OxygenOS 10.0 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. PureGenius , via OnePlus 6 Silk White , Nov 2, 2019 :
    You always lose root when updating through the settings app. Not sure about when upgrading in twrp.

2. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 2, 2019

3. sachkharb
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2019

4. K1529508050479
    Eclair Nov 2, 2019

5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Beta gets beta updates. You need to manually change to stable by flashing full upgrade file over the beta. Several reports of success without wiped data. But just incase do a backup if you need one.

6. ItsRavi25

7. Morpork and Chosen_One like this.

8. a_m28

a_m28 , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 2, 2019 :
    yup! hope they unhide this setting in future updates and make it visible in default system settings ! [e]1f609[/e]

9. chaln
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

chaln , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Thanks [e]1f60a[/e]

10. Naman Panwar
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

11. kris_l
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

kris_l , Nov 2, 2019 :
    I've used oxygen updater today and have Android 10 [e]1f601[/e]

12. pvfpinto
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

pvfpinto , Nov 2, 2019 :
    hi, will be available the rollback from open beta to stable 10? or should I rollback do 9?

13. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Nov 2, 2019

docnok63 , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Some common things learned from A10 OP7 series I'll pass along....

To access notch settings:

Download this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.szalkowski.activitylauncher

and change this setting:
    http://bit.ly/36eOp7J

To remove bottom bar below keyboard:
    http://bit.ly/2N5ExnO

After installing any OS (upgrade or downgrade), DON'T wipe any caches and run this terminal command to improve battery life:
    http://bit.ly/2J1KroY

There are MANY problems with the A10 code base from Google that OnePlus cannot fix simply by applying their OOS skin. I HIGHLY suggest normal users who want a stable OS for their daily driver phone to stay on Pie.

14. sirius3
    Eclair Nov 2, 2019

sirius3 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 2, 2019 :
    I was able to update to10 from stable pie on TMo converted to international without a single problem! I used the oxygen Updater app (a must have app IMO). There're some issues I've run into so far with A10: faulty rendering of various keyboards (Gboard,Swiftkey,Fleksy) whereby it displays extra space below the keyboard; I can't choose any given default apps since it won't let me clear previous defaults (greyed-out "clear" button) therefore, uninstalling undesired app allows you to select desired one; color rendering is just odd ( even in different modes -natural, vivid, etc) hard to explain but colors just look a bit off when compared to pie -but maybe that's me and I just need to get used to that; step counter cannot be reset. Just slightly buggy gestures. Overall is very usable and solid. It does feel more like a Beta2 though than stable, and I guess that's probably true for any OS, including any Android10-based in the market ( even stock Android -pixel owners are reporting issues too). I've come to see this overtime as a natural rite-of-passage if you will. There are most definitely kinks to fix in order to make it as "mature" as how stable Pie currently feels, however, Android 10 is definitely a big step forward and I'm happy the OP team had A10 as fast as they did when they've rolled it out. if you're peeky with your system I'd wait until there's another update or so. This is a keeper for me, I don't feel like going back to pie, I'm just gonna wait until these details get worked out. Kudos to the OP team again.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019

15. NIKHIL_ROHILLA
    Froyo Nov 2, 2019

NIKHIL_ROHILLA , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Please do not install this update! they removed the notch hide which was very important. They removed the important feature without any of our consent!

16. Vicky Mahamna
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

17. praveenbasvij
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

praveenbasvij , Nov 2, 2019 :
    how did u get this update..
    by oxygen updater or OTA
    or downloaded and flashed

nirajbhusal likes this.