OxygenOS 10.3.1 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. malidan
    Nougat Feb 2, 2020

malidan , Feb 2, 2020 :
    I've been fresh installing for over 10 years and I don't see the issues constantly banded on this forum.
    The only device I couldn't do a fresh install on was the Note 8, so that was an automatic factory reset.
    Huawei have dload which fully wipes the device so that too is a fresh install.
    The ROG2 was a factory reset, Install, followed by another reset. I now have root and twrp so that will now always be a fresh install moving forward.

It's been along time since I have had to face heat, battery drains etc, the last time i faced those type of issues was on the OP5 and the time before that was the OPO.

On providing sources, why would I need to provide a source for hearsay:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020

2. seahero
    Froyo Feb 2, 2020

seahero , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 2, 2020 :

3. seahero
    Froyo Feb 2, 2020

4. Z1564439751126
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2020

Z1564439751126 , Feb 2, 2020 :
    I updated using Oxygen Updater and now (I don't know if that's the cause but) I can't open the community app it takes too long to load and after waiting for a few minutes it says "Connection error". I'm still having problems with wi-fi that doesn't connect again if I turn it off(I have to turn on data for a few seconds then open the wifi again or restart the phone just to connect to wi-fi). I'm also having connection problem with my games, my ping spikes. Android 9 didn't have this problem, only when I updated to A10. GPS also doesn't work, when I try to open map it doesn't show the location I'm currently at(the blue circle that turns whenever my phone turns). I have to install an application to fix my location(I need gps because speedtest shows me the wrong servers). And when I turn my location off again my GPS reset again to the wrong location. I tried using other phones and they work just fine, only on my OP6T does it occur.

5. Jamze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 2, 2020

Jamze , Feb 2, 2020 :
    But hearsay 'doesn't cut it' though?

I don't agree BTW. Any post that moves a topic along rather than just a one-line 'this doesn't work, please fix' is worthwhile. Even this one, as it (eventually) prompted you to suggest a fix.

I do agree on wipe/factory reset though. Same here. Done it for 10 years since the HTC Desire.

Caomhin likes this.
  6. malidan
    Nougat Feb 2, 2020

malidan , Feb 2, 2020 :
    No dude that would be referring to studies or reports without sources to back it up, without source it has no substance and becomes hearsay.

On a the fix statement I didn't suggest a fix, I repeated hearsay and suggested you should look into it.;)
    I personally would have cleared the data and cache and then reinstalled as @Sameer7500 suggested some time ago.
    Just deleting the app doesn't always remove the data.

7. _BlackPanther_
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2020

_BlackPanther_ , Feb 2, 2020 :
    what's the best way to backup and restore one OP6, using Google photos and drive would suffice , I see photos are backing up a high quality image and not the original picture.

8. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Feb 2, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 2, 2020 :
    Have you tried to reset the Mobile Network

Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth, then restart the phone to see if that will rectify the issue

Once restarted. Open the phone dialer, click the 3 dots in the upper right corner, go to Settings -> Call Settings -> SIM 1-> Voicemail and turn on Visual Voicemail. This will only work if your carrier supports Visual Voicemail.

Let us know if this helps, my mobile operator does not provide this service so cannot check.

9. Hobby420
    Froyo Feb 2, 2020

jitu@111 likes this.
  10. Jamze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 2, 2020

Jamze , Feb 2, 2020 :
    I've never worked out with Google Photos if you've selected the high quality/free option if it then over time removes the originals on your phone? I assume the 'Free up device storage' in settings does this. Not a concern for me really as I don't use the 6 for 'proper' photography.

Anyway, my backup is usually.

settings/system/backup and hit Back up now

take a OnePlus Switch backup (never had to use this)
    backup my launcher layout (Nova)
    backup Sesame settings
    move these three off the phone

check that a number of apps I have that sync with Drive have sync'd. WhatsApp chat backup for example.

finally a quick check there are no files stored local. very rare, but sometimes I might have some photography raw files I need.

All hearsay/IMO of course.

_BlackPanther_ and Caomhin like this.
  11. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Feb 2, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 2, 2020 :
    Backup all the folders required to a laptop, pc.

You can change the resolution settings in the Google Photos settings, backup & sync.

Also use your Google Account to backup apps, contacts, and other folders to Google Drive.

If you have less than 35GB, you can also use OnePlus Switch to create a local backup and transfer it from the phone to the PC, take note of the location it states it is saving the file to on the phone.

You can never have enough backups in more than one location.

Go to Settings, System, Reset Options, Erase All Data, click on the Delete All Data button

1580649568529.jpg

_BlackPanther_ and Jamze like this.
  12. AlokNPatel
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2020

Sameer7500 likes this.

13. khyathi123
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2020

14. ms1995sharma
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2020

15. masqu
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2020

16. Lelander2015
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2020

Lelander2015 , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 2, 2020 :
    I've been doing it since windows 95. same problems.

17. theonly2333
    Eclair Feb 2, 2020

18. K_deep
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2020

Attached Files:

Caomhin likes this.
  19. F_Любомир_Ива
    Froyo Feb 2, 2020

F_Любомир_Ива , Feb 2, 2020 :
    Best build so far! Deeply regret that I flashed 10 in November. 10.3.1 is still complete crap! Couple of weeks ago they released a .zip that can revert to 9.0.4 just flashing it. Does anyone have something similar but with 9.0.17. Thank you!