OxygenOS 10.3.0 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. guisbro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 3, 2020

guisbro , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Does everyone have these <40 issues? This is my second OP phone and I never seem to get the majority of issues that other users seem to have.

2. NIK3SH
    Froyo Jan 3, 2020

NIK3SH , Jan 3, 2020 :
    And surprisingly you still believe these folks should enjoy public holidays and not taking these issues with critical severity ...

Slow Clap to your extraordinary thinking... 👏

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020

3. NIK3SH
    Froyo Jan 3, 2020

NIK3SH , Jan 3, 2020 :
    That is just one person's perception.
    If you need to actually know the number & criticality of it bugs,
    Have a look at below feedback page where actual technical users are reporting them,
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And I believe, only 1% of users have skill or time to get 'em reported. Others are just suffering with these all problems...

4. 2pints

2pints , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Ive been watching this thread, and the others with interest.
    I've got a 6t, and still on 9.0.17 no update notification, and system upto date when checking ( thankfully)
    Updates are not always upgrades, and this appears to be true in 10.x.x on the OP6/6T
    When OP was a small new company with the OP1 and the invite system you could expect things to be a little rough round the edges as a trade off for buying a product from a new company at a low price, however OP have decided to leave the 'enthusiast' market and move into the mainstream, with prices to match and customers who just want something that works.

Oneplus need to be more open with what they are doing, admit any mistakes and offer a means to easily revert ( say back to a previous version)
    If Oneplus prices creep towards those from the likes of Samsung and Apple, that is where the customers will go, and one plus needs customers, not fans

5. Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Jan 3, 2020 :

NIK3SH

Well then with your "PERHAPS",
    Calling OnePlus a Brand is a Mistake...

With 3 consecutive fail builds as well if this is not being treated as a Critical Issue then "Never Settle" tag also doesn't suit to the their customer centric vision.

Just have a look at feedback section for number and type of the issues being face for OP6/6T devices to understand the actual severity.

All 3 Build Forum are flooded with 800+ comments which was never before for any ROM. Those are not Compliments or Queries, but genuine issues being face by users...
    People are forced to downgrade OS here...​

See there is the problem, out of Millions of phones sold, only a small few have issues posted here. Personally my 6T has never experienced the issues you speak of. And we can only presume the many millions who have updated also don't have those issues, otherwise there would a thousand times as many posts.

Not to take away some who do have problems, however in many cases a complete factory reset will rectify them. In some cases they just need to use one of the suggested fixes given numerous times for the various issues highlighted in this thread. Or outside this thread.

So overall the severity is not that large, but a fraction of the overall 6/6T users taken in context.

3 builds stable, 2 builds beta and a preview build. All within the last 2 months for a phone that is 1 year to 1 and half years old is not bad, compared to other manufacturers for their older phones. Not forgetting the many A8 Oreo, A9 Pie builds, stable and beta builds as well. Show me another company with that level of service.

Chances are you may even get A11 & A12. So plenty to look forward to. Then you have the multitude of custom roms after that.

Short of a hardware failure or physical failure your phone will last for years.

6. Jamze

Jamze , Jan 3, 2020 :
    I'm the same as you. Heavy phone user, have 3 issues with 10.3.0, only niggles.

mícheál_ó and Caomhin like this.
  7. upthera
    Eclair Jan 3, 2020

upthera , Jan 3, 2020 :
    I don't even have niggles, tho I'm not a gamer.

Battery life better is a plus.

All the rest of minor things were sorted in the setup with pointers on this thread.

Nice smooth running phone after the OTA .

Caomhin likes this.
  8. NIK3SH
    Froyo Jan 3, 2020

NIK3SH , Jan 3, 2020 :

Point by Point,
    Posts are drastically enormous if you compare with other ROMs post.

I agree few issues will resolve out with Factory Reset but that again raise question of app data/conf cache integrity being maintained during upgrade process. If this reset process becomes mandatory then it's lack of Upgrade Quality.

The builds I'm talking about are 10.0.0, 10.0.1 & 10.3.0.
    These all were declared as stable build releases and not beta...

Links herewith below for your reference,
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-10-0-for-the-oneplus-6-and-6t.1131882/
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-10-0-1-for-the-oneplus-6-and-6t.1142866/
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-10-3-0-for-the-oneplus-6-and-6t.1155517/

Next,
    Motorola is also providing this same level upgrade frequency.
    And here I'm not comparing level of OS upgrade service, I am asking for bug resolution improvement made in these 3 stages.

Last,
    About having A11 & A12,
    Think from customer perspective,
    Genuine users are more inclined to have device stability as prime priority rather then having buggy feature upgrade...

9. dnyanesh3d
    Donut Jan 3, 2020

10. Jamze

Jamze , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Thank you! What was your critical bug (you submitted a log file) out of interest? This is what I don't understand. You're on the community warning of thousands of critical bugs, but don't share what they are?

mícheál_ó and Caomhin like this.
  11. NIK3SH
    Froyo Jan 3, 2020

12. Jamze

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  13. NIK3SH
    Froyo Jan 3, 2020

14. Taseen16
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

Taseen16 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Hlw,
    After this Update i have lost my Portrait Mode from my camera app. [e]1f62d[/e]
    Can anyone assist me on this?
    1578075511631.jpg

15. ironass
    Lollipop Jan 3, 2020

ironass , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Try... Camera > Settings >Custom modes > +Add modes... is Portrait mode there? If so, tick it.

Caomhin likes this.

16. Taseen16
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

Taseen16 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    not there bud.
    1578076136703.jpg

17. ironass
    Lollipop Jan 3, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  18. Taseen16
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

Taseen16 , Jan 3, 2020 :
    1578076537178.jpg

19. ironass
    Lollipop Jan 3, 2020

ironass , Jan 3, 2020 :
    I guess you have tried clearing the camera''s cache and storage in...

Settings > Apps & notifications > See all *** apps > Camera > Storage & cache > Clear cache > Clear storage... reboot phone.

If this has failed, consider either...

1. Downloading the latest camera .apk, 3.8.90, from apkmirror and installing that.

2. You could download the full 10.3.0 firmware for your model of phone from the official OnePlus Download & Update store and install it as per the instructions in the link, via your Local Upgrade. This will not wipe your data however, as always when doing an install, I recommend making a backup of your phone... just in case.

Caomhin and Artemus. like this.