OxygenOS 10.3.3 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. FaleshC
    KitKat May 23, 2020

FaleshC , May 23, 2020 :
    did you by any chance leave feedback for OnePlus devs?

Caomhin likes this.
  2. Archit@123
    Gingerbread May 23, 2020

Archit@123 , via OnePlus 6T , May 23, 2020 :
    I will leave it now. I have checked this thing in andriod 9.0 oos and andriod 10 both and factory rest issue still exist.

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Artemus.
    Nougat May 23, 2020

Artemus. , May 23, 2020 :
    There's your problem.

Caomhin and sahilliaqat96 like this.
  4. Trevor.Hawkes
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2020

Trevor.Hawkes , May 23, 2020 :
    When it heats up next switch into Safe Mode and report the result.

Caomhin and Auristic like this.
  5. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , May 23, 2020 :
    contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

6. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020

Have you tried to reset your Mobile Network adapter.

Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth

Then restart the phone.

Also try cleaning the Sim and try it in both Sim slots?

7. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020

No I don't notice any weird movement, what specifically happens to that bar?

8. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020

Reset your Network Adapters

Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth.

Also try the following

Take out the Sim, clean them, swap them around see which work in which slot and which won't.

If that doesn't work, then contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

9. Archit@123
    Gingerbread May 23, 2020

10. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020

11. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020

Archit@123

I will upload video wait.​

I think I see what you mean, it stretches long and short yes. If you watch where it is doing that, it's because of the length of a page or post within a page, where it sees the start and end of an area of text.

Check it with a long and short post here, it will shorten to signify a long post and lengthen to signify a a short post, its the gap between posts. On here anyway

12. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020

Just in case there is an App hogging resources, causing Heat issues, causing lag, Battery drain or freezing, clear your recent apps, also try setting 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 3 to 4 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

Charging, battery, performance, caches and battery calibration myths busted

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-and-battery-calibration-myths-busted.993896/

If its still not improving, backup your phone, full factory reset, Delete All Data, as in wipe your phone completely, and repeat the steps above.

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    Enable Erase Internal Storage.

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/05/14/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

ironass likes this.
  13. sahilliaqat96
    Cupcake May 23, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  14. Archit@123
    Gingerbread May 23, 2020

Archit@123 , via OnePlus 6T , May 23, 2020 :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-USubdQGW9zGjvDgEnm55rlK9w1nzx3E/view?usp=drivesdk

check this it's 38 mb file 😅.
    I found this in low brightness or medium issue is more but if I increase phone brightness to full then less.
    check the quoted posts in community and icons of display battery etc in setting

15. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020

Archit@123

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-USubdQGW9zGjvDgEnm55rlK9w1nzx3E/view?usp=drivesdk

check this it's 38 mb file 😅.
    I found this in low brightness or medium issue is more but if I increase phone brightness to full then less.
    check the quoted posts in community and icons of display battery etc in setting​

I don't see the grey bar in Settings on my phone either, but that's in the OOS.

As I said, the grey bar lengthens and shortens to show that there is a longer or shorter area of detail to view. Such as between posts on the Community App.

If I view a post with a long space between one and the next post the grey bar will shorten.

If its a short post it will lengthen to show a shorter gap between the posts

It's a feature.

16. sam200794
    Donut May 23, 2020

sam200794 , May 23, 2020 :
    how to switch to safe mode?

17. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020

sam200794

how to switch to safe mode?​

Turning On Safe Mode

Press and hold the Power button.

When the power options appear and shows the Power Off option press and hold it.

The Reboot to safe mode prompt will appear. Tap Ok.

1590223797370.jpg

ironass likes this.
  18. sam200794
    Donut May 23, 2020

sam200794 , May 23, 2020 :
    how to report results in safe mode???

19. Vikashlb
    Gingerbread May 23, 2020

Vikashlb , via OnePlus 6T , May 23, 2020 :
    Guys i dunno if its a bug but for me after screen recording PUBG in 60fps the video playback is laggy and if i turn on Video enhancer the laggy becomes over laggy

20. Tejas Tharu
    Gingerbread May 23, 2020

Tejas Tharu , May 23, 2020 :
    Phone call volume has been slightly lower compared to Android Pie, but not that significant. It is fairly manageable. The software should improve this for sure.

In my experience, it is drastically improved compared to 10.3.2. My phone easily goes for more than a day in moderate use. During heavy use, it goes for 1 day with SOT ranging from 5.5 hours to 7 hours.

Ok, let me address this query with my past experience. The exact same issue I was facing in my older Nexus 6P, where the phone was getting switched off as battery levels are approaching to 20-25%. It is the issue of wrong battery calibration, and your battery now needs a replacement.

I would recommend to have a battery replacement. I am sure, this will solve this issue.

I would say 99% of all the problems can be resolved with a clean install and not restoring the old app backups. You can give a shot.

Battery heating is quite normal in video calls as your CPU clocks at a higher frequency. The same goes for the Camera.

Moreover, while charging the phone its gets heated, this is something which is there in Android Pie 9.0.17 as well. In the early days of the OnePlus 6 series, this was not the issue, but since the last 6 months it is pretty much common. I would recommend charging the phone at night, as the surrounding temperature will surely help to reduce the heat.

Really surprised, but I am having exactly the opposite experience. My battery experience is far better than 10.3.2. In fact, the standby is also top-notch from 1 and a half-year-old battery.

Help me to understand, why this isn't available to everyone. I have got 4.4.5, 4.4.6 and 4.4.7 in 3 days, while my friend is still stuck with 4.4.3.

P.S. I am not a beta tester for a launcher.

Did you try wiping out the phone completely, and gave a shot with a fresh start? If no, please do it as most of your issue will be ironed off for sure.

This is an illusion in AMOLED screen, and that's the sole reason OnePlus/Other OEMs are not going completely dark.

AMOLED Dark activates only those pixels, which are in use. Hence, if you start scrolling the 60hz panel rapidly, you start seeing grey color dancing here and there. That is common.

VoWiFi in Jio seems patchy at my end too. Sometimes it works, and other times not. Routing calls over VoWiFi is also not that stable.

I have disabled VoWiFi as for now, as my home location network works really well, and I don't want to put more strain on my WiFi as of now.

adi1001, Auristic and Archit@123 like this.