OxygenOS 10.3.2 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 28, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 28, 2020 :
    Looks to me like WhatsApp is using a lot of battery over a few minutes

Maybe try clear the WhatsApp app info cache, and see if the steps below help.

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > see all apps > select three dots > Reset app preferences.
    Then reboot.

This will not delete your apps data but you will have to provide permissions again.

Also just in case there is an App hogging resources, causing lag, Battery drain or freezing, clear your recent apps, also try setting 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Also charge your phone to full and restart it after optimizing, and see if that helps.

Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more battery than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

drl431 likes this.
  2. rpd6
    Eclair Feb 28, 2020

3. kmaier
    Honeycomb Feb 28, 2020

4. cereal_kllr , via OnePlus 6 Midnight Black , Feb 28, 2020 :
    lightning fast updates for what? Seems like nothing has been fixed, I still see the handling theme notif and the usual "improved system stability and fixed general bugs", like cmon

Chosen_One and hammer496 like this.
  5. Caomhin

You can minimise the app notifications, and possibly silence any sound it makes.

Go to Settings>Apps and notifications>All x apps>3 dot menu>Show system apps>Android System>Notifications|>FG OPThemes...

Select Other less important without sound and Vibration.

Should reduce intrusions.

6. danasmoot
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2020

danasmoot , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 28, 2020 :
    Question for everyone, I have a 6T and am still running OOS 9.0.17. I haven't received and OTA push for this version yet, but I have for the previous one from Dec, but I have been holding off installing it. What is the best way to get up to date? Should I install the 10.3.1 and then update to 10.3.2? Or should I wait for a 10.3.2 full image? Will I need to wipe my data and everything to do this?

7. Caomhin

danasmoot

Question for everyone, I have a 6T and am still running OOS 9.0.17. I haven't received and OTA push for this version yet, but I have for the previous one from Dec, but I have been holding off installing it. What is the best way to get up to date? Should I install the 10.3.1 and then update to 10.3.2? Or should I wait for a 10.3.2 full image? Will I need to wipe my data and everything to do this?​

You have to be on 10.3.1 to install incremental 10.3.2, as it a partial update currently. There is no Full update file just yet, that will usually appear later, could be hours or days, maybe longer.

You won't need to wipe anything as you will be upgrading to 10.3.1, then you can install update 10.3.2

Artemus. likes this.
  8. xXDetonatorXx
    Froyo Feb 28, 2020

xXDetonatorXx , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 28, 2020 :
    A nightscape improvement update next maybe?? It's been the same since the phone is launched and it is actually a useless feature for 6t right now because of its quality.

9. vasek2
    Eclair Feb 28, 2020

Quiter86 likes this.
  10. Vivek Unni
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2020

Vivek Unni , Feb 28, 2020 :
    is this update having the features mentioned in the beta 5 or will those updates be coming in the next update?

11. Alessandro_R.
    Eclair Feb 28, 2020

Alessandro_R. , Feb 28, 2020 :
    The OB5 just arrived while the stable is the result of testing of previous beta. You can expect these features in the next stable.

JAGADISH BHATTA likes this.
  12. abidrex
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2020

abidrex , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 28, 2020 :
    in case you're looking for the update, you can download oxygen updater and select incremental updates from its settings and download it. I've done it.
    1582930547917.jpg

13. VietnamX
    Eclair Feb 28, 2020

14. ojflorentino
    Eclair Feb 29, 2020

ojflorentino , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 29, 2020 :
    If you have the money then upgrade to next Oneplus or buy a different phone. If you don't have the budget, hold on to your OnePlus 6.

It's as simple as that.

Artemus. likes this.
  15. _MarcoJ
    Froyo Feb 29, 2020

_MarcoJ , Feb 29, 2020 :
    Just updated to 10.3.2 for my OP6. Missed phone calls still don't light up the notification LED.

16. sardaarbabu
    Eclair Feb 29, 2020

sardaarbabu , Feb 29, 2020 :
    Hi Manu, Team,

Update should required for below bugs on OP 6 device,

> Handling theme notification
    > Keyboard space issue
    > Notch display (need to be update as like initially)
    > Post upgradation of Android 10 phone performance became slow (In android 9 performance and all too good). need to be update performance also.
    > Battery also not stable

Note: I hope you people having test environment (UAT or Pilot) but still bugs are persist, Kindly do the test properly before production rollout.

We are eagerly waiting for the update with above fixes.

Thanks,
    Sardaar

Kunya, adi1001 and Srínívas Sñ like this.
  17. Karan_Odedra
    Froyo Feb 29, 2020

Karan_Odedra , Feb 29, 2020 :
    9.0.17 is the best stable update. Don't go for 10 as of now :)

azans and Kleb32 like this.
  18. cereal_kllr , via OnePlus 6 Midnight Black , Feb 29, 2020 :
    ok ty.

19. L1530364124931
    Cupcake Feb 29, 2020

20. TrunksDBZ
    Froyo Feb 29, 2020