OxygenOS 10.3.5 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. aakashmaji16
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2020

aakashmaji16 , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 26, 2020 :
    Oneplus has clearly mention well before that the security updates are bi-monthly meaning they will arrive for Oneplus 6 series in alternative month fashion as it has been for the almost past 2 years.

2. ItsRavi25
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 27, 2020

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 27, 2020 :
    As you mentioned about the security patch, I just gave you an simple advice that if you do not want to wait, you can use custom rom ( its depends on your choice) as many Oneplus users in community are using custom rom because they find some good features/ fast security patch in that as compare to stock.
    And what you have written about Software Excitement and Android 11, I didn't say anything related to that, I just told that the company is working on Android 11, so there may be some delay in coming next security patch.
    There is no other company that gives such updates to its 2 year old device and the company's which provides updates I know the condition of their devices, I have tested many devices.
    Please read the forum i mentioned in the earlier post or you can also get your answer from post by @rhyd1am and @aakashmaji16 .😇

3. Shshank Vishwa
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2020

Shshank Vishwa , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 27, 2020 :
    My point was if I want a secured phone, i should go to custom ROM. It's not secured, and that is why many bank apps dont support those phones too..

Anyways, my post have taken to a whole different meaning. I'll leave this to to mods and admins now.

Thanks for the response [e]1f44d[/e]

4. Shshank Vishwa
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2020

Shshank Vishwa , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 27, 2020 :
    I know. And that's what the point is. Why a basic security update is provided once in two months. We are not there slaves or they are our govt. We can at least ask them this. That's why there's community.

I've been here ever since they first launched opo in US and we tried to get them here. I've seen them change. If you are a small company with limited workforce and cannot provide support, then don't launch 5 phones in a year.
    See the first interview of carl pei in 2014 and you'll see on what beliefs he made this company and now.

@araj likes this.
  5. aakashmaji16
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2020

aakashmaji16 , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 27, 2020 :
    For just security updates you are stretching this topic so much makes me kinda believe that you have so sensitive data in your phone that you need security patches every month. I am afraid, you raising your voice and fighting for getting the security updates might fail you. I suggest you to buy a different phone maybe Samsung who would provide you month security updates.

Other than that, its a 2 year old phone, its obvious that this phone is sidelines and EOD will be next year November. Peace.

Auristic and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.
  6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Well... Samsung kind of does themself a bad favor though.
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/googl...nux-kernel-code-its-hurting-android-security/
    So the monthly security debate may not be that very certain or easy. Even the selection of brand matters based on how they treat the kernel.

Auristic and Caomhin like this.
  7. viva_la_tko
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2020

8. U1539594062961
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

9. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Try to Optimize the phone, this helps with Lag, Heat, Battery Drain and much more.

Clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life
    https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

Guide to lower Battery Drain.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/guide-lower-battery-drain.1260498/

10. D.Sai Suhail Baba

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Please check your Google Chrome and Google Play Store version. Bcz lots of users reported that updated version of Play Store and Chrome are draining huge amount of battery.
    Check the versions. If Play Store is on version 22 then uninstall the updates same applies for chrome stay on version 84.

Auristic and Caomhin like this.
  11. T1542104461607
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

12. sawantnr
    Donut Sep 27, 2020

13. T1548088903594
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

14. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Have you checked the battery stats? You might find an explanation if you look there.
    Right now there is a known issue with Play Store. If you uninstall the recent updates of it it will stop consuming extra battery, atleast until it will auto update again. By that time Google hopefully have fixed the problem.

Auristic likes this.
  15. T1548088903594
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

16. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Clear the Camera App info Cache and App info Storage as well, see if that helps.

Auristic and ItsRavi25 like this.
  17. G_Amit_Tiwari_zcOu
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2020

18. ironass
    Lollipop Sep 27, 2020

ironass , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Yes

19. G_Amit_Tiwari_zcOu
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2020

20. D.Sai Suhail Baba

Caomhin likes this.