OxygenOS 10.0.8 [EU] and 10.3.5 [India & Global] for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. bcharles99
    Honeycomb Oct 12, 2020

Insane_Butcher likes this.

2. akks likes this.
  3. donPepitoGrillo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2020

donPepitoGrillo , Oct 12, 2020 :
    I would like to point out precisely this aspects, which contain ancient myths mixed with unknown technical aspects about how Android works.

First of all, if you leave your phone connected all night, the device will stop charging to avoid overcharging and overheating, something that happened years ago and, as you well indicate, degrades the battery and shortens its life. If you want to check it, leave your device charging beyond 100%, and you will see how, after a while, the phone is no longer hot. That is a sign that the battery is not being charged. In that state, the phone uses power directly from the charger but never from the battery. The battery is not in a weird charge/discharge state as some people believe.

It is true that if we are rigorous, the battery "suffers" more being charged at 100% than at 80%. It is the reason why some manufacturers, OnePlus among them, are using (finally, fortunately) options to charge up to 80% and, around the time of waking up, charge the remaining 20%. But this has nothing to do with overcharging.

And here comes the most important part of all. Android needs to optimize applications code to achieve the best balance between power consumption and performance. That is a fact, and the only way for this optimization to happen is by meeting these 3 conditions: phone being idle (not being used), 100% charged, and in no motion. You can read more technical information here:

https://source.android.com/devices/tech/dalvik/configure

But I HIGHLY recommend you to read the post by @anupritaisno1 (thanks guy), who perfectly explains all this:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-and-battery-calibration-myths-busted.993896/

This is a very unknown info for most users, and they don't need to care about optimizations and things like that. But that's the way Android decided it to work.

Regards :wink:

4. akks
    KitKat Oct 12, 2020

Artemus. likes this.
  5. suryabhanu.jhon
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2020

6. rahulchaks likes this.

7. Funk Wizard
    Moderator Moderator Oct 12, 2020

Funk Wizard , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Please do not take my post as the official timeline. I have only mentioned a speculated ETA by when the 7 series owners could expect, though it could be by end of this year too, just a matter of enough feedback and testing for Android 11 builds for 7 the series.

7 Series owners can expect a rollout anytime between Q4 2020 - Q1 2021 IMO based on the previous release cycles for a major Android release.

Also, the article owner did not check with me before quoting my post so it's purely, speculation, not an official announcement.

8. bcharles99
    Honeycomb Oct 12, 2020

bcharles99 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Thanks for your clarification... fingers crossed 🤞... we will expecting android 11 stable update for 7 series in December

9. JRMatias
    Donut Oct 12, 2020

JRMatias , Oct 12, 2020 :
    After further analysis, I found out that
    The alarm ringtone reverts to NONE, when you set (or have set in the past) an alarm
    that uses the SAME ringtone as the clock-app DEFAULT ringtone.
    If you use a different ringtone than the clock-app default the issue does not happen ...

I have an OP7Pro and I believe the issue was introduced with the latest update to 10.0.8 / 10.3.5. It looks it is also happening in other models with recent firmware.

To change the clock-App default ringtone:
    1. Open the [clock] application
    2. Hit the top-right [gear icon], going into app settings
    3. In the [Alarms section] **Change** the configured [Alarm Ringtone] (the App-Default) to one you don't use
    4. Close the Clock-App Settings and configure the individual Alarms to ringtones different than the App-default one

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020

gyoungiii and hvihavai like this.
  10. T1578583860600
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2020

11. Mayurpatil75
    Eclair Oct 12, 2020

Pratheekh Chandra and Nish0207 like this.
  12. Areebanwar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2020

Areebanwar , Oct 12, 2020 :
    I believe as your title speaks "officially", any person statement would be taken seriously and not as speculation. I'd suggest you add that on the 2nd post in this thread to clear away any doubts. Just my 2 cents.

13. Yunusrg
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

Yunusrg , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Do not upset 7 professional users that you are upsetting enough. You haven't given the 170 mb update in almost 15 days. at least give android 11 update on time

14. Funk Wizard
    Moderator Moderator Oct 12, 2020

Funk Wizard , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Always look out for a Staff or Admin Badge for an official announcement, Moderators are not OnePlus Employees, they are just here to Moderate the forums and participate in the community discussion just like fellow users, so if someone takes their comments as official statements then my two cents for them.

Also, I do not feel the need to sticky my post, Updates will come as and when there is enough testing and feedback on the test builds, so thank you for your suggestion but I shall do a NAR on it.

15. Ken_Brownstone
    Gingerbread Oct 12, 2020

16. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2020

17. cooljinam
    Eclair Oct 12, 2020

cooljinam , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 12, 2020 :
    very poor roll out 2 weeks up from stage roll out and still not received 10.3.5 our vip moderators will come and say we are moving thread common every month a new patch comes and 14 days delay from 2 months whats happening instead of never settle looks like people have settled

18. Vasanth D
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2020