OxygenOS 10.3.0 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. vuvuxela
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2020

vuvuxela , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    After updating, i tried boot to recovery mode for wipe cache, however it ask me to draw the pattern to unlock first. When i start to draw it, once i touched the screen, it start to decrypt and then fail, i have no chance to complete the pattern.

Anyone has the same problem of recovery mode?

K1578050704723 likes this.
  2. nglipboon , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Hi, has anyone encountered any issues with fingerprint unlock sometimes not working after a while? This happens after upgrading to 10.3.0 on 6T.

The apps in my 6T no problem on fingerprint unlock.

The unlocking problem is from normal locking at home screen.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020

3. Jamze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 3, 2020

Jamze , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Just tried it on my OnePlus 6. Works fine for me. Are you lifting your finger? As a workaround change to a PIN, wipe cache, then put the pattern back on.

vuvuxela and Caoimhín like this.
  4. jsachin45
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

jsachin45 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    I like how one plus has enhanced its dark mode in recent OS upgrade... Also the dashboard lets you know the time consumed by different apps and the times i have opened it...Kinda gives me overall look to what i did through out the day ...I love these features!

Caoimhín likes this.
  5. Inwithsj
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2020

6. K1578050704723
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

K1578050704723 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    After Update Installation, Firstly, the OnePlus camera has been stopped working. Auto restart issue remains as it is, and all of a sudden, device got heated from the lower portion of camera and device shuts down and won't be able to turn on. After too many attempts to turn it on nu power button and volume up key, it had still been unresponsive. I have to rush to local shop and have to degrade this update and lost all my device data.

After doing so, still application stoppage and auto restart issue remains the same.

Please suggest what to do with this device. Should I move to another brand or OnePlus be able to fix this within no time?

7. RogerOriginals

RogerOriginals , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Do you mean the phone sonetimes asks for pin/pattern/password instead of allowing you to use fingerprint scanner? If yes then this is a security feature.

If you mean the fingerprint scanner doesn't recognize your finger properly, then go to fingerprint setting, remove your fingerprints, get into a dark room with minimal to no light and re-register your fingerprints.

Caoimhín likes this.
  8. nglipboon , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Jan 3, 2020 :
    After restarting the phone, the fingerprint unlocking from main screen is working fine. After a while it's no longer able to unlock using fingerprint. There's always a failure message "finger moving too fast".

I had to use face ID to unlock the phone.

I'm not using pattern.

PIN is fine as far as after rebooting my 6T, using the mandatory PIN authentication works fine. Other than that always using fingerprint or face ID to unlock phone.

My fingerprint records are fine too. Before upgrading to 10.3.0 no such issue. As mentioned earlier after restarting phone, fingerprint works fine. Only after a while, no longer able to unlock by fingerprint. Even though that happens, all my apps, eg. banking apps that uses fingerprint works fine too.

9. S1528166723004
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

S1528166723004 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    I am using Oneplus 6. Many issues with performance after update. few of them are :
    a) repeated rapid charging sound (when on charging with screen locked)
    b) battery draining faster
    c) screen flickers randomly

10. farres
    Donut Jan 3, 2020

farres , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 3, 2020 :
    this is my stats of battery on the new update. looks great so far. I haven't noticed any issue with the OS. thank you OnePlus team.
    1578053782383.jpg

11. RogerOriginals

RogerOriginals , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Jan 3, 2020 :
    In fingerprint settings, disable 'Pick up to your phone to show' option. Check if it resolves the issue.

Caoimhín likes this.
  12. Maxj550
    Eclair Jan 3, 2020

Maxj550 , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    So basically there is no OTA? to be honest I wish there was more information coming from OnePlus themselves than all the android sites I've been looking through for the A10 rollout. Didn't even get 10.0.1!

13. C1569601707404
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2020

C1569601707404 , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    i m using one puls 6 running oxygen os 10.0.3 rapid charge not working only normal charge show display battery faster drain network problem 4G sim please one puls fix all problems next update please please

14. Mrcoolshades
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

15. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 3, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Jan 3, 2020 :
    It is still on OTA, but it sounds like your System Updates check is not working properly, can happen. The link I sent is from OnePlus official website. So it's the same file as OTA, just an alternative way to install it. If you do decide to install, always backup your phone, this is a major upgrade.

And follow the instructions on the OnePlus support site given.

icdesoft likes this.
  16. Caomhin

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Clean all 4 ports on, Charger, Phone, and both ends of USB cable. Seems A10 is a little more sensitive to the connections made.

For Battery, use App optimisation in Battery Settings. Charge your phone through a few cycles, check for draining apps on each cycle.

What's the 4G network problem, you might need to check your APN with the Mobile network settings.

ironass and G_Melfice_Moon_xCwS like this.
  17. Boubaker01
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2020

18. Caomhin

19. F1533051500940
    Donut Jan 3, 2020

20. Caomhin