OxygenOS 10.3.3 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. rockpizzulo
    Eclair Apr 27, 2020

rockpizzulo , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 27, 2020 :
    I'm running Beta too, from where did you update your phone? Did it erase your data?

2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 27, 2020 :
    Do a full Erase/Delete Data button, factory reset. This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings, System, Reset Options, Erase All Data, click on the Delete All Data button,

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

Auristic likes this.
  3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 27, 2020

Stickied Post
    B_Wrath , Apr 27, 2020 :
    ANSWERS TO THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: I'm using Open Beta 6 (Beta 35) currently. Will I get this update OTA?
    A: No. You will not. You have to manually move to stable build by using local upgrade.

Q: I'm using 10.3.2 currently. Will I get this update OTA?
    A: Yes. Just wait for it to show up in your system update page.

Q: How can I move manually from Open Beta to Stable build?
    A:
    Option 1 (Recommended): Use the rollback package below and move to 10.3.2.
    This will wipe all your data. So back it up. Then you can get the incremental OTA update to 10.3.3.
    Option 2: Download the full package of 10.3.3 and use local upgrade as mentioned in Option 1.
    Before the installation, it will show it will wipe the data, but it won't!
    Anyways, recommended to backup the data no matter what!
    Q: I am not able to access the storage, Google play crashes, gallery is empty.
    A: This happens when you move from Beta 6 to stable 10.3.3 directly without using the rollback.
    Delete the data and cache of downloads app and download manager. This should fix the problem.
    Thanks to @NodePoint for finding the solution.

I can't understand for the love of God, why few so called "competent beta testers" can't even access few apps!
    Q: How to access the downloads and download manager app?
    A:
    Step 1: Unlock your phone.
    Step 2: Open app drawer and locate settings app / bring down the QS panel and click on the gear icon.
    Step 3: Click on the search tab on top of the settings app.
    Step 4: Type "downloads" and then click on the app. Clear it's cache and storage which is under the storage tab.
    Step 5: Type "download manager" and then click on the app. Clear it's cache and storage which is under the storage tab.
    And as usual, it is a STAGED ROLLOUT! Wait for it to show up.

And please stop posting screenshots of the update as it spams the thread stopping the discussions about bugs and fixes!

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2020

4. Garzino
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2020

Garzino , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 27, 2020 :

rockpizzulo

I'm running Beta too, from where did you update your phone? Did it erase your data?​

oxygen updater, no they can't erase data but if I were you I will stay in beta because there are nothing of "stable" in 10.3.3

5. Henkan
    Froyo Apr 27, 2020

Kuronosu and Caoimhín like this.
  6. Caomhin

Have mentioned it already a few posts up, yes OB6 can be installed with Full install of 10.3.3 without Data loss, have just done it myself. Select confirm when it says reset the phone. It doesn't reset it.

As good practice it is always best to backup your phone when installing a major upgrade.

Jimbo the Great and Auristic like this.
  7. DrDiptanjan
    Eclair Apr 27, 2020

DrDiptanjan , Apr 27, 2020 :
    I think..as this is a staged update,the OTA appears in certain servers at a point of time....I somehow managed to intercepted at the right time point..so I got that uodate over OTA using Hong Kong vpn..u can try other cities also...

Anyhow,even if that doesnot work,u will get it within few days..or u can downlaod using oxygen updater..

themountaineagle likes this.
  8. rockpizzulo
    Eclair Apr 27, 2020

rockpizzulo , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 27, 2020 :

Garzino

oxygen updater, no they can't erase data but if I were you I will stay in beta because there are nothing of "stable"​

Sincerely I don't know, because I never had problems with wifi or random crash like you, both with the beta and with the stable version

Kuronosu likes this.
  9. themountaineagle
    Froyo Apr 27, 2020

themountaineagle , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 27, 2020 :
    np..

10. Caomhin

As with all major upgrades, you need to go through 3 or 4 charge cycles to allow Android to settle after installation.

rajivkapoor2011 likes this.
  11. Garzino
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2020

ok, so let update!

rockpizzulo likes this.
  12. Garzino
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2020

no because it has the same problems from 10.3.1.... I have made a lot of battery cycle from that. Caomin there are problems stop don't try to find solution that doesn't exist 🙂

13. Caomhin

You said you had problems, I gave you a suggestion to see if it would improve your situation.

It's entirely up to you what you do with that suggestion.

If you don't want to go with that, contact OnePlus support directly.

Scroll down the page for contact/chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

Artemus. likes this.
  14. Archit@123
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2020

Archit@123 , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 27, 2020 :
    I am getting same handling theme when install apps what's is thing ?

15. brmbjn
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2020

brmbjn , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 27, 2020 :
    by local update. no wipe anything ?

16. bjrg
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2020

bjrg , Apr 27, 2020 :
    To all the COD fanatics out there....

I played the game for 45 mins continuously after updating to 10.3.3 and there was no black screen/glitching. I think it has been finally fixed but now there is another unusual bug...

We couldn't change the volume control while we are in the game. When tried to, it switches over to call volume rather than media volume. It a minor bug TBH but I will take this bug over screen glitching/freezing any effin day.

ronaksworld likes this.
  17. G_Nikhil_Sharma_lKgr
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2020

18. Caomhin

You can minimise the app notifications, and possibly silence any sound it makes.

Go to Settings>Apps and notifications>All x apps>3 dot menu>Show system apps>Android System>Notifications|>FG OPThemes...

Select Other less important without sound and Vibration.

Should reduce intrusions.

ronaksworld and Artemus. like this.
  19. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 27, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 27, 2020 :
    There are multiple screenshots posted on this thread. Scroll through and find out.

20. Auristic
    Lollipop Apr 27, 2020

Auristic , Apr 27, 2020 :
    @Caomhin is trying to find a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist: do you get the difference!?

For me this is a user-side usage problem due to crap apps bloating the system, that's all.

ronaksworld, ironass and Caoimhín like this.