OxygenOS 10.3.0 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Gzzzy
    Froyo Jan 22, 2020

Gzzzy , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Can you show us the screenshot?

2. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jan 22, 2020

AnonymousWP , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Sure, but that's the point: screenshot of changelog is missing.
    upload_2020-1-22_13-54-55.png

narceoneplus2, Kytharsis and Gzzzy like this.
  3. Y1528302947237
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

Y1528302947237 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Hi guys.
    Since I moved to android 10 on my 1+6, there a mysterious issues with facebook.I can use it for couple of days,and then it stops showing videos,gets stuck on loading all the time.Otherwise facebook keeps working.
    To get videos running again,i need to go and clear apps cache and sometimes also userdata,then it works fine.Have tried reinstalling etc...
    Anyone got an idea whats wrong?As i get the feeling that it works untill it fills certain amount of storage and then stops,but i hav 74gigs free.
    On android 9 such issue was never a problem...

And the second one,videocamera focus since the last update has gotten so slow,before it was almost instant,now ots like blind grandma..

Best wishes,
    Gvido

4. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Jan 22, 2020

Kytharsis , Jan 22, 2020 :
    The reason: Facebook doesn't care much for Android 10. After each major version change, it's up to app developers to optimize its apps for it. This is what happens when an app developer openly ignores it.

5. freeshared
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

freeshared , Jan 22, 2020 :
    These are the stats for 5hrs of continuous usagae,which includes
    1)4hrs of video playback on earphones (480p video of wrestle kingdom) with around 30% screen brightness,4G data on,replying to notifications
    2)1hr of web browsing roughly (used in three intervels of 15 to 20 min each)
    3)I kept checking cpu states everytime I start and stop web browsing and found that it is web browsing that is causing cpu stats to raise to 2.8Ghz
    (I use 2 browsers,opera mini and chrome)

Screenshot_20200122-173249.jpg Screenshot_20200122-173257.jpg Screenshot_20200122-173315.jpg

--conclusion--

_It is all about reduced 'target load' in this version (10.3.0) of stock kernel causing cpu clock speed to jump to top speed even at a moderate load leading to battery drain,low SOT and heat.
    _kernel developer need to fix this in next update by increasing 'target load' to default 90% or at least 80%.

This is the only possible solution for battery drain and low SOT.

Ps:
    If people following this discussion needs solution right now,they can head to "XDA OnePlus 6 forum" to this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/help/horrible-battery-life-2h-sot-kernel-t3939750
    and read from 45-50posts(last 4-5 posts right now)

Hi,I have rooted my phone just now and while checking kernel perameters and behaviour along with terminal emulator for ram usage,I think I have found the solution to battery drain and low SOT.
    -At first glance it appears that though kernel has issue of toned down "target load",which should be fixed by developer in next update, poorly developed/optimised apps(I'm not talking about battery optimization here)are being released on playstore which are putting more load on cpu even though they have a small memory foot print i,e heavy cpu usage (like heavy games) but only small amount of ram usage.
    -I need to dig a bit deeper so that I can find solution for low SOT,may be by tomorrow

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

Jamze likes this.
  6. Vivien Joseph
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

Vivien Joseph , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    i notice that the speed of the data used while using mobile hotspot is not showing no more from this new update ...
    is there any option i needa enable or did u remove it ?

WolneySilvaJr likes this.
  7. WolneySilvaJr
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

WolneySilvaJr , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Hello friends. I need to leave my account here.

Before performing the upgrade I did the factory restore (via the settings menu) on my OP6. When I called for the first time after the restore, the update arrived and then I upgraded to OxygenOS 10.3.0.

I did not face any critical issue of functioning. Just small bugs.

- The keyboard does have a space below. It has already been said that this is purposeful on Android 10.

- The automatic control of the screen brightness is really inefficient.

- Sometimes the wallpaper is not applied correctly.

- The Youtube Premium PIP function sometimes does not work.

Anyway, they are small bugs that you can live with.

Performing a factory restore of the device seems to be entirely easy to perform the update.

Hugs.

19TCC62 and Caomhin like this.
  8. ZaidMans
    Donut Jan 22, 2020

ZaidMans , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    After updating, the device (6t) gets slow in performance due to which i got it downgraded again to 9.0.17 from one plus service center.

9. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 22, 2020

RogerOriginals , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Where did you see it?

1579707672754.jpg

10. G_Meng_Xu_niXY
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

11. JAGADISH BHATTA
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

JAGADISH BHATTA , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I use brave browser and it is way energy efficient than chrome firefox

12. megkowalik
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

13. AnonymousWP

14. RogerOriginals

RogerOriginals , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I meant to ask where did you hear about the update? There must have been some mention somewhere.

15. AnonymousWP

AnonymousWP , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Yeah, it got submitted to us (Oxygen Updater).

16. DaRk_ChAoS69
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

17. freeshared
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

freeshared , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I think it has nothing to do with energy efficiency,It's all about poorly optimised apps getting released for android 10.
    Opera mini is a must for me coz it has data saving and I use Chrome(without data saving) for banking and other stuff, any how I have rooted my phone just now and while checking kernel perameters and behaviour along with terminal emulator for ram usage,I think I have found the solution to battery drain and low SOT.
    -At first glance it appears that though kernel has issue of toned down "target load",which should be fixed by developer in next update, poorly developed/optimised apps(I'm not talking about battery optimization here)are being released on playstore which are putting more load on cpu even though they have a small memory foot print i,e heavy cpu usage (like heavy games) but only small amount of ram usage.
    -I need to dig a bit deeper sothat I can find solution for low SOT,may be by tomorrow

18. Trevor.Hawkes

Trevor.Hawkes , Jan 22, 2020 :
    In theory on or before 19 February.

Jamze and ironass like this.
  19. Auristic
    KitKat Jan 22, 2020

Auristic , Jan 22, 2020 :
    It seems 10.3.1 is gonna come a bit earlier this time... Or not! :D

Jamze, Caomhin and ironass like this.
  20. Trevor.Hawkes