OxygenOS 10.0 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Chelikani234
    Froyo Nov 21, 2019

Chelikani234 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 21, 2019 :
    they are some super duper OnePlus supporters are here they say that OnePlus is developing one more build actually stable build so will be start rolling out in few days for them i just want to ask one thing,
    1.without proper prior testing why to announce and release the update?
    2. if this has bugs so called critical bug or bugs then what OnePlus developers team doing since android 10 announced by Google? they have how many phones in the lineup onle OnePlus 7 &7T so it's not the big thing to test ?
    3.our OnePlus is just one year old now only it's like this means what about future updates? when we will get them after announcement by Google! i think after 6 to 8 months?

so all super duper early developers and fans who are going to answer these?

Note: Questions or doubts which I've raised here all other OnePlus 6T users are also having same doubts and some these super duper fans thinking that they are the only loyal customer or community to the OnePlus, u might be super duper fan of OnePlus but we are also OnePlus community and have all the rights same as you.

2. joropamporo
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

3. Chelikani234
    Froyo Nov 21, 2019

all the cheap brands out there are able to push Android 10 update to their old devices but OnePlus being a no 1 smartphone in the premium segment in India have only 4 mobiles in the lineup can't able to do it ,It's a shame thing by OnePlus.

vlsimadhavan likes this.

4. LeonMx likes this.
  5. edyaldea
    Froyo Nov 21, 2019

edyaldea , Nov 21, 2019 :
    oneplus - snake with two tongs or heads (how you preffer). When we brought OP6 and OP6T we are their best friends. Now they didn't bother about us. oneplus is transforming - they become like apple, samsung who are interested only in profit, not a company of people.

6. Vivek237
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

7. L1560448875858
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

8. Chelikani234
    Froyo Nov 21, 2019

Ha just saw it in the community app OnePlus 3 users also getting Security patch update but being OnePlus 6 user I'm not getting neither android update nor security patch update
    wonderful it is, isn't?

tr3b0r and VinayTeja123 like this.
  9. L1560448875858
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

L1560448875858 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 21, 2019 :
    sorry, apple n samsung are far far better....plz dont insult them by comparing with OP....

10. VY0REL 87
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019

VY0REL 87 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 21, 2019 :
    You are right. This is my first oneplus phone and the reason to buy it was the software and al the fast upgrades. I 1 year I'd only see one or two big upgrades this is not a big deal at all. And they never listen to the community I've seen people asking for a camera update since 2018 and no update has been released. They asked for screen recorder, after 4 MONTHS they added the screen recorder.

11. panthimanshu
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2019

panthimanshu , Nov 21, 2019 :
    @splinter_head you really have so calm and relaxed head... I am really glad the way you are dealing all attacks.

Guys, I've updated to stable A10 using Oxygen Updater 10 days back. Initially my phone got restarted 1 or 2 times so I read the posts if there is any solution identified for this issue (it was hard to find the informative posts in this pile of shit posts) and found that if I wipe the cache it might resolve the problem. I did so and since then I've encountered not a single problem, no restart, no crashing... all is just fine and as a bonus I have October security patch too.

Important point I really wanted to make is that I have used Samsung, HTC before but OnePlus gave me a different experience of community. It is really a community driven company. Not a single company (as per my knowledge and experience) has such strong community base. Here people are reporting bugs, proposing new features, sharing stuffs, participating in contests, threads for general interaction with community members which is in a way is so good. Many things have been introduced in the OS from the ideas given by the community. Many things have been improved / amended on community members' requests.

Oxygen OS is undoubtedly the fast and by far great operating system.

Nothing is perfect and sometimes stable releases rolled out with bugs. Many big and renowned car companies had called back their models due to some technical fault left in the vehicle... but the point is that they are committed and so they are working on it to resolve the problems.

Please guys... nothing can be achieved by being abusive, whining, ranting... rather you can submit bug reports which will certainly be addressed by the OnePlus bug hunters.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019

12. Chelikani234
    Froyo Nov 21, 2019

13. srikarreddy1
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019

14. Chelikani234
    Froyo Nov 21, 2019

Nobody is abusing, whining or ranting here everyone wants to use Android 10 and can report bugs in one of the other way but to do that they have to receive the update First where is it ?

srikarreddy01 and vlsimadhavan like this.
  15. ade0410
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2019

ade0410 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Your comments and questions have been made and answered before on here. I'm sure you'll find your answers throughout this thread.

panthimanshu likes this.
  16. panthimanshu
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2019

panthimanshu , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Everybody is behind @splinter_head when he's posting the above post repeatedly... he has posted this many a times but still you asked the same question... does his comment didn't answer your question at all?... problem is that you didn't take pain to read anything but rather puked out your question. One of the guy has posted the screenshot of his communication with OP staff stating that they are working on a new version. If you would have read / investigated you would have resolved this question already on your own.

kaihp, splinter_head and iamahfaz like this.
  17. Ramesh.rio
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

18. mischa1981

mischa1981 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 21, 2019 :
    cry some more, maybe they'll listen [e]1f60a[/e]

19. mischa1981

mischa1981 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 21, 2019 :
    it ist paused because of many many bugs still remaining.

G1527769230803 likes this.
  20. Zack_Jatip
    Froyo Nov 21, 2019

Zack_Jatip , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I am rooted with magisk and using twrp 3.3.0-2 and my currently running OxygenOS version 9.0.17. What are the consequences of updating to A10?

Will I be able to keep root and twrp? Will I lose my data? I would have to manually install because of my setup,so I'd like to know what I'd be getting myself into before I update.

Thank you for any advice or wisdom.