OxygenOS 10.3.3 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Thomas Shimko
    Eclair May 2, 2020

Thomas Shimko , May 2, 2020 :
    So people that buy the "t" variants get less updates. Good to know and not to buy T anymore :). And T series are same like Samsung....

2. Caomhin
    Marshmallow May 2, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , May 2, 2020 :
    Always get the T, it will have ironed out the issues from the first version in the series, and come with more and better features, check the comparison for each series on Gsmarena website, there is a compare option there, and you will see the difference between each one in the same series.

ironass and Artemus. like this.
  3. JAGADISH BHATTA
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2020

JAGADISH BHATTA , May 2, 2020 :
    Here are my GCAM samples to strengthen your claim it is same Phone with same camera sensor but GCAM captures way better photos than stock cam which is developed by Oneplus professional camera developers 😂 OnePlus need to go a long distance to have similar quality photos xiaomi learned its lesson now their camera algorithm are flagship grade

Attached Files:

Caomhin likes this.
  4. frshboxx
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

5. Artemus.
    Nougat May 2, 2020

Artemus. , May 2, 2020 :
    4.4.2 isn't meant for your device, so any issues caused by it is due to this fact.

frshboxx, Caomhin, ironass and 2 others like this.
  6. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , May 2, 2020 :
    Uninstall updates for the launcher and it'll all work fine.

frshboxx, Caomhin, drl431 and 2 others like this.
  7. Thomas Shimko
    Eclair May 2, 2020

Yeah well I bought T for a reason. But you get less updates then the no T variant. That is not fair.

Caomhin likes this.
  8. suresh9890
    Eclair May 2, 2020

jitu@111 likes this.
  9. ironass
    Lollipop May 2, 2020

ironass , May 2, 2020 :
    You can... you just haven't read through some of this thread to find out how. ;)

Caomhin likes this.
  10. Caomhin
    Marshmallow May 2, 2020

If you investigate before buying like I did, it wouldn't be an issue. That's just the way it is. I have no issue with, as this phone will work fine on custom ROMS in 2, 3, 4 years after end of life software updates.

By which time the majority of people will have upgraded anyway for other reasons, Camera, hardware, and maybe other features yet to be introduced in the future which we haven't got addicted to yet.

My average time on a single mobile is usually about 2 years, but this 6T I might keep until 9T or 10T. It is that good of a phone.

Does more than I need it for, fast, efficient, camera's great, battery is exceptional. Can't fault it.

1588433098313.jpg

1588433098343.jpg

1588433098370.jpg

11. frshboxx
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

frshboxx , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , May 2, 2020 :
    ah i see,, thank you so much for the answer ,

rhyd1am and Artemus. like this.
  12. Thomas Shimko
    Eclair May 2, 2020

Yeah it's a good phone. I keep my phones for years. I make roms for them by myself, some I publish on xda. Sometimes I use other people roms. So they have quite a long life span. The note 3 I had previously (and still do) I used for 5 years. So I know what you are talking about.

Caomhin likes this.
  13. Caomhin
    Marshmallow May 2, 2020

The missus is still using my S7 from 4 years ago and can still get a day out of the battery, though she doesn't use it for extended periods, so it's fine for what she wants.

Auristic, rHITkM and Artemus. like this.
  14. Pankkajarora
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

Pankkajarora , via OnePlus 6 , May 2, 2020 :
    You may have to wait months before official channel rollout the update. It's safe to upgrade via oxygen updater app.

Caomhin likes this.
  15. AmritRajiva
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

AmritRajiva , via OnePlus 6T , May 2, 2020 :
    Hello @Manu J., this oxygen update is not available on the OnePlus website? Why does Oxygen Updater, a third party app, host the update, but the update cannot be found on the official OnePlus site? This should change...
    Never Settle...

ACT43277 likes this.
  16. Pankkajarora
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

Pankkajarora , via OnePlus 6 , May 2, 2020 :
    Open Oxygen Updater App

change the setting to Full Update, thereafter, Go to settings
    enable advance download. Now you're good to get the full update.

Caomhin likes this.
  17. Artemus.
    Nougat May 2, 2020

Artemus. , May 2, 2020 :
    Is this somehow new? It's always been like this... the reason Oxygen Updater has it so quickly is because they pull it from the update server directly and doesn't have to wait for it to become available on the site. The reason they don't post it immediately is to make sure there's no major bugs with the early adopters.

18. Caomhin
    Marshmallow May 2, 2020

AmritRajiva

Hello @Manu J., this oxygen update is not available on the OnePlus website? Why does Oxygen Updater, a third party app, host the update, but the update cannot be found on the official OnePlus site? This should change...
    Never Settle...​

Because OnePlus as a company providing the software, have it as a Staged Random Rollout.
    View attachment 1294220
    However, these are open servers where anyone can access the files if they wish to download and install them. And 3rd party Oxygen Updater simplifies the process for users.

These files are also available as standalone links posted throughout the thread here for 10.3.3 and in other threads for other versions of Android depending on which version you want to run.

It's great to have the choice.

Auristic, B_Wrath, drl431 and 3 others like this.
  19. vinodshrmaa
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

vinodshrmaa , via OnePlus 6T , May 2, 2020 :
    Should it take 7 days to release for everybody ?. Sad enough....it is too much of waiting....tired.

20. Artemus.
    Nougat May 2, 2020

Artemus. , May 2, 2020 :
    Yep! Sometimes even longer. Can't wait? Search this thread for direct links OR use Oxygen Updater and get it now. ;)

Auristic, drl431 and Caomhin like this.