OxygenOS 10.3.5 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Ajayjoelabraham
    Froyo Aug 9, 2020

2. zayn_ys
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 9, 2020

3. Ajayjoelabraham
    Froyo Aug 9, 2020

Ajayjoelabraham , Aug 9, 2020 :
    in the last 2 updates did you face the issue?

zayn_ys likes this.
  4. zayn_ys

5. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 9, 2020

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Personally don't have any 5Ghz Wi-Fi issue. There is no 5G on OP 6 series phones.

Check this for WiFi issues.

Reset your WiFi adapter, see if that helps.

Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth.

Also disable Sleep Standby in
    Settings > Battery>Battery Optimisation >3 dot menu>Advanced Optimisation

See if that helps as well.

If your router is capable of 2.4ghz and 5ghz make sure the SSID Name for each is different, you can edit the SSID Name on the Router Admin page.

Also check your router broadcast channels for interference, change them to other channels if you find a nearby router broadcasting on the same channel as yours.

Use a WiFi analyzer to check.

I use this one from the Playstore to check for nearby routers using the same channel as me, and I switch my channel on the router to suit.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer

Also a suggestion here for 8 Series but some of the suggestions may crossover to 6 series and others.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/my-findings-of-the-5-ghz-wifi-connection-issue.1221263/

6. J1555324842396
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

J1555324842396 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    After this update my battery sucks... Battery drains very quickly.. Previous version was ok i have a standby time of around 23 yo 27 hrs.. Now only 5hrs...

7. Caoimhín

Do a Full Factory Reset

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    Enable Erase Internal Storage.

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

Once done, use the phone for a couple of days without adding apps to check for issues with just the raw fresh OOS only.

Only introduce previous 3rd party apps gradually over 2 weeks to see if any particular app or apps drain the battery

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/18/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

[e]2b07[/e]️[e]2b07[/e]️[e]2b07[/e]️[e]2b07[/e]️NEXT[e]2b07[/e]️[e]2b07[/e]️[e]2b07[/e]️[e]2b07[/e]️

Try to Optimize the phone, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

OP6T Battery and Heating Thread

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/unified-op6t-battery-and-heating-thread.952987/

8. Sahil_lihas , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Oh really?? I have to take permission ?? To whom you ??
    Have u read the community guide lines ?? There is written clearly that be HELPFUL.

9. H1541428974782
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

10. Caoimhín

You have a 7 series phone, as you state, this is 6 series thread. You need to check in 7 series threads about your issue, as your phone has a different variant of OOS with different features, and also different hardware.

drl431, kjjm, ironass and 3 others like this.
  11. Caoimhín

It's a known Google Chrome issue presently, revert to an older version, or update the version you have.

READ HERE WHY!!

Chrome 84 hangs and crashes for some, especially when they close incognito tabs
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/...me-especially-when-they-close-incognito-tabs/

You could also try the following.

Clear Chrome App info Cache.

Also open Chrome, go to Settings>Site Settings>Storage click on Clear Site Storage.

Also clear browsing history in Chrome Settings>Privacy>Clear Browsing Data. Select All Time for the Time Range, then Clear Data.

See if that helps.

12. D1596951188988
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

D1596951188988 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    After the update cannot connect to my wifi network.. Tried forget network n all still not working

13. Sahil_lihas , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue , Aug 9, 2020 :
    I cannot understand u leave it. Understanding u means beating own head on wall.

14. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2020

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 9, 2020 :
    1596952396367.jpg

drl431, Auristic and Caoimhín like this.
  15. H1541428974782
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

H1541428974782 , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    I read a former post of you, i did everything you wrote and nothing came up. Chrome is updated and there is no newer version on play store. I haven't tested the older version scenario. Nevertheless thanks a lot

Caoimhín likes this.
  16. zayn_ys

zayn_ys , via OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Do you even know the difference between different phones, different hardware and software?
    If you really do then you wouldn't have wasted your time and mine too.
    Your ego will not gonna serve you good here.
    You need to understand the FACT, don't smash your head on a wall dude.
    Relax!

17. Navalture
    Eclair Aug 9, 2020

18. zayn_ys

zayn_ys , via OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Have it your way! LoL
    We do face such people a lot everyday, such a pity.
    Better we should ignore such noobs who aren't willing to understand. Sed.

19. Sahil_lihas , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue , Aug 9, 2020 :

zayn_ys

Have it your way! LoL
    We do face such people a lot everyday, such a pity.
    Better we should ignore such noobs who aren't willing to understand. Sed.​

Thank You Pro, atleast u r best in something.

20. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2020

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Goto settings > System > Reset option >Reset wifi, mobile network, hotspot > Reboot your device 😇