OxygenOS 10.3.3 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Miratek
    Honeycomb May 23, 2020 at 4:47 PM

Miratek , via OnePlus 6 , May 23, 2020 at 4:47 PM :
    Many users are reporting system stutters and fps drops. I hope OnePlus fixes this soon – if not, the OxygenOS version 10.3.3 or even 10.3.2 should be canceled.

Furthermore I'm already in contact with the OnePlus support and provided some logs and I will investigate that matter even further. I hope it wasn't OnePlus intention to slow down the 6-series devices.

Update created mess likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020 at 5:06 PM

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , May 23, 2020 at 5:06 PM :
    Don't see why it should be cancelled. I Don't have this fps drop or stutter you speak of, am on 10.3.3 with OnePlus Launcher 4.4.7.

Absolutely flies along, no issues, it shoots along like a wet backside on a greased up floor.

I would suggest it's something to do with the way you have personalised your phone.

If it was the case with the issues you experience, then there would be reports here every minute of every hour of every day for the past month from the millions of 6 series users, but there is Not. Just an odd one here and there.

I would suggest it's time to do a Factory Reset, do not let a backup restore your items to the phone, but manually install them gradually to find out which are the offending apps causing your FPS and stutter issues.

Let us know how that hoes for you 🙂[e]1f44d[/e]

drl431, Trevor.Hawkes and Artemus. like this.
  3. Miratek
    Honeycomb May 23, 2020 at 5:24 PM

Miratek , via OnePlus 6 , May 23, 2020 at 5:24 PM :
    I'm sorry if I wrongly expressed myself but the status of this issue is perhaps far more advanced than you think.
    OnePlus contacted me after I reported the issue. If you read the answers here, indeed a lot of people have that problem on their phone. You're lucky that it doesn't concern you but that doesn't mean it's an exclusive error depending on someone's configuration or personalization.

As on advanced status:
    I tested lots of things already, including factory resetting the phone etc. I work in the IT area and I know a lot about technology.

R1543465200018 likes this.
  4. Miratek
    Honeycomb May 23, 2020 at 5:26 PM

Miratek , via OnePlus 6 , May 23, 2020 at 5:26 PM :
    Cute doggo btw! [e]1f436[/e]

5. X1519486862594
    Donut May 23, 2020 at 5:33 PM

X1519486862594 , via OnePlus 6 , May 23, 2020 at 5:33 PM :
    after updating my OnePlus 6 it is lagging and slowdown ....every app is behaving frame drop even also system apps ,why this is happening???? please fix this problem .. please provide quick update to fix this issue

Miratek and nagarjuna003 like this.
  6. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020 at 5:50 PM

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , May 23, 2020 at 5:50 PM :
    Dog was 3 months then, now 3 years old, still keeping me fit.

I also work in the IT industry, for the last 30 years, so I have seen much that needs to be seen, had been in the Custom ROM community for a few years as well, family life kinda reduces the time on that.

I digress. The reason I suggested personalisation of a phone, is that I have been on here quite a while to spot when a particular issue within a build release raises its head.

Every release I have seen in 18 months on this forum, since I hot the 6T, has one or two issues that are prominent on a minority of phones. The scale being, Millions sold, a few having issues.

On this latest build a I have noticed a few have Heat and Lag issues, more so heat. Also noticed its mostly, but not exclusive to the OnePlus 6.

I have gone through possible suggestions to fix the issue with a few posters, and found in some cases that the suggestions did not work, in many cases it did. The solutions were varied, but many came down to personalisation.

Where the issue absolutely could not be resolved, had to be referred to support, and chances are, but cannot be confirmed, that there is a hardware issue with the phone.

Have seen this with previous phones, where one OS build will work fine, but a new version comes out with a new set of tolerances to read parameters of various hardware, for various features such as charging, battery, main board, WiFi, modems, Bluetooth, graphics etc. And what can happen is that it highlights a possible issue, because the tolerances have been tightened.

