OxygenOS 10.3.3 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Tejas Tharu
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

Tejas Tharu , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Sorry, I couldn't agree at all. I like the way how beautifully Apple's iOS & Google's Stock Android Roll-out works. Global roll-out in a single day at a single time, Period.

Panos1988 likes this.
  2. atharmansoor
    Eclair Apr 30, 2020

atharmansoor , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Stupid question.. But any reason why the changelog doesn't get updated when using local upgrade? Just my OCD kicking in..

3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 30, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Wrong. Global rollout for Google stock devices are within 2 weeks of announcement.
    You can check it in the Google update policy.

iOS is a completely different thing.

Auristic and Caomhin like this.
  4. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Apr 30, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 30, 2020 :

Tejas Tharu

Sorry, I couldn't agree at all. I like the way how beautifully Apple's iOS & Google's Stock Android Roll-out works. Global roll-out in a single day at a single time, Period.​

And as has happened in the past when an update is causing issues, it affects everyone instead of a small group. Apple have screwed that up many times.

So better to stage it and see that the update works correctly for the few, rather than fail for the many. It's simple really, and good work practice.

Auristic and B_Wrath like this.
  5. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Apr 30, 2020

Because the necessary file is only included with OTA direct from OnePlus, the zip file does not contain this info, its a seperate info file.

Auristic likes this.
  6. atharmansoor
    Eclair Apr 30, 2020

atharmansoor , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Ok.. Can it be like updated later? post the local upgrade.

7. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Apr 30, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Android 10 arrived on my Pixel 2XL 6 days after release. So no, that is not true at all

Caomhin and Auristic like this.
  8. Tejas Tharu
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

First, I believe no one in your family or friends uses Pixel. Or else, you might not have made such statements. My brother uses Pixel, gets updated at the same time when Global roll-out happens. Nexus used to be a little late, but with Pixel, they are on-time.

And second, why iOS is a different thing? I am quoting you only "All the companies follow staged rollout." All the companies include Apple as well. Compare with best in industry, not with the worst!

Caomhin - my friend. That is called Edge cases. Happens to every company, be it Apple, Google, or OnePlus. And that can happen in stable builds too. And in case, such kind of disaster in stable, TAT for fixing and rolling out again by Apple & Google is far better than OnePlus!

I agree Apple has screwed up in the past. But the way, they address any of the issues, the speed of fixing and rolling out patches is on different leagues.

Caomhin likes this.
  9. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Apr 30, 2020

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/01/01/google-pixel-december-update-slow-rollout/?amp

I'll just leave this here and again point you towards my previous post 🤷‍♂️

Auristic, Caomhin and Tejas Tharu like this.
  10. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 30, 2020

B_Wrath , Apr 30, 2020 :
    I have a pixel 2. And it has had it delays. So your thinking that I don't own a pixel is wrong.
    And pixels might get the rollout faster, but Google themselves have an official statement where they claim it will take 2 weeks. Please read their update policy.
    That was a mistake. I should have mentioned android companies. But again, you cannot compare apples to oranges. The iOS platform is different.

Auristic, Caomhin and Tejas Tharu like this.
  11. Feroz_Mohammed
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

Feroz_Mohammed , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Don't know what's the bugs.

12. Feroz_Mohammed
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

Atleast, I can test if it's a bug with the rollback file or any other

Caomhin likes this.
  13. Feroz_Mohammed
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

I have my backup data but not able to restore accordingly. Need to rollback an test it myself.

Oneplus suman and Caomhin like this.
  14. Tejas Tharu
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

As I have mentioned in an earlier post, an Edge case.

I appreciate your response.

Caomhin likes this.
  15. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Apr 30, 2020

No, it installs that file at the time the OTA install happens.

Auristic likes this.
  16. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Apr 30, 2020

Well there are 2 people here that can refute your claim, as well as plenty of articles online. Not to mention Google's own update policy!!!

Yet because you know someone who has had day one updates, that (using your logic) means that is the case for all pixel users 🙄

Auristic, B_Wrath and Caomhin like this.
  17. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Apr 30, 2020

Apple can never be compared to OnePlus, simple reason. Apple design both the hardware and their software to suit so it's an all in one.

Oneplus rely on Google to update Android, OnePlus must integrate their own apps and coding to that later, they will test it, but in a wider audience, as in customers, better to stage the rollout to ensure compatibility, ans the Android open code environment is not controlled, like Apple control their own enclosed environment.

Chalk and cheese.

18. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Apr 30, 2020

ROLL-BACK FROM CURRENT ANDROID 10 Beta or Stable TO EARLIER STOCK ANDROID 9 OR 10

Thanks to @ironass for putting this together.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/roll-back-to-stock-android-9-or-10.1215079/

All Downgrades to earlier builds involve wiping the phone.

So you will need to backup your phone data.

If you can, you could try a Full Factory Reset to fix the issue. Steps below to Factory Reset the phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    Enable Erase Internal Storage.

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

Your phone will now restart and go through the Full reset cycle.

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

And its always good practice to backup phone data before upgrading.

Auristic and ironass like this.
  19. Tejas Tharu
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

Plenty of articles, eh! I have mentioned very clearly that, there are some edge cases when Google's updates get delayed "sometimes" and NOT ALL. Most of the time, they reach on-time and they do not define any stage-wise rollout. And yeah, not only my brother but many of my friends gets updated on the same day.

Enough, Don't want to bang my head with OnePlus fanbois!

Hey, wait, you are going on a different trajectory altogether. We are talking about the staged roll-out and not the typical Android distribution channel across all manufacturers.

Point closed.

Caomhin likes this.
  20. vivekdugar25
    Donut Apr 30, 2020