OxygenOS 10.0 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. nagarjuna003
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

2. shivvv21 , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Nov 21, 2019 :
    hey guys, as u know this is a community thread so no OnePlus official are reading this
    So if you all really want some action to be taken as soon as possible kindly take it one twitter
    A single tweet frm any of the individuals and multiple retweets
    If possible take it to treanding so that OnePlus reads it and give us a mssg.

suraj1595 likes this.
  3. splinter_head
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2019

splinter_head , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I'll have a crack at your asnwers :)

1) It completely depends on the development style, but dev testing and QA never covers every real world use case - I'm not quite sure how the big bugs got through, which should've shown up earlier in the pipeline. But the only true way of finding out is to give it to real world users - or a staged rollout in this case. The small set of real world users got Android 10 and found it wasn't good enough.

2) When Android 10 is announced, OEMs have to wait for the first beta release to be out before they can start development which is enough to kick start device development. But they don't take anything for granted until the GM is released (possibly days before the official release to Pixel devices). That's when development goes into overdrive as you have the official final release of Android. So for the rest of the year, they are doing the arduous task of integrating an entirely new OS to the OnePlus codebase and making builds for the shiny new devices so they can have it at release.

3) As device hardware gets older, and component manufacturers stop making drivers for the bits in the phones, it takes longer to make new Android work. Also, priorities - consumers are demanding the latest software on the latest phones... logically. So focus on the older devices takes a backseat. That's just normal.
    We can take the 5 series as a good indicator of how our devices will fair- OnePlus have announced support for Android 10, so that bodes well for us getting Android 11 next year.
    They have however announced that it will be in Q2 2020. That is a long way off, and also a long window to release in.
    But as with any software development project, you can only estimate the work and add some contingency. In this case, it could be ready in February if all goes well, or it could be released in May if they struggle. For us that means that we are likely to get Android 11 (if it is officially announced for us next year) about the same time. So it could be 8 months after the official release, it could be 5!

Wow, that sounds like a ramble and a half, sorry about that. I hope that this gave you some direction in what I believe is going on

4. G_Akash_Roy_eDRy
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

5. shantanunaresh and splinter_head like this.
  6. JoylonMadtha
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019

JoylonMadtha , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 21, 2019 :
    when will the 6t get another update? you guys seriously messed up with the android 10 update for us. and all I see is other devices getting updates except us. I'm seriously disappointed with you OnePlus.
    the android 10 update for OnePlus 6/6t has bugs over the roof. I can't even use my phone as my daily driver cause of the update that you guys claimed to be stable and released it. I have never seen a stable update act this buggy. I wish to rollback but I don't want rollback to pie due the loss of data and to recover it. None of us deserve to do that. so please, work on a fix to this oxygen is 10.0 update. and another thing my phone randomly restarts anytime in the day when I'm using my phone say about 4 to 5 times in a day. and that pisses me off. it would piss anyone off. seriously this needs to be fixed please give your focus over here. for users of 6/6t.

shantanunaresh and suraj1595 like this.
  7. sepol1
    Froyo Nov 21, 2019

sepol1 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 21, 2019 :
    OnePlus zawsze słynął z opinii że słucha swojej społeczności i liczy się z nią. Ta sytuacja przekonuje nas że to tylko mit... Ja rozumiem że wydali aktualizacje z krytycznymi błędami i potem ją wstrzymali. Ale brak komunikatu w tej sprawie to poważny błąd i lekceważenie zeszłorocznych klientów. No cóż już nigdy więcej OnePlus

schreder likes this.
  8. B_Wrath
    Nougat Nov 21, 2019

B_Wrath , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Did you get the update through OTA or Oxygen Updater?

9. JoylonMadtha
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019

10. Kubo_S
    Froyo Nov 21, 2019

11. splinter_head
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2019

splinter_head , Nov 21, 2019 :
    OnePlus pulled the update for 1+ 6 series devices as it had bugs in. You accepted the risk for updating your device when you contravened that.

First, try wiping the cache from the recovery menu see if that fixes any of the major bugs.
    You can still roll back to Android Pie, but it will wipe the data from your device.
    Alternatively, you can put up with it for a few more days / a week, and wait for 10.0.1 to be officially released with many fixes for the major bugs.

Deactivated User likes this.
  12. B_Wrath
    Nougat Nov 21, 2019

B_Wrath , Nov 21, 2019 :
    So why are you blaming oneplus here? The moment they found that there is a problem with the update, they paused it.
    If you do a system update from third party apps, the risk and the responsibility is on you.

Anyways, you can do what @splinter_head has said in the above post.

drl431 and ironass like this.
  13. B_Wrath
    Nougat Nov 21, 2019

B_Wrath , Nov 21, 2019 :
    That's actually an useless thing to do on A/B partition devices.

anubis72 and ironass like this.
  14. Sanil_Mehra
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2019

Teja1999 likes this.
  15. schreder
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

schreder , Nov 21, 2019 :
    H2os beta 3 changelog
    Code:
    Update log:
    system
    • Fixed an issue where fingerprinting could not be used
    • Fixed a problem with fingerprint unlock animation remaining
    • Fixed auto reboot and crash issues
    • Improve system stability and fix other known issues

camera
    • Improve performance and fix known issues

WLAN and internet
    • Fixed 5Ghz WiFi connection problem

Probably it's 10.0.1 for us in next few days.

Vlad_Alex and splinter_head like this.

16. Teja1999 likes this.

17. 18VK and Luca1798 like this.
  18. ravisoren007
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

ravisoren007 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Nov 21, 2019 :
    if you've complain you can criticise but you can't insult someone personally. That's not the right you have received from anyone

19. ch.nareshmec
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

20. Clayton.celestino
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019