OxygenOS 10.0 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 7, 2019

docnok63 , Oct 7, 2019 :
    Are you looking for A9 stock recovery.img or A10 and why? What problem are you having?

2. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2019

Georgeoneplus7pro , Oct 8, 2019 :
    It's not emotional, just correct. Because OS update licenses are included in the price of the device.

Ven96 likes this.
  3. Sir_Pool_de_Float_MD
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2019

Sir_Pool_de_Float_MD , Oct 8, 2019 :
    I still don't know where you're getting that from. This is my very first OnePlus device. I'm not a fanboy to any one specific brand. I use Android and iOS daily, and have used almost every OEM available in the US.

However, my background in IT and dealing with mass scale rollouts like this allow me to see it from their side perhaps more than most on here. No amount of small scale testing will find every issue. Ultimately you need a larger release in order to expose your software to a wider user base. The staged rollout has been going on for 17 days now, and since we all know there have been some issues found, it's only logical that the OTA rollout would slow or stop while they're addressed.

4. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2019

docnok63 , Oct 8, 2019 :
    There was an official statement by the CEO himself, just not on this board. It was on Weibo:
    http://bit.ly/31U0IDP

Follow the link I just posted above. Mid November.

5. Ultraman215
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2019

Ultraman215 , Oct 8, 2019 :

Sir_Pool_de_Float_MD

I still don't know where you're getting that from. This is my very first OnePlus device. I'm not a fanboy to any one specific brand. I use Android and iOS daily, and have used almost every OEM available in the US.

However, my background in IT and dealing with mass scale rollouts like this allow me to see it from their side perhaps more than most on here. No amount of small scale testing will find every issue. Ultimately you need a larger release in order to expose your software to a wider user base. The staged rollout has been going on for 17 days now, and since we all know there have been some issues found, it's only logical that the OTA rollout would slow or stop while they're addressed.​

I agree with your logic....

BUT, if this was accurate, then I wouldn't expect OnePlus to allow continued downloads of the buggy software that appears to be readily available sourcing from OnePlus servers derived from the links pinned in post #2 of this thread...

Additionally, it would seem logical for OnePlus to use their community forum to transparently communicate the status of the roll out...

abhingp01 and Georgeoneplus7pro like this.
  6. TommyHammy
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2019

TommyHammy , Oct 8, 2019 :

7. Doctorrecon , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Oct 8, 2019 :
    understandable. but I'm thinking this huge headline here don't even come close to what your saying.
    1570490363450.jpg

Georgeoneplus7pro likes this.
  8. TommyHammy
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2019

TommyHammy , Oct 8, 2019 :
    Where did you get that from? Android is free open source software.

9. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2019

I agree with you @Ultraman215. Something similar I was preparing to write myself.

Ultraman215 likes this.
  10. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2019

Android, not OxygenOS.

11. Sir_Pool_de_Float_MD
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2019

Sir_Pool_de_Float_MD , Oct 8, 2019 :
    [QUOTE="Ultraman215, post: 20856034]
    I agree with your logic....

BUT, if this was accurate, then I wouldn't expect OnePlus to allow continued downloads of the buggy software that appears to be readily available sourcing from OnePlus servers derived from the links pinned in post #2 of this thread...

Additionally, it would seem logical for OnePlus to use their community forum to transparently communicate the status of the roll out...[/QUOTE]

Of course we can only speculate until we get an official posting in the forums, in English. I saw the translated one above, but wasn't sure if it applied to OOS or HOS.

As for leaving the download links active, essentially an extended testing period.

Doctorrecon and Ultraman215 like this.
  12. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2019

docnok63 , Oct 8, 2019 :
    It honestly doesn't matter whether he was talking about OOS or H2OS because the H20S builds come out and then the OOS builds are 24-48 hours later. This statement gives users a very clear idea of when to expect updates.

Georgeoneplus7pro likes this.
  13. dubbaYous
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 8, 2019

dubbaYous , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 8, 2019 :
    Well then stay with pie for now and wait patiently for os10, it's not like your are going to die if you have to wait.

14. sharathn29 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 8, 2019 :
    May be a statement from one of the OnePlus official will resolve all our confusions. Yeah their OOS 10 has more bugs than they expected but they need to accept it and give updates about it. Being quite creates more problems and confusion amongst users.

d.a.gribov and Ultraman215 like this.
  15. DIVITH.C
    Donut Oct 8, 2019

16. M_Khuvung
    Eclair Oct 8, 2019

M_Khuvung , Oct 8, 2019 :
    It's been 2weeks now.
    Stillill yet to receive the Oxygen OS10 .0 Version based on Android 10 on My OnePlus 7 Pro.

17. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2019

Samsung also in November, It may be ahead.

docnok63 likes this.
  18. R1570468739303
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2019

19. elanglois
    Lollipop Oct 8, 2019

abhingp01 and Georgeoneplus7pro like this.
  20. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2019

docnok63 , Oct 8, 2019 :
    We know with 100% certainty it will be ahead because it wasn't behind and wasn't today :p:cool:
    [​IMG]