OxygenOS 10.0.9 for the OnePlus 7T [10.3.2 in India]

1. Kartik shinde
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2020

Kartik shinde , Apr 30, 2020 :
    after update I feel like my battery is draining fast,iam getting around 4.30 hrs. of sot before that I was able to get 5.30 screen on time.(battery of this phone is really the problem,I don't mind if u slower the phone in order to get good battery ,I mean this phone is fast as f but if u slower it by 20% no change will be visible so consider that and give operation to choose the owner about that.)

JorgeBoscan likes this.
  2. Richca
    Froyo Apr 30, 2020

Richca , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 30, 2020 :
    ever since this last update, my YI Home camera app does push notifications, was working fine until this update

any suggestions guys?

3. JorgeBoscan
    Froyo Apr 30, 2020

JorgeBoscan , Apr 30, 2020 :
    I have the latest update 10.0.9 and I noted a battery issue which is dropping my battery too way fast than ever.

Now when I use the charger the phone gets too hot. As I understood the charger is supposed to get hot, not the phone.

I'm a OnePlus user from 3T and now this 7T is not working as advertised.

Edit: Guys the problem apparently was solved by deleting the cache and data from Google Play Services and also wipe the cache of the system. Now I'm getting SOT 7:30hrs.

Thanks for the support OnePlus.

Last edited: May 1, 2020

4. Deactivated User
    Apr 30, 2020

Sanjeevone likes this.
  5. piyush.bhatia97
    Donut Apr 30, 2020

6. CHANAKYAPENDYALA
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2020

7. arunsagarsk
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

arunsagarsk , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 30, 2020 :
    i understand that some of the users are having issues with battery after the recent updates. but i can assure you that not every one faces the same issue. i mean for me this past update improved battery life considerably. (attaching pics of sot) a wipe cache in recovery might help.
    1588282554217.jpg

1588282554246.jpg

8. Alkit
    Cupcake May 1, 2020

9. Alkit
    Cupcake May 1, 2020

Alkit , via OnePlus 7T , May 1, 2020 :
    Note: Switch off your phone on weekly basis

10. p51d007
    KitKat May 1, 2020

p51d007 , May 1, 2020 :
    Easy way to do that, I set my phone to turn off at 11pm (23:00) and back on at 6am (06:00).

11. sirdeshdewal
    Eclair May 1, 2020

sirdeshdewal , May 1, 2020 :
    how can you get tht

12. L1579526059226
    Cupcake May 1, 2020

L1579526059226 , May 1, 2020 :
    Greetings!

I have been very satisfied with the One Plus 7T experience. I am just loving using it. But since a few days, I am facing extremely fast battery drain. The phone gets heated when put to charge.

What can be done ?

With regards
    Nikhil

13. SteFaNos123
    Froyo May 1, 2020

14. aQil_aHmd
    Cupcake May 1, 2020

15. sjcruz
    Froyo May 1, 2020

sjcruz , via OnePlus 7T , May 1, 2020 :
    evn i too feel the same.its js yuck nw

Ridhav Aggarwal likes this.
  16. Aegis Kleais
    Cupcake May 1, 2020

Aegis Kleais , May 1, 2020 :
    I understand that not everyone will be negatively affected by these updates. But for my screenshot here, My Screen time since full charge was 3 MINUTES. 3 Minutes of use, and 1.3 hours later and I'm at 13% used. Though it says I have 9 hours left (which would get me to 630p before dead) that is if I don't use the phone anymore. With normal usage, I'll probably have a dead phone between 1P and 3P, giving the fully charged battery a "life" of about 7-9 hours.

Screenshot_20200501-092938.jpg

17. jaimil thakkar
    Gingerbread May 1, 2020

jaimil thakkar , via OnePlus 7T , May 1, 2020 :
    bro can you please help how to do it??
    will it erase any of our data?

18. Aegis Kleais
    Cupcake May 1, 2020

Aegis Kleais , May 1, 2020 :
    Caches are not personal data. They are for performance.

Imagine you wanted live data, and you called to a service to get live info. But the operation on the server was very intense, and it might know that data doesn't change THAT often. So it processes the request and creates a cache (a response for the query for information) From that point further, when someone asks a similar question, if the cache is not determined to be "expired" one way or another (Cache invalidation is a tricky topic), then the cache is simply given to the user rather that the expensive process being redone. That means, you have a chance for invalid, not up-to-date data coming back, but in the event no changes have made, just providing you the cached response is worlds more performant.

Also, many times when things happen where it knows caches are now out of date, it informs the server, so that the next request, though less performant, re-creates a cache that will be used for all subsequent requests, again, until the cache is invalidated and recreated.

Here, they are having you manually wipe the cache. Since your machine does not see the cached data, it has to hit the remote services to get newer, guaranteed "fresh" data, rather than possibly using old invalid data.

jaimil thakkar likes this.
  19. mkcosec45
    Donut May 1, 2020

20. JorgeBoscan
    Froyo May 1, 2020

JorgeBoscan , May 1, 2020 :
    No it doesn't delete your data if you do these steps correctly:

Power off your device. You can do that by pressing power button and selecting “Power off”.

Once device is completely shut down, press and hold Volume down and power key simultaneously until you see OnePlus and Android logo.

Release the keys.

Now select your preferred language.

Tap on “Wipe Data and cache”.

Then select “Wipe cache”.

Give your consent to wipe cache by tapping on “Yes”.

Now reboot your device.

All the cache data will be cleared now.

jaimil thakkar likes this.