OxygenOS 10.3.1 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. mehulprajapati
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

2. AntInPhilly
    Eclair Feb 18, 2020

AntInPhilly , Feb 18, 2020 :
    I just downloaded the official 10.3.1 ota on top of the version previously downloaded from oxygen updater app and so far it's a night and day difference in performance. I won't get my hopes up just yet but so far I experienced no lag switching between apps and also I noticed the camera is not blurred like it was. I'll check back in, in a day or so to let everyone know if I encountered any lag and also how well my battery is performing.....

lyes87 likes this.
  3. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2020

Tee_Eee_Bee , Feb 18, 2020 :
    Well, since you said 10.3.0 worked fine, here are the links to 10.3.0, but rolling back will wipe data, so you'll need to back everything up. Maybe OnePlus will deliver a new version that won't have this issue.

OP6:
    https://otafsg1.h2os.com/patch/amaz...s6Oxygen_22_OTA_042_all_1912142031_0fb330.zip

OP6t:
    https://otafsg1.h2os.com/patch/amaz...s6TOxygen_34_OTA_042_all_1912142031_d9ef3.zip

Open the links in a browser if they don't work in the app.

Caomhin and Auristic like this.
  4. U1540955010131
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

U1540955010131 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    Not able to see cellular data usage for previous billing cycles on 6T (Oxygen 10.3.1). OP support said that I should be able to see the previous cycles. They suggested booting into recovery and wiping cache (which didn't help), and if that doesn't work, wipe the whole device (which I ain't gonna do).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020

5. aayogorkhali
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

aayogorkhali , Feb 18, 2020 :
    it was all fine until the update showed up. fast charging battery drainage everything. and then the update happen. and battery drainage was high, heating problem. and 2 days ago while charging mobile turn off n since then fast charging doesn't work. and later that night I put mobile n charge an at morning I woke up to a off mobile.

I have tried using other cable but the past charge is not working.

any suggestions.

lyes87 likes this.
  6. F1553086306701
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

F1553086306701 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    I am not kind a fan of Android 10 having all the issues happening around with Oneplus 6. This is not meant to be for the smartphone which was a flagship killer back in 2018.

As if, it is meant to be for all the smartphone companies to slowing down the smartphones on purpose! in the difference of 2 years what actually changed in the phone that we are facing a lot of bugs, slower activity, camera not responding, apps crashing etc. etc.

I am not complaining about this particular smartphone. I never will, i am a fan of this device. This particular Oneplus 6 device was meant to be for android 9, it was smooth like butter. i Bought the phone just to experience the seamless usage of it. But going with the flow, updating it to next versions became the biggest regret.

But let's have a fair deal on this matter. Let's not have an update on android versions, stick to the old versions which they are meant to be.

With Regards,
    A Fan

7. bjorg18
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2020

bjorg18 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    You got it wrong sir. Actually I am not talking about the usual milliseconds/microseconds delay which is always there no matter how fine-tuned it is. There is an audio/video synchronization problem I am facing which happens only after 8-10 days of usage. If I restart the device, it goes away but comes back again.

Speaking of audio codecs, there will always be a minimal latency issue over SBC/AAC based earphones/headphones. However, I am using aptX HD based earphones and there are no latency issues with it. Be it gaming, streaming, watching YT videos, etc. But the audio/video sync issues even on aptX HD is making me crazy.

8. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 18, 2020

camohan , Feb 18, 2020 :
    Everyone has a right to decide whether to upgrade to newer version of Android or stay with an older one.
    However, not giving a choice by cutting off updates is so wrong.
    Every new Android brings new challenges and it takes time for app developers to update individual apps to be compatible with the new software.
    Slowing down of phone is such a myth.
    Thread merged.

Kytharsis, drl431 and Auristic like this.
  9. nitishkhullar1187
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2020

nitishkhullar1187 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    A week after ota update on OnePlus 6,

1. Battery life not worse but ain't good either. Gives about 3 hrs 40 mins SOT, whereas it had 4-5 hrs on Pie.
    2. They haven't fixed shit in the name of bugs. Camera plus many more apps are acting buggy now. They either totaly stop or start responding awkwardly.
    3. WiFi does not connect as promptly as before, tries a few times before it actually connects. other phones don't have this issue with the same wifi and connect immediately.

