OxygenOS 10.0.7 for the OnePlus 7T [10.3.0 in India]

1. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Feb 16, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 16, 2020 :
    If the security patch release schedule was better advertised there would be less disappointed customers

kevonn95 likes this.
  2. Dipto79
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

3. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 16, 2020

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 16, 2020 :
    the fewer moaning and begging people there are in the forum, the better.

Can't say I'll miss you though 😅 you guys want the cheapest, most Powerful, up to date phone, beet cameras, best in everything. there's no such thing. grow up, check update policies of manufacturers, cameras battery and features, so you don't buy a phone that you don't actually want.

research before you buy, and stop moaning

I approve

amandadam and Varun1225 like this.
  4. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Feb 16, 2020

Personally I'm stuck with Oneplus. Those beta channels got me hooked [e]1f609[/e]
    So much that I'm gonna miss them when I get 8 Pro and need to wait for beta channel [e]1f61c[/e]

Some buy devices expecting some stuff as standard. If they expect monthly security updates that tends to create a problem. Wish it was made more clear. Would be less complaining everywhere then [e]1f609[/e]

kevonn95 likes this.
  5. Varun1225
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

Varun1225 , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Feb 16, 2020 :

Dipto79

um switching S10 lite soon.... offering much better spec and UI also​

The only things that's better in S10 Lite are Camera and Battery over OnePlus 7T. But you can switch if you want. Remember that only OnePlus has the history of giving major Android updates first.

And if you want Faster Android Updates from Samsung then you might be dreaming. PLEASE DON'T WAKE UP FROM THAT DREAM....[e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e]

6. M Chagh
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2020

7. bprrkl
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2020

8. M Chagh
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2020

9. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Feb 16, 2020

If you download a full zip of a OS version newer then you have now you can flash it over the Indian version... Same thing as they do on Chinese devices that want International.
    But why would you want to get rid of Indian software?

10. M Chagh
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2020

M Chagh , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 16, 2020 :
    i live in the uk now and i wanted to convert it to global one . because the global one is already on jan 2020 security

11. Deactivated User
    Feb 16, 2020

amandadam likes this.
  12. amandadam
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2020

13. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Feb 16, 2020

Where have you seen Jan security level for 7T? I've seen it rolling out for 7T Pro but not 7T yet.
    When it's out you can always flash EU/international full zip via local upgrade. But a few says it's best to remain on what you got. At the same time I haven't really seen proof of crossflashing issues.

domestoboto likes this.
  14. Z1573828598844
    Froyo Feb 16, 2020

15. domestoboto
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2020

domestoboto , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 17, 2020 :
    Camera performance of the 7T is pretty bad compared to the S10, though. I had a niece shoot a few TikTok videos with it, and they all look blotched, washed out, badly compressed; my aunt's iPhone XS Max (and even a Galaxy S10 I borrowed from a workmate) did NOT have such issues.

Build quality is fine enough, but didn't JerryRigEverything show that it doesn't take much force to CRACK the back glass (even more so than a comparable Xiaomi or Samsung) because the big camera hump made it weak?

OxygenOS is butter smooth as always (when paired with the 90hz display), but the 7T (especially) is now woefully out of date. As it stands, the most current update and security patch for it was issued out back in the last DECADE (no word on when it will receive the update every other OnePlus phone from 2019-2020 received).

Don't get me wrong, I still love my 7T and would not trade it for anything right now, but I can't really recommend it to people anymore until those three big issues are addressed...

16. kfngou
    Eclair Feb 17, 2020

kfngou , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 17, 2020 :
    luckily they didnt give them their class canned reply "please clean the cache". lol

17. basa govardhan reddy
    Eclair Feb 17, 2020

basa govardhan reddy , Feb 17, 2020 :

Swejuggalo

What do you mean?

Something regards to other devices getting updates?
    7T and 7T Pro has never been in sync in regards to updates. When 7T Pro or any other phone gets an update does not really matter. Often rather close but keep in mind it's a different phone. A week or 2 compared to 7T Pro can happen.​

5g mobiles are coming is 4g will become old to use

18. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2020

zer0se7en , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 17, 2020 :
    Improving from what aspect? Security patches?

7T was the first device to be released with Android 10 out of the box. Even earlier than Google Pixel devices. So

So aside from security patches (which are not really that big of a deal unless you are a potential target) What else does it need to improve? Battery? Lag? Sorry I don't have those type of problems on mine. If you do then others also do not then the problem is not on the phone, but with how you use your device. (apps, settings).

And please, do not compare a $599 (now $499) to an almost $1,000 dollar device. If you do then now you know why it's cheaper. Cost cutting is real. And if still not contented then dish out that $1,000 then leave OnePlus.

People want cheaper devices yet they want performance from a double priced device. Jeez... SMH.

Aabalam and Magnetic Nerd like this.
  19. domestoboto
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2020

domestoboto , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 17, 2020 :
    OP is seemingly slacking in security updates now. Even Xiaomi out of all OEMs is releasing patches more up-to-date than OP can.

Being first with an Android version is great and all, but should THAT be the only measure of what a good software support is? Not the regular and timely release of updates for bug fixes, feature improvements, and security patches?

Personal anecdotes of your and my device running without issues, there are still hundreds if not thousands of people experiencing issues that just can't be attributed to "how you use your device (apps and settings)" - input lag on games, inconsistent camera performance, battery drain despite identical use of Apps between two different users, uneven colors of the AMOLED panel.

And let's not forget the PRICE CREEP we are seeing with OP phones (the US 6T was $529 then the 7T shot up to $599 without the temporary discount you mentioned; the Pro versions are over $800 and the McLaren 5G one is up to nearly $1000 yet is still stuck on Pie!!!)

When your devices are now at a spitting distance from the price of Galaxy phones (projections indicate that the 8-Series will be SLIGHTLY less than the Galaxy S20 and definitely more expensive than the Xiaomi Mi 10-series) but your whole shtick is that your device can beat ALL THOSE DEVICES, you bet that people will be up in arms when they start slacking and acting like a bad OEM that's now on life support...

20. F_Vaibhav_Sawant
    Donut Feb 17, 2020

F_Vaibhav_Sawant , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 17, 2020 :
    Yup the camera performance is pretty average.. 7Pro with the same specs did a splendid job.. hope the coming updates fix this issue..