OxygenOS 10.3.5 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 9, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Go into Chrome App info, click the 3 dot menu and uninstall updates it will revert you to an older version of Chrome.

You can try Version 81 or 83 from ApkMirror below. See if that helps in any way.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/chrome/

Auristic and ItsRavi25 like this.
  2. Caomhin

Also disable Sleep Standby in
    Settings > Battery>Battery Optimisation >3 dot menu>Advanced Optimisation

See if that helps as well.

If your router is capable of 2.4ghz and 5ghz make sure the SSID Name for each is different, you can edit the SSID Name on the Router Admin page.

Also check your router broadcast channels for interference, change them to other channels if you find a nearby router broadcasting on the same channel as yours.

Use a WiFi analyzer to check.

I use this one from the Playstore to check for nearby routers using the same channel as me, and I switch my channel on the router to suit.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer

Also a suggestion here for 8 Series but some of the suggestions may crossover to 6 series and others.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/my-findings-of-the-5-ghz-wifi-connection-issue.1221263/

3. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2020

Auristic and Caoimhín like this.
  4. H1541428974782
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

H1541428974782 , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    I can't understand why i hadn't thought about it. Thanks a lot
    Ps i uninstalled them from play store. I pressed "delete" and it just deleted the updates. Now i am on 81

Caoimhín likes this.
  5. Caomhin

Is 81 working OK.

You might also have to turn off Playstore Auto updates, otherwise you will end up back on the version not working

6. adikant1
    Eclair Aug 9, 2020

adikant1 , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 9, 2020 :
    After the latest update, i am facing the following issues: (1) battery performance has gone down drastically & (2) the fingerprint scanner takes a very very long time to recognise my fingerprint and on at least 60% times it doesn't recognise at all.

7. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2020

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 9, 2020 :
    The new update is the most stable update of Android 10.
    For battery draining issue try this.
    You can calibrate to enhance your battery life
    For battery draining you should follow this to calibrate..

Goto settings >App and notifications>Click on three dot in right corner>Reset app preference.

To Optimize the phone, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/
    Thanks to @Caomhin 😇...

And for Fingerprint issue.
    Remove all the fingerprint and reinstall the new fingerprint.

adikant1, Auristic and Caoimhín like this.
  8. Madhur89
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

9. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator Aug 9, 2020

Cervantes , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Hi
    I have cleaned the thread off topic

Please, do not create discussion,
    you should be nice

https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms
    Best regards, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

10. zayn_ys
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 9, 2020

11. D1596951188988
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

D1596951188988 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Thanks

Caoimhín likes this.
  12. H1575034669071
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

H1575034669071 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Hi!

After update have problem with graphical key for unlock phone. Same for bootloader. Don't want hard to hard reset my phone...

I apologize if it has asked before

13. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2020

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Just change options from Intelligent control to Optimise for less using apps. And for regular using apps you can have system default option Intelligent control. It helped me a lot. SOT of 10+ hour's and charging my device once in a day.Mostly I changed all apps to optimise except apps like YouTube, WhatsApp , Gmail as these are used daily they're under intelligent control option. I hope my suggestion will help you.

14. Caomhin

Remove all Screen Locks, Pin, Fingerprint and Facelocks etc

Also remove all Smart Locks as well.

Restart the phone, then try the Bootloader with no locks enabled.

After you have finished with the Bootloader. Start up the phone and setup the Screen locks as you want them again.

Auristic, zayn_ys and ItsRavi25 like this.
  15. adi1001 , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Should we charge the device overnight keeping turned on or off ?

16. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2020

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Aug 9, 2020 :
    How to check if your device has already received Nearby Sharing or not.

The easiest and universal way to find Nearby Share is to head to your phone's Settings menu, scroll down to Google, tap on Device connections, and here you should see Nearby Share. If it's not there, you most likely do not have the feature yet. The other way to find it is through Settings > Connected devices > Connection preferences > Nearby Share

Caoimhín likes this.
  17. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2020

Caoimhín likes this.
  18. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2020

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 9, 2020 :
    It's not necessary to keep the device charging whole night, just keep 30-45 min after 100 % it will calibration automatically.

19. Caomhin

Differing opinions on this, personally I leave on charge all night, get great battery life. But have most 3rd party apps on optimised to achieve this.

However others will state to not charge beyond 80%, but this is really not something I will do.

If you leave it on charge, the phone will stop charging once it gets to 100%, so it basically stops the charger from charging. Unless it drops off slightly during the nigh, in which case it will top up the battery, so you wake up with a phone at 100%.

But that's my preference. Has never caused me problems. Have done it with all the phones I have had over the years. But like I said, you will get a hundred different opinions on this.

20. H1575034669071
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

H1575034669071 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    I can't access setting because phone don't start without graphical password. Entering the password fails at the stage of loading the phone