Eclair Feb 13, 2020

ironass and Caomhin like this.
  2. kvladan
    Froyo Feb 13, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Naveen Rayala
    Donut Feb 13, 2020

Naveen Rayala , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 13, 2020 :
    thanks for reply.i have a doubt.doing what ever you said can of lost any type of data..?

4. Caomhin
    KitKat Feb 13, 2020

ARX007 likes this.
  5. Caomhin
    KitKat Feb 13, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 13, 2020 :
    No, only Cache files, so you will only be wiping Cache files NOT Data files.

6. JHeisecke
    Froyo Feb 13, 2020

JHeisecke , Feb 13, 2020 :
    Since the update 10.3.1 when watching a video on full screen I can't do the gestures that takes to the home screen.
    I do that a lot with Netflix, because Netflix shrinks to a little screen and I can use the phone while having Netflix playing.

another error is that my screen flashes colors when unlocking with fingerprint.

Anyone else having this issues?

7. Skepticalwig
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2020

Skepticalwig , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 13, 2020 :
    Please bring back the feature where hidden messages were visible once the device detected the face! It was so great and probably one of the cool features I enjoyed using often.

8. Jamze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 13, 2020

Jamze , Feb 13, 2020 :
    When something is playing full screen you have to do the gesture twice. Once to display the bottom bar, and again to swipe home.

Kytharsis and Caomhin like this.
  9. JHeisecke
    Froyo Feb 13, 2020

JHeisecke , Feb 13, 2020 :

Jamze

When something is playing full screen you have to do the gesture twice. Once to display the bottom bar, and again to swipe home.​

Nope... not working. I use Navigation gestures (bottom) I'll change now to (left or right)

10. Jamze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 13, 2020

Jamze , Feb 13, 2020 :
    So you can't get the bottom bar to display? Any gesture should do it. Once it's displayed, gestures should then work. Just tried with Netflix on my 6 and it works as you describe. Swipe home and Netflix becomes PiP in the corner. I use left/right gestures.

*Update* you're right, doesn't work with bottom gestures 🤔

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020

11. ARX007
    Froyo Feb 13, 2020

ARX007 , Feb 13, 2020 :

Caomhin

Just for comparison, and this with only 60% usage, NO Gaming.

View attachment 1247855

by View attachment 1247854

Man how are you getting such impressive battery life?!...The most I get is around 3hrs without gaming and standby consumes more than 6 percent of battery. Tried clearing the cache but still no luck. What should I do?...We have a great phone, it's sad to to see it suffer like this!

Maniviper and Caomhin like this.
  12. Caomhin
    KitKat Feb 13, 2020

Not entirely sure, I think its a combination of things. Nearly all 3rd party apps on Optimize, had factory reset on 10.3.0, before updating incrementally to 10.3.1. Although battery life was nearly as good before the reset. It was the only reset I did in a year.

I use Fast Task Killer app a few times a day, whether this helps not sure, I also clear all recents apps regularly, many times a day.

I use Kiwi Browser as much as possible, Chrome tends to flatten the battery quicker, I use Facebook Lite which is optimized, don't use FB Messenger much. WhatsApp for most messaging, Gmail for email. Oneplus community app, Various research apps. Only have a few apps on Intelligent control.

I don't do music either, Bluetooth is only connected in the car for calls.

Few other bits and pieces. Have brightness on Auto. I leave the charger in all night, since I have had it, over a year ago.

Hard to pinpoint any factors.

It's the reason I often suggest a full wipe, not the other 2 options, but the nuclear one, Delete All Data button. After Backing up the phone. Only have 29GB storage used. I clear app info cache on high usage apps regularly.

Face absolutely no glitches whatsoever, phone runs like a clock.

I also restart it every couple of days. So not quite sure, maybe a combination of all the above.

drl431, ARX007, kjjm and 1 other person like this.
  13. ARX007
    Froyo Feb 13, 2020

ARX007 , Feb 13, 2020 :
    You are right, maybe a hard reset will help. Thanks a ton!

Caomhin likes this.
  14. ARX007
    Froyo Feb 13, 2020

ARX007 , Feb 13, 2020 :
    Another thing, how to optimize the phone after a full charge?

Caomhin likes this.
  15. Caomhin
    KitKat Feb 13, 2020

ARX007

Another thing, how to optimize the phone after a full charge?​

Here's what I do.

Just in case there is an App hogging resources, causing lag, Battery drain or freezing, clear your recent apps, also try setting 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings, Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Also charge your phone to full and restart it after optimizing, and see if that helps.

Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more battery than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

Oh and just in case, onetime way back found that Google play services using battery, did the following and it fixed it. No need to do it unless you see high battery by Google Services, Playstore etc.

Try the following, Clear the App info Cache and App info Storage for all 3 items

Google Playstore
    Google Play services
    Google Services Framework (Search in Setting for this)

Restart the phone

You can also then try to update your Google Play System Update if there is one available in Settings, Security and Lockscreen

drl431 likes this.
  16. Caomhin
    KitKat Feb 13, 2020

I noticed as well that I now get higher SOT than 9pie, I noticed over about 2 to 3 weeks after installing 10.3.0, & the 10.3.1, that battery life SOT actually increased.

I think this is down to the learning curve Android 10 has inbuilt to make your apps more efficient as it learns what apps you use most, least and in between.

So give it a bit of time and let us know how this works out for you.

17. Dinxsy
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2020

Dinxsy , Feb 14, 2020 :
    just did the 10.3.1 update, it's so buggy regret doing it. toolbox/recent apps doesn't work (swipe right on home screen)
    home/recent apps gesture is unresponsive.

recent app gesture brings apps from left side of screen, doesn't behave smooth (maybe this wasn't a change)?

Notification sounds are all messed up, not app dependent just 1 generic sound.

selfie cam is horrendous now to add

Long story short, can I revert to a previous update with out loosing data?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020

18. nambi2
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2020

19. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Gingerbread Feb 14, 2020

Tee_Eee_Bee , Feb 14, 2020 :
    Reverting to an older build will wipe your data, but you can back everything up prior to downgrading.

Caomhin likes this.
  20. Dinxsy
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2020

Dinxsy , Feb 14, 2020 :
    would that include photos/videos? Don't think I'd have the appropriate storage for a full backup.
    I may just have to stick with it and hope 1+ are aware of the problems and update with hot fixes, unless I'm the only one with said issues.