OxygenOS 10.3.6 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. durat
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

V1537591019064 likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Backup your WhatsApp Chats first.

Uninstall the version you are using. And then install a different Stable version from the link below. Do NOT use a Beta version. Stable only.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/whatsapp-inc/

See if that helps.

ItsRavi25 likes this.
  3. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    3 posts up, try the optimize option in the 2nd half of the post.

ItsRavi25 likes this.
  4. N1543267098402 , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Oct 28, 2020 :
    You forgot to add that OnePlus blocked third party screen recording to push your own. I wouldn't have suspected it was in favor of your own if I hadn't suspected that the update you again forced on us would include yet another unjustified restriction imposed by you. But I actually NEED the features in my preferred software for my business. Sure, you could've broken it by accident, but I'm confident you blocked it because of what you did with RCS in Google's Messages app.

Seizing control of our post-purchase devices is wrong on so many levels. Every update, you either break something or sneakily restrict something without telling us how you're altering our devices. There's no telling what other underhanded things may be going on with these changes, and the practice has destroyed my trust in the brand.

This is totally bogus. I'm NEVER buying another OnePlus device in my life. I'm going to be informing decision makers about this behavior.

5. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2020

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Oct 28, 2020 :
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...022131100-916b031-android-apk-download/#notes

Update your OnePlus account app from this link.

APK Notes:
    Latest Version of OnePlus Account is here with newly added features( v2.7.4)!!
    Change logs:
    Add a new page called customization in OnePlus Account.
    Add Radar Chart that will diaply the duration for you gaming、music、call an so on, in the customization page,
    Add One Story that show how many times you unlock your device、 how many cities you travelled and how many steps you walk and so on.

However, this new feature needs few access permission, in order to display the intended results.

Steps:
    1. Install the apk
    2. Goto "Setting” -> “Accounts”-> “OnePlus Account”-> “customization”, gib the necessary access.

6. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 28, 2020

ironass , Oct 28, 2020 :
    Strange then that Google's RCS Messaging app has worked perfectly for myself for the last 16 months, here in the U.K and in most countries of the world. The one country that does seem to be experiencing problems with Google's RCS messaging is the very one that for so long refused to co-operate on RCS and forced Google to bypass them... the big 4 carriers of the USA who are rapidly trying to put together their own ersatz version that they can control and monetize. Are you by any chance on a U.S. carrier?

See, also... RCS messaging available now!

Caomhin, Auristic, kjjm and 3 others like this.
  7. Tee_Eee_Bee

Tee_Eee_Bee , Oct 28, 2020 :
    They might just be ....

N1543267098402 , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile

Caomhin, Auristic, drl431 and 2 others like this.
  8. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 28, 2020

ironass , Oct 28, 2020 :
    I rest my case! :D

Yet another U.S. user getting screwed by their carrier.

Cheers @Tee_Eee_Bee I missed that at 02.00hrs here in the U.K.

9. OnePlusSQRT36
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2020

dashxdot and iamrj like this.
  10. ItsRavi25

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 28, 2020 :
    You can calibrate to enhance your battery life
    For battery draining you should follow this to calibrate..

Goto settings >App and notifications>Click on three dot in right corner>Reset app preference.

To Optimize the phone, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/
    Thanks to @Caomhin 😇...

OnePlusSQRT36, Caomhin and drl431 like this.
  11. rohitsharma_j22
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2020

rohitsharma_j22 , Oct 28, 2020 :
    After charging fully to 100%, battery automatically reaching to 90% in just 30 mins, even phone is on standby. There are no abnormal stats in battery usage or anything else.
    I have already optimized 3rd party apps. Done full night charging for 5 times after update. Still same. My battery health showing 86% in OP diagnostic app.
    I am really surprised how people getting 12 hrs+ SOT on OP6. Either they dont have any third party apps on there phone and they are using this just for calls. Its really unbelievable. Do they have some magic trick or what?

iamrj likes this.

12. D.Sai Suhail Baba

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Oct 28, 2020 :
    Remove all smart lock and trusted devices. Restart your device and add again.

Caomhin likes this.
  13. krezzy
    Donut Oct 28, 2020

14. Z1577160284625
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2020

Z1577160284625 , Oct 28, 2020 :
    did so, tried an alternative version of Whatsapp but didn help.... [e]1f613[/e]

15. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 28, 2020 :
    I don't get the issues you are experiencing. So I would suggest contacting OnePlus.

Report the issue directly to OnePlus Developers as a Bug report.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...uct-suggestions-on-oneplus-community.1002970/

And also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

ItsRavi25, drl431 and Auristic like this.
  16. nagarjuna003
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2020

nagarjuna003 , Oct 28, 2020 :
    this one also updated one of the one plus update.but no one given any resolution

17. N1543267098402 , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Oct 28, 2020 :
    It's not strange at all lol The US is in a TW with China and OnePlus is a Chinese brand. Petty stuff like this isn't uncommon. I'm a T-Mobile customer for 10 years now. T-Mobile stated directly that the manufacturer blocked RCS for me. They wouldn't have said this if it wasn't at least somewhat true because this information would get around and they could be sued over it. They have too much to lose by making a false accusations like that. I told them I would inform the manufacturer of their answer to get the issue resolved. They told me that anyway.
    View attachment 1265637

18. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 28, 2020 :
    I still find it hard to believe that they would block a carrier from RCS.

However have you tried to contact OnePlus directly on it. Links to Developer reporting and OnePlus support about 2 posts up