OxygenOS 10.3.1 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 4, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 4, 2020 :
    Do a full Erase/Delete Data button, factory reset. This will restore you to a fresh installation of 10.3.1. So you will need to backup your phone.

Go to Settings, System, Reset Options, Erase All Data, click on the Delete All Data button,

Artemus. likes this.
  2. Caomhin

You can try resetting the WiFi, see if that resolves the issue.

Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi

Just in case there is an App hogging resources, causing lag, Battery drain or freezing, clear your recent apps, also try setting 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Also charge your phone to full and restart it after optimizing, and see if that helps.

Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more battery than necessary.

drl431 and Artemus. like this.
  3. Jamze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2020

Jamze , Feb 4, 2020 :
    There was a load of Google app updates yesterday, including Drive, and my backups have started working again 👍🏻 Not sure why but they run automatically and complete now.

The backup setting screen still looks different though, without all the things backed up listed underneath 🤔

Artemus. and Caomhin like this.
  4. Giannicola
    Donut Feb 4, 2020

5. Chrono4
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2020

Chrono4 , Feb 4, 2020 :
    I haven't posted any screenshots, I don't know if you're mistaking me for someone else but the reason there's no changelog displayed when you select the package downloaded from the Oxygen Updater app for "Local Upgrade" is that the little file that contains the changelog is not included in that package or the ones downloaded from OnePlus' own website for that matter. Only OTAs come with the changelog and that's why it's displayed when you go to install one. Aside from that though, as I've said before, the files that you actually install on your phone are the same for either of the 3 methods.

Caomhin likes this.
  6. U1551473542284
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2020

7. Caomhin

Yes Google pay works fine.

If you ever have issues with Google Pay try the following.

Clear the App info Cache and App info Storage for all items

Google Playstore
    Google Pay
    Google Play services
    Google Services Framework (Search in Setting for this)

This should fix any Playstore and Google Pay issues.

You can then also try to update your Google Play System Update to January 2020 if it hasn't already updated in Settings, Security and Lockscreen

8. Jamze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2020

Jamze , Feb 4, 2020 :
    Google Pay working fine. Have you cleared the data and caches of the apps related to Pay? I don't think Google Pay 'breaks' in a given release, but it's the installation that mucks up the Pay data/config somehow, so a wipe of data/cache sorts it.

drl431 and Caomhin like this.
  9. The Joker
    Marshmallow Feb 4, 2020

The Joker , Feb 4, 2020 :
    It looks like my phone is allot more stable after the 10.3.1.
    have to test it more. did a wipe on the cached files

10. Garzino
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2020

Garzino , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 4, 2020 :
    I try to do how caomin said about the connection WiFi and It doesen' t disconnect more, It does It only when It changes the wifi channel in 2.4 GHz and i think it Is normal.

Caomhin likes this.
  11. Garzino
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2020

me too, i am testing hard the phone about this two days and for the moment i don t see problems

Caomhin likes this.
  12. The Joker
    Marshmallow Feb 4, 2020

The Joker , Feb 4, 2020 :
    the biggest issue. and demand the update, as some didn't understand in the topic.
    i saw a huge amount of lag on the screen. i cant stand buggy animation's that don't look smooth

13. Garzino
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2020

yes i see that me too but i think it deoends of the launcher, Oneplus Launcher need an update, once time solved that i think the problem are finished

14. Caomhin

Update your OnePlus Launcher if it's available as an update in the Playstore and is your launcher of choice.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.oneplus.launcher

You can also clear the Launcher App cache, search for OnePlus Launcher in Settings, search bar. And clear from there.

Also try the following, see if it helps.

Just in case there is an App hogging resources, causing lag, Battery drain or freezing, clear your recent apps, also try setting 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Also charge your phone to full and restart it after optimizing, and see if that helps.

drl431 likes this.
  15. ten_piseth
    Froyo Feb 4, 2020

16. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Feb 4, 2020

Artemus. , Feb 4, 2020 :
    Did you format the phone after updating to 10.x?

drl431 and Caomhin like this.
  17. King2468
    Gingerbread Feb 4, 2020

18. ten_piseth
    Froyo Feb 4, 2020

19. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Feb 4, 2020

Artemus. , Feb 4, 2020 :
    Well, it certainly fixes the problems you seem to be having. Dirty flashing 10.x seems to cause issues.

drl431, lukilaki and Caomhin like this.
  20. VaibhavAMido
    Froyo Feb 4, 2020