OxygenOS 10.3.3 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Caomhin
    Marshmallow May 2, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , May 2, 2020 :
    Or you can either download from the links posted and install manually or use 3rd party Oxygen updater, as most have done.

Auristic, drl431 and Artemus. like this.
  2. vinodshrmaa
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

vinodshrmaa , via OnePlus 6T , May 2, 2020 :
    But why not by OTA Sir ?? Why OnePlus should take that long ?? I had a worst experience by updating via oxyzen updater. I dont want to repeat it again.

3. Artemus.
    Nougat May 2, 2020

Artemus. , May 2, 2020 :
    Not to mention working on not relying on swears to convey your message.

4. Caomhin
    Marshmallow May 2, 2020

As @Kytharsis stated, they roll it out on a gradual basis to ensure no major issues take take place. It it does, then it will only affect a few rather than everyone.

If you downloaded it yourself, then that's on you, not on OnePlus. Which is the correct way to do business.

However if you check the posts here, there are very few issues of any consequence and the overall consensus is that the update is currently fine.

However OnePlus will stick with their Staged Random Rollout timeline for release just to be sure. It's playing it by numbers.

Simples really.

Auristic, rhyd1am and Artemus. like this.
  5. Caomhin
    Marshmallow May 2, 2020

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Auristic, rhyd1am and Artemus. like this.
  6. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , May 2, 2020 :

vinodshrmaa

But why not by OTA Sir ?? Why OnePlus should take that long ?? I had a worst experience by updating via oxyzen updater. I dont want to repeat it again.​

7 days........ that's all!!!

As was debated on here only yesterday, even Google stipulates 14 days for an update to reach devices (possibly longer if not purchased directly from them).

As for having a bad experience with Oxygen updater. I can't understand how it can be a bad experience, since it works the same way as downloading an update from the OnePlus site and installing it yourself. So I can only assume that's user error 🤷‍♂️

Auristic, B_Wrath, Caomhin and 2 others like this.
  7. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2020

Auristic, Caomhin and Artemus. like this.
  8. AmritRajiva
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

AmritRajiva , via OnePlus 6T , May 2, 2020 :
    I agree that it's good to have choice.

I feel that one of the choices that should be available is to be able to have us (the OnePlus family) be able to download the update from the official site.

The objective of a staged rollout is lost if we direct our OnePlus family members to the Oxygen Updater, a third party app. Instead of directing to a third party app, put the update on the OnePlus site itself for those who want the update now.

Personally, I would either wait for the OTA or for the update to be available on the OnePlus site for download.

9. vinodshrmaa
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

But why are u comparing it with google. If it so then remember " Pixel phones get Android version updates for at least 3 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store.".
    And if u r so sure that oxygen updater is all ok with update then why OnePlus is not so sure. We can not keep boasting so much without even understanding it.

ratansuthar00 likes this.
  10. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , May 2, 2020 :
    The files that you download from Oxygen updater are the same ones that OnePlus themselves push out to us. I'm not saying that you should be using it, that's up to you to decide.

What I was pointing out in the previous post is that it has only been 7 days, yet people are stamping their feet because it didn't arrive for them quickly enough!

"Should it take 7 days to release for everybody ?. Sad enough....it is too much of waiting....tired." Your own words!

11. vinodshrmaa
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

I totally agree.

12. Prudhvi_26
    Cupcake May 2, 2020

13. vinodshrmaa
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

Let OnePlus officially state that " The files that download from oxygen updater are the same ones that OnePlus push out." I will bow down. No further arguments ...

14. Krishnamukesh
    Cupcake May 2, 2020

15. iamrj
    Honeycomb May 2, 2020

iamrj , via OnePlus 6 , May 2, 2020 :
    Indeed. Lol.

16. sirgeorge1973
    Froyo May 2, 2020

sirgeorge1973 , May 2, 2020 :
    Guys Android 10 in not for Oneplus 6!Honestly I've tried all versions so far till beta 6.I'm among users they face the problem with notification led in all notifications-it just don't blink!!!Adaptive brightness is terrible in all 10 versions so far comparing in Pie 9!I think is better to rollback to 9.0.9 all of you facing above problems.I'm very happy being in 9.0.9 and I stay here for ever.thank you

17. Artemus.
    Nougat May 2, 2020

Artemus. , May 2, 2020 :
    I've been on A10 since 10.3.0 and my LED is blinking just fine and I don't care for "adaptive brightness".

MercyKiller69, Auristic and Caomhin like this.
  18. sirgeorge1973
    Froyo May 2, 2020

sirgeorge1973 , via OnePlus 6 , May 2, 2020 :
    good for you!!! I've sent feedback imade clean install...no luck

19. Caomhin
    Marshmallow May 2, 2020

You would have to discuss that with OnePlus as its their policy.

However in the meantime as @Kytharsis @rhyd1am and I have mentioned previously, the links are available in posts put up in this thread, these are also links that are direct from OnePlus servers.

Auristic, Artemus. and rhyd1am like this.
  20. @Aryabravo
    Eclair May 2, 2020

Last edited: May 2, 2020