OxygenOS 10.3.8 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 3, 2021

2. linioudakis
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2021

3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 3, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Turn on or off DC Dimming and RAM Boost as well see if they make a difference 👍

4. Auristic
    Lollipop Mar 3, 2021

Auristic , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Slomo isn't for inside use under neon lights: shoot outside with natural light.

5. JosephElsave
    Gingerbread Mar 3, 2021

6. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 4, 2021

Tee_Eee_Bee , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Not Beta - Developer Preview -
    "For developers, the focus during the Developer Preview is on API feedback and app compatibility. App compatibility means making sure the current version of your app looks right and runs well on the new platform.

The Developer Preview builds provide an early test and development environment you can use to try new APIs, identify compatibility issues in your app, and plan migration or feature work needed to target the new platform."

Beta not released until May according to https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12/overview?hl=ja

Bobbie63, Caoimhín, dashxdot and 5 others like this.
  7. Savraj Vejani
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2021

8. AbhilashOP6
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2021

AbhilashOP6 , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Hi all, i seem to be facing lot of heat in the phone since the last two updates. It is getting very warm when playing cod mobile or browsing on chrome.. also there is lag while playing cod mobile when the phone is hot.. never it used to happen earlier. is OnePlus trying to throttle the performance for older devices ? all other apps it's fine.

9. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 4, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Try to Optimize the phone, this helps with Lag, Freezing, Heat, Battery Drain and much more.

Clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 & A 11 have their own learning curve.

After a couple of days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life
    https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

Guide to lower Battery Drain.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/guide-lower-battery-drain.1260498/

10. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Mar 4, 2021

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Instead of doing some other things, I advise you to do backup and reset your device, one another user also faced the some issue with the call but after resetting his problem solved.

rhyd1am, Caoimhín and Auristic like this.
  11. Zyrconized
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2021

Zyrconized , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 4, 2021 :
    After this update, i got an issue with my mobile data... occasionally showing an exclamation mark and then stopped transferring any data.. it happens on both SIMs.. this is annoying, is this related to this update? Or is it related to private dns? Cause i use google's one.one.one.one

12. Caomhin

1.1.1.1 DNS is not Google its Cloudflare app. Google DNS use 8.8.8.8.
    But that shouldn't make a whole lot of difference unless there are issues with the DNS servers. This would be outside OnePlus control and you would have to check with the App developer.
    Also check your signal with your Mobile Network operator.
    You could also reset your Network Adapters.
    Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth.
    However your Mobile Signal quality and DNS reliability will have an impact as well.

drl431 and ItsRavi25 like this.
  13. javad78
    Froyo Mar 4, 2021

javad78 , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Oneplus 6 is already One of the good device in market . I don't know why oneplus company stop to sharing the new features for it . In my country i paid 1000 dollar's in 2018 to buy oneplus 6 . just because i like this company but in this time they forgetting us

14. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 4, 2021 :
    You've kind of answered your own question really. You bought the device in early 2018 🤷‍♂️

15. Caomhin

OnePlus 6 series is now an Old phone in the scheme of Mobile devices. Up on 3 years. Even though it does everything as well if not better and as fast now as the day it was released.

However its not forgotten, you will get A11 within the next 2 to 3 months, with a tonne of new features that they can make capable and available for an old 845 SOC then it's EOL.

You will be able to use Custom Roms from there on into the future. The only issue that may hold you back is Battery Health. And even then it would have to get to about 50% to consider changing out the battery, then it be like a new phone again, albeit with an older OOS or maybe A12, A13 or A14 Custom Rom. 😎👍

16. Ahsan Asif
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2021

Ahsan Asif , Mar 4, 2021 :
    idk why but i still haven't received the new oxygen os update please help me out.

17. kim_64kg
    Gingerbread Mar 4, 2021

kim_64kg , Mar 4, 2021 :
    [e]1f44d[/e]

Caoimhín likes this.
  18. Caomhin

ItsRavi25, Auristic, drl431 and 3 others like this.
  19. Ahsan Asif
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2021

20. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Have you updated to the latest build using local upgrade?

If you've installed the update via the local upgrade option, then that is perfectly normal. You only have the change log when updating via OTA.