updates is done (triggered by apps for example)... EVERYTHING including OS updates matters and can affect battery. It's easy to blame the OS update but check point 1, 2 and 3 first.
    5. The phone should automatically learn how you use the phone and adjust accordingly but you can manually help it by defining the battery saving mode on the apps you rarely use. It's not nessesarilly a good idea to optimize battery on every single app and limit background activity in every way possible. That is why we have Intelligent control in 10. Permanently having to reload a app you use very often could lead to more drain!
    6. Check if RAM boost OFF gives you better battery. The benefits of RAM boost may not worth it for everyone.
    7. More advanced battery monitoring can be done via BetterBatteryStats app. It's more than pure app drain that matters. How much your phone is allowed to deep sleep matters too.
    8. There are apps that can help you. One of those is Naptime. May not fit everyone's need though.
    9. More info here http://bit.ly/33bqDY2 (for example manual background optimizing command) and here http://bit.ly/2ZzdsP8 (my slightly outdated and in need of a rewrite battery guide with info about point 7 and 8 for example)

Goggeboy likes this.
  8. Kalyanam_zalke
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 14, 2019

Kalyanam_zalke , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Hey Can you all tell me who updated there oneplus 7 to 10.0.3 update its good time to update to Android 10 .
    I am on pie Android 9 waiting for the stable Android 10 update ! is this a stable update with out any bugs ??
    suggestions please !

femiuex, A1570355847176 and Txtsuo like this.
  9. kustra2229
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2019

kustra2229 , Dec 14, 2019 :
    I've done rollback to android 9. Now everthing is perfect. Nova Launcher with gestures works great (no double animation closing bug). Browser works with no lags. Battery is very good. It is to early for android 10, I am gonna wait to One Plus solve every issues...

A1570355847176 likes this.
  10. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 14, 2019 :
    The point with the car example... They connect to it and get the info they need. How are they going to do that with your phone? That was what I was after. Not the other way around [e]1f609[/e]
    BTW...Last time I turned in my car they asked for an error description and wanted as much info as possible.
    People can't go to a service center for every single phone bug. That is why more info is needed from you instead of you going to them. Same with computers. There a logs, debugging and so on there too. You don't go to Microsoft or the developer of whatever software you use to get a bug fixed. Some sort of information flow is needed from you or someone else.
    Back to cars...
    A Tesla even sends diagnostic data, logs and updates software (and as I mentioned has had flaws affecting battery drain. If I recall it didn't shut down properly)...
    Certain cars can be remotely highjacked... If even cars can have bugs or serious security flaws... Why would a phone be perfect and flaw free? Is a computer always bugfree?

A microwave with no operating system?

A washing machine has different types of controllers and electronics... Even some normal ones has some kind of diagnostics with error codes or beep patterns. And smarthome functions is getting more and more common even in those. Some industrial ones has basically a computer system where you define the laundry program...
    There is software everywhere.... You update bios on motherboards, firmware on routers, harddrives, smart watches, tvs, os updates and driver updates on computers... For heavens sake... Even my light bulbs has updateable firmware and can have bugs these days. Even that needs input and info of some kind from the consumer.

Everything with software or firmware has bugs and flaws. Will always be that way.

For me Oneplus isn't that buggy so I'm conserned and annoyed. But for some they are. And that is a real problem regardless of where the issues come from. No matter if it's Android 10 or Oxygen OS that lies behind it.
    Is Oneplus buggier than others?
    Personally I would say no. Others probably say yes. Free to think your way. It's the consumer view of the brand that desides the brands faith in the end.

Sorry for any misunderstandings. Hope I made my point clearer.

G_Nicholas_Watson_DMuT and Jav P like this.
  11. Sananali22
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2019

Sananali22 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 14, 2019 :
    how did u roll back ? wats the procedure?

12. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Update/Downgrade your phone with starting from the community app. Step by step video. Some awesome entertainment during the download included. Downgrade file exists in the first post in OB1.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-7-and-oneplus-7-pro.1099154/. Video http://bit.ly/2lPAkuy

Keep in mind that the rollback is International firmware. If you need EU download and flash that manually after rollback. The same thing applies to getting the latest 9 firmware for International.

9 firmware can be found here for example for 7.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7/how-to/oneplus-7-repo-oxygen-os-builds-t3937152

13. Taras K.
    Eclair Dec 14, 2019

14. Jav P
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2019

Jav P , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Notch hiding. Not yet but this feature is still available using any app with access to the Activities, such as Nova or Activity launcher. Another option is using an app like Nacho Notch, my favourite option.

Battery drain. For me it's been great so far since I updated to 10.0.1, so, for my usage, I hope it doesn't change the battery management with the 10.0.3. update. See my screenshots.

There are many reports about battery drain but I haven't seen many posts where the user made the minimum effort to see which app or system process is using a higher battery percentage. I follow a couple of chats and forums about the 7 series and for most people battery life is good or excellent. When a battery drain is reported in these groups we try to pin the cause and in most cases it's caused by a conflict with a third party app running wild on the background, problems with cell reception or display brightness levels. I'm not saying that you, or anyone else reporting the same problem, don't have a legit battery drain. My point is that without digging a bit deeper there's no way to know where the problem is.

Look my battery usage, for example, and this includes almost 4 hours of streaming radio in the background.

1576360847252.jpg

1576360847284.jpg

A1570355847176 likes this.
  15. Z1574976571539
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2019

16. kmaier
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2019

kmaier , Dec 14, 2019 :
    I think the people getting bad battery life are a minority. Users who have good battery don't come on here and say so for the most part. I use my phone
    a lot (way too much for my own good in fact) , but I am getting over 6 hours screen on time. That's good though for me.

As far as most of the other bugs, can't say that I have seen them. The notch hiding issue is real but easy to fix. The gap at the bottom of the keyboard has nothing to do with OnePlus. It's a Google thang.

17. kmaier
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2019

kmaier , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Because you are on Verizon and they haven't rolled 10 out yet? If you are on Verizon it's probably up to them to roll it out. Could that be it?

18. Z1574976571539
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2019

Z1574976571539 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 14, 2019 :
    yes maybe. i see "Verizon visible is available on the phone" in information. but i did buy unlock version from OnePlus website? why it's Verizon?

19. Nic2112
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 14, 2019

Nic2112 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 14, 2019 :
    I'm so upset.

I setup my phone on 10.0.3, all my work apps, everything is working beautifully, and now I'm relaxing trying to play fallout shelter and it can't connect to the could (Google Play games)

I really wish I never sold my S10 to get the 7 Pro.

Android Pie was working great; Android 10 is a huge disappointing sandwich