OxygenOS 10.3.0 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Jamze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 4, 2020

Jamze , Jan 4, 2020 :
    Yep, miss those days. Unfortunately, the demand for regular, timely OS and security updates across multiple devices means those days are gone I reckon. OnePlus will keep things stock as much as they can.

Johnny_Fire and Caoimhín like this.
  2. CHANCHALSINHA
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2020

CHANCHALSINHA , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 4, 2020 :
    brother this is one plus problem if they want they can solve it let's see when it'll be possible

dasacom likes this.
  3. Jamze

Jamze , Jan 4, 2020 :
    I think that's like me saying I don't like the Windows 10 Start Menu layout and saying it's Lenovo's problem. But let's see what they can do.

Hopefully they won't remove it as I prefer it with a gap.

4. Ajinky@91
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2020

5. Puru_ , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Jan 4, 2020 :
    Don't know why so many people are facing battery draining issues. I'm getting close to 9hrs SOT. Try to recalibrate the battery, might help.

6. Abinash.Mohanty
    Eclair Jan 4, 2020

Abinash.Mohanty , Jan 4, 2020 :
    It's a long post, but it's my experience of A10.
    Yesterday atlast I updated my device to 10.3.0. I was so skeptical before upgrading that it'll be the worst update ever and made sure I backed up my device if it comes out this update is buggy as said by majority of ppl, i'll rollback to 9.0.17 ASAP. But guess what, this is the most stable update of A10 afterall. My battery standby has improved. Before when I used to unplug my phone after full 100% charge if I keep my phone idle for some minutes, battery would drop like 4-5% within fraction of minutes. Now it's been solved. And I haven't reset my phone yet it's working all good. Some claimed LED notification not working, for me it's working as it was in Pie.
    Camera quality is same as Pie.
    Gaming- I play PUBGM and CoD:M, both working alright with graphics set to Smooth-Extreme and High-Max respectively. and battery drain during gameplay is same as it was in Pie. 2hrs45mins for Pubg, 3hrs30mins for CoD from 100 to 15 battery percentage. No issues while gaming.
    Ambient display is working fine. In my case it has improved alot. In Pie when I had to raise my phone more towards me to display the ambient screen, and in this update it's calibrated well.
    Atlast brightness issue has been fixed.
    Only cons I found, as usual the implementation of Notch hiding. Hope they don't follow Google's way of hiding notch and bring back good ol' Notch Hiding.
    Wi-Fi- my phone's MAC address has changed and i wasn't able to connect to my WiFi due to MAC filtering enabled.(not a Con though but made me do work a little bit to connect to WiFi)
    And Display Settings. After I updated my phone I instantly found the screen colour looks dull. In Pie it was set Default. But in Q it's automatically set to Vivid which still looked washed out. So I set it to Advanced-> Amoled Color Gamut which surprisingly works like the default one.
    Yeah about that gap under keyboard I don't mind at all, but yeah it looks a bit odd to the screen.
    Overall after applying the update, playing around new customization option, changing my location privacy settings, all i can say is that it feels alot like PIE with some minor perks and my phone looks like a phone with good fat bezels from top to bottom after hiding the notch. :p
    If you guys feel your phone's a bit lagging,
    glitch issues, found any bugs. First i recommend you to Clear the cache of each individual apps one by one. Switch off, then Clear Cache of off Phone by holding Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously for some seconds until you see Oneplus's logo and then it asks for your pattern/password, select your preferred lang., select WIPE CACHE and clear it like 3-4 times (that's what I do everytime I receive an major OOS update) and then reboot. If problem still persists then better take backup of your phone and do Full Reset or else rollback to previous Pie version which also erases your data.​

G_Mr_.... and Caoimhín like this.
  7. farres
    Donut Jan 4, 2020

G_Mr_...., Caoimhín and Jamze like this.
  8. Alberto100
    Froyo Jan 4, 2020

Alberto100 , Jan 4, 2020 :
    It is absolutely not an oneplus problem. At most the problem is that of google who has chosen this path. The same thing happens on samsung firmware too.

Caoimhín likes this.
  9. Endless_1990
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2020

Endless_1990 , Jan 4, 2020 :
    Phone is slow after this update. Screen doesn't show as quick as before. Phone dial interface was much accessible before. now can't switch between speed dial, history & contact by swipping rather I have to tap on them to open. plz fix these issue 1+.

CHANCHALSINHA and Mithesh_k like this.
  10. Alberto100
    Froyo Jan 4, 2020

It is not so complicated to understand. Some have certain apps and some use, others quite the opposite. Just as some apps are not optimized for Android 10. There are several possible combinations. Unfortunately, people tend to justify everything as a firmware problem.

G_Mr_.... and Caoimhín like this.

11. Alberto100
    Froyo Jan 4, 2020

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020

12. Jamze

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020

PrakarshX and Caoimhín like this.
  13. Alberto100
    Froyo Jan 4, 2020

If you have not done so, from recovery you have to clear the cache. Let's not forget that it's still a major release.

And to be honest, total formatting would be even more appropriate.

Madhav303 and Caoimhín like this.
  14. Puru_ , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Jan 4, 2020 :
    True.

15. Housden
    Eclair Jan 4, 2020

Housden , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 4, 2020 :
    i.ve had my update almost 2 weeks.

lots of apps stop responding when using.

when I force the app to close sometimes I need to restart the phone to get the app to open.

Madhav303 likes this.
  16. Madhav303
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2020

17. MaltaCode
    Eclair Jan 4, 2020

MaltaCode , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 4, 2020 :
    Latest Update 10.3.0 drains battery on my OP6, even after a full wipe and restore of my backup. before update I had about 1.5 days battery life, now not even one day. Same apps, same config.

Parthkansara likes this.
  18. sktrf786
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2020

sktrf786 , Jan 4, 2020 :
    video player is creating problem... it skips 2 or 3 sec automatically and plays the video... after the update

19. drummingchef
    Eclair Jan 4, 2020

drummingchef , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 4, 2020 :
    Anyone from Canada that has a 6t and HAS updated to oxygenOS 10.3.0?????

I don't think this matters all that much but I am with Telus.

With folks STILL saying there are some residual bugs remaining, I am deathly afraid to upgrade both mine and my wife's phones!

Any feedback from folks from Canada would be appreciated with their experiences with the new Android 10 version of OxygenOS.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!