But, because there are so many variables involved, it can also be down to personalisation such as apps, settings, people messing with Developer options and even sometimes people rooting the phone and installing sideloaded apps that they haven't a clue what they are doing with.

So when I suggest personalisation and a full factory reset to refresh the OS with no additional apps installed, it's just a logical step to take to see if it's the OOS and or hardware on their own.

Anyway, so many variables, so little time, most logical way is generally the quickest way.

7. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020 at 5:51 PM

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , May 23, 2020 at 5:51 PM :
    Just in case there is an App hogging resources, causing Heat issues, causing lag, Battery drain or freezing, clear your recent apps, also try setting 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 3 to 4 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

Charging, battery, performance, caches and battery calibration myths busted

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-and-battery-calibration-myths-busted.993896/

If its still not improving, backup your phone, full factory reset, Delete All Data, as in wipe your phone completely, and repeat the steps above.

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    Enable Erase Internal Storage.

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/05/14/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

8. ashwinguy
    Gingerbread May 23, 2020 at 6:22 PM

9. Flembot95
    Cupcake May 23, 2020 at 6:38 PM

10. Artemus.
    Nougat May 23, 2020 at 6:44 PM

drl431, Caomhin and Flembot95 like this.
  11. Caomhin
    Lollipop May 23, 2020 at 7:06 PM

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , May 23, 2020 at 7:06 PM :
    For Battery, check post above yours.

For charging, try the following.

Clean the ports on the phone, charger and both ends of the USB cable with a fine dry toothbrush or non conductive wooden toothpick carefully.

12. nagarjuna003
    Gingerbread May 23, 2020 at 9:09 PM

ashwinguy likes this.
  13. nagarjuna003
    Gingerbread May 23, 2020 at 9:11 PM

nagarjuna003 , May 23, 2020 at 9:11 PM :
    I did every time,even though getting heating problem

14. Artemus.
    Nougat May 23, 2020 at 10:12 PM

Artemus. , May 23, 2020 at 10:12 PM :
    CPU-Z.

Caomhin likes this.
  15. Kishan2196
    Cupcake May 24, 2020 at 5:46 AM

Kishan2196 , May 24, 2020 at 5:46 AM :
    i am having a issue post update .
    the issue is i can see a partial imprint of my pubg game setting on my screen when i have something white in the background .. does any one else has the same issue ?

16. Artemus.
    Nougat May 24, 2020 at 5:47 AM

Artemus. , May 24, 2020 at 5:47 AM :
    This is called "burn-in" and is extremely common on AMOLED screens. It can only fixed by replacing the entire display and is not covered by warranty. Next time, don't play so long and at high brightness and this won't happen.

17. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020 at 6:06 AM

D.Sai Suhail Baba , May 24, 2020 at 6:06 AM :
    Don't play too much games on your device sometimes it can burn the whole screen. It will cause a serious issue to components in your phone.

18. Kishan2196
    Cupcake May 24, 2020 at 6:09 AM

Kishan2196 , May 24, 2020 at 6:09 AM :
    but why it that in oneplus devices as much i know me and one of my friend has this issue other brand users with amoled screen doesnt have this issue .. we play the same time duration and some times they play more still there devices do not have this issues

19. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020 at 6:20 AM

D.Sai Suhail Baba , May 24, 2020 at 6:20 AM :
    It varies on chipset, brightness used during playing games. All OnePlus devices has Qualcomm 800 series chipset. But other devices use 700 series or helio G series or Exynos (Indian variant). Premium chipset 800 series can cause serious problems if you overuse it. And also depends on device hardware and software. Don't cross limits of gaming. It causes serious damage to AMOLED screen in case screen is in fire it will burn your device components. There are lots of gaming phones in market. They provide cooling fan. The devices in market are capable of gaming but there are not gaming phones. AMOLED screen prices may vary in region. Don't over play and Don't damage your flagship phone.

Kishan2196 likes this.
  20. Ashwinkumar989
    Honeycomb May 24, 2020 at 6:58 AM