Had done a complete downgrad to 9 before upgrading to this version, so was hoping to get a clean install without bugs.

Final verdict: Not satisfied at all.

10. F_Digambar_Rawat_cXxA
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

F_Digambar_Rawat_cXxA , Feb 18, 2020 :
    when we expect the VoWIFI for 6T in India. I know it is already rolled out for OP 7 Series. but what about the 6/6T. with JIO connection.

11. nitishkhullar1187
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2020

nitishkhullar1187 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    We already have it on Airtel

Kytharsis likes this.
  12. Jamze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2020

Jamze , Feb 18, 2020 :
    OK. Yes, aptX HD will be better. It doesn't remove latency completely (still prob around 100ms).

You haven't said if this is audio or video delay.

Given that the same Bluetooth headphones and phone work fine with games and other streaming apps, this points to a YouTube issue. I assume you've tried wiping data/cache for the YouTube app? Have you tried doing this when the issues occur after 8-10 days rather than a reboot?

I don't think it will help here, but in older versions of Android, I used to regularly wipe data/cache for Bluetooth to keep it working reliably. You have to re-pair any devices if you do this. But I've not had to do this since Pie I think.

13. Jamze

Jamze , Feb 18, 2020 :
    Have you raised this direct with OnePlus support or just here on the user forum?

I have 2 UK SIMs, both are working well with 10.3.1. I get the expected speeds. Actually, the phone seems better at maintaining a connection. On regular walks where I used to have to switch SIMs, I no longer have to. But that could just be improvements to the phone network or the time of year.

So there must be something specific to your network or phone config that has been triggered by 10.3.1 somehow.

14. ppavan1
    Froyo Feb 18, 2020

ppavan1 , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 18, 2020 :

AmitMohanty

It is already there. The VoWifi feature was being rolled out circle wise. It may be so that your service provider circle hasn't received that feature yet.​

It is already there for Airtel in all circles. For Reliance Jio, OnePlus has just launched it on OnePlus 7/7T though latest update. Jio VoWiFi currently doesn't work on OnePlus 6.

15. Kartik chowdary
    Froyo Feb 18, 2020

16. bjorg18
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2020

bjorg18 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    I did mention it is an audio/video sync issue. Refer to 1st post to which you replied.

It isn't a YouTube issue. All the other OTT apps I tested (Netflix, PrimeVideo, etc) have the same audio/video sync issue ON THIS DEVICE. On other devices like Android TV and iPad, there is no such audio/video sync issue when connected with these Bluetooth earphones. So, it has got to be a Bluetooth bug with the device.

Also, I never wipe data or cache memory for any of the apps. But I tried re-pairing the earphones after 8-10 days of usage (when the problem occurred) and it had the same problem after re-pairing.

17. bjorg18
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2020

bjorg18 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    If you are talking about the connectivity on 5 GHz frequency, then there is some instability otherwise on 2.4 it works fine.

18. Jamze

Jamze , Feb 18, 2020 :
    'I did mention it is an audio/video sync issue. Refer to 1st post to which you replied.'

This doesn't tell me if the video is lagging the audio, or vice-versa. I've assumed the audio is lagging as you keep referring to a Bluetooth bug.

Latency comes from Android's audio path as well as the Bluetooth codec. In fact, most of it is usually from the audio path. The iPad and Android TV may have more optimised audio paths. As you have a policy of not touching data or caches, nothing more I can suggest, unfortunately.

These test results are interesting. Includes the audio path.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020

drl431 and Auristic like this.
  19. Anbinraja
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

Anbinraja , Feb 18, 2020 :
    I don't store anything in Google drive, photos and cloud... I don't use OnePlus cloud services...

20. bjorg18
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2020

bjorg18 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    I think you should give it a rest. You are making things more complicated and confusing. It was a simple bug that I was talking about. I don't think there is no need to go much deeper into this. Accept that you misread the post. The first line of my post had the word 'audio/video sync issue'. That was enough to understand that there is a synchronization issue. If you keep on assuming things, you are bound to get confused, lol. Thanks for all your input.