OxygenOS 10.0.8 [EU] and 10.3.5 [India & Global] for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. gdsingh94
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2020

gdsingh94 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 19, 2020 :
    Do you know that there is something called google play security updates as well in you phone? The reason it exists is so that the phone is not solely dependent on the security patches issued by the OEM.

Artemus likes this.

2. SumanGhost
    Eclair Oct 19, 2020

SumanGhost , Oct 19, 2020 :
    Its been 20 days update has been announced. 20 ******* DAYS!!! Still didn't got the update on my OnePlus 7. You guys are started getting worst with the update. OP7 is my 3rd OP phone. I am never buying any product from OP.

iulisimo, Yunusrg and James 007 like this.
  3. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Oct 19, 2020

Artemus , Oct 19, 2020 :
    Oxygen Updater exists, might I suggest using that instead of complaining.

sujitnair30 and Alexandre Rufato like this.
  4. SumanGhost
    Eclair Oct 19, 2020

SumanGhost , Oct 19, 2020 :
    If a company which is claiming to be a PREMIUM Smartphone brand not able to push update to their customer even after releasing it 20 DAYS ago and expect their customer to update using 3rd party app, I HAVE EVERY ******* RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

5. aasim9808
    Donut Oct 19, 2020

6. Head_Hunter
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2020

Head_Hunter , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue , Oct 19, 2020 :
    You mean Google Play Protect?
    Google Play System Updates mainly address security issues, but they aren’t the same as the monthly security patches. Both are responsible for different things. Google Play Protect monitors apps on your device for any signs of shady behavior. It's like an anti virus app. Google Play Protect can't adequately protect your device. Get a premium Anti Virus app rather than totally depending on Google Play Protect.

Do you have Google search engine on your phone?
    Get your facts right dude! Google engineers are not mad to build new security patches every month.

7. gdsingh94
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2020

gdsingh94 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 19, 2020 :
    I am not talking about play protect ... I am talking google play system updates... Which are essentially security patches sent Directly by google. Under project MAINLINE.

8. yapsy79
    Donut Oct 19, 2020

9. Shivam Bhatia
    Eclair Oct 19, 2020

Shivam Bhatia , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 19, 2020 :
    Shame on Oneplus... Still not received September security patch and october is going to end soon. This is my 2nd oneplus phone, but now I think it's time to switch to apple.

10. Head_Hunter
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2020

Head_Hunter , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue , Oct 19, 2020 :
    As I said in my previous comment that Google Play System Updates mainly address security issues, but they aren’t the same as the monthly security patches. Both are responsible for different things.
    So basically u want to say that Google Play System Update, earlier know as MAINLINE introduced in 2015, provides the same security features as Monthly Security Patches?
    Can you make your point crystal clear?

11. Jatin_Muppiri_
    Eclair Oct 19, 2020

Jatin_Muppiri_ , Oct 19, 2020 :
    Hey it's been 20 days but I haven't still received the 10.3.5 update whereas my OnePlus 6t has received it.

12. Veera Geeky
    Donut Oct 19, 2020

13. sk.jalal05
    Froyo Oct 19, 2020

14. leoyinjou , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 19, 2020 :
    I'm genuinely curious now with what's happened to this update. It's been way too long even when compared with my past experience with updates (I've gotten as quick as within 3 days, and as slow as 2 weeks). Was there any serious bugs or issues? Maybe someone should let us know if something bad happened with the update, at the very least? I am very keen on this update as it states that it fixes flashback issues and power consumption... :/

iulisimo likes this.
  15. Vivek_SV
    Eclair Oct 19, 2020

Vivek_SV , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 19, 2020 :
    That was my thought as well. With Apple you get updates at the same time regardless of what device you're using.

I'm making the switch to iPhone 12 next month. I don't think I'll come back.

Atanu Maji, iulisimo and Yunusrg like this.
  16. G_Ajay_Pandey_
    Eclair Oct 19, 2020