OxygenOS 10.3.8 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. ironass
    Lollipop Mar 17, 2021

ironass , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Good shout @D.Sai Suhail Baba!

Here is a link to the full article...

https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-hydrogenos-switching-oppo-coloros-china/

If it does turn out to be true... and I have no reason to think it will not, it will mean a move away from the stock Google Android OS and more integration with OPPO's ColorOS. This will undoubtedly save OnePlus a lot of money and help keep device prices down. However, they are at pains to point out that this affects only the Chinese, HydrogenOS models. They may not wish to go down this road with OxygenOS as it may alienate too many users who choose OnePlus because of its stock Android feel.

iamrj, Auristic, drl431 and 4 others like this.
  2. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 17, 2021

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Not to mention the China aspect of the OS. It may not sit well with the Global and specifically Indian marketing. Better to be seen as divergent to what is solely a Chinese H2OS/ColorOS.

Auristic, ItsRavi25, drl431 and 3 others like this.
  3. rhyd1am
    KitKat Mar 17, 2021

rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 17, 2021 :
    As much as I like OOS and I have to admit I didn't think I'd like ColorOS at all when upgrading my phone. I actually prefer it in some respects after using it for a few months now.

It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, and isn't actually too different in many ways to OOS when using it. Very similar in a lot of ways in fact. May even be very beneficial if they were to merge. They'd have a lot more resources and finances available.

Although as you rightly say @Caomhin I doubt it would go down too well in many regions, especially India!

Wait and see I guess, but I can't see it happening (at least anytime soon). Advantages and disadvantages of both OS's

4. GauravaRai
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2021

GauravaRai , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Is there anyone using otg drive on oneplus 6/6t?
    Please let me know if it is working properly without otg's own software support.
    I use 64gb sandisk otg which was working properly with oos's otg system but from last 6-8 months OnePlus has completely ruined it. Now It doesn't connect with SanDisk's own software support.

Caoimhín likes this.
  5. Caoimhín

I know you may have mentioned it, but which Oppo model do you have and which Android version Color OS?

Is there much, if any bloatware and do you find it as easy to navigate settings as OOS, by which I mean, I am so familiar with OOS settings now would ColorOS be much different. Pure curiosity 👍👍

Also do you find it a fluid OS on the SOC/Ram/Main board within the phone.?

6. Caoimhín

Have you backed up the USB disk and the reformatted using default settings, I do that from time to time with an ADATA USB disk I have, but that's because I do a lot of Win 10 installs on various laptops/PCs. Pro/Home etc. All my disk are ADATA models 64 and 32 and all work fine OTG on the OnePlus, am using the OnePlus supplied OTG connector.
    Forgot to mention for clarity, the ADATA USB sticks are USB 3 and yes I am aware that 6 series is USB 2.
    Only used a SanDisk USB a couple of times, always found them slow, and that's on any device. PC, Laptop, Phone etc

Auristic and ItsRavi25 like this.
  7. GauravaRai
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2021

GauravaRai , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Yes SanDisk's slow like hell at many times.
    I formatted with its default settings on pc. In that case it doesn't work/only work with SanDisk's memory zone software.
    Whenever I try to format it with oneplus's own otg function, it fcs abruptly.

8. rhyd1am
    KitKat Mar 17, 2021

rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Using Find X2 Pro, on Android 11 and ColorOS 11.

Nothing in terms of bloatware. Nothing more than OOS really. There's a phone manager app (I don't use it so you could say that's bloatware), there's the phone clone app (same as OP Switch basically), and there a compass app. Other than that nothing. Although I did find it strange at first that it came with 2 calculator apps and 2 clock apps (one OPPO version and the Google versions) but that was not a problem.

Obviously there differences with using the OS, but nothing that is so different that it's hard to use. Settings are arranged differently, but are easy enough to find and are pretty much the same options as OOS under a different name in many cases.

In all honesty it's hard to do a fair comparison between the 2 in one sense, because it has 512GB memory and 12GB RAM compared with the 128GB/6GB that my 6t has. It is noticeably snappier than my 6T but only when both are side by side. Very fluid to use, although maybe a slight but more aggressive with killing apps, but that's easy enough to solve by choosing not to optimise those apps you need.

Overall a very similar experience with both OS's when you boil it down (in my view at least). I'll reserve judgement on how it stands the test of time though, because my 6T is running so well after all this time, that I find it hard to believe any other device will be doing so noticeably well after getting on for 3 years.

Also on a side note for those that are always saying the likes of OPPO are rubbish at providing updates, I've received 4 updates in under 5 months, which I reckon puts it on a par with NEW Oneplus devices.

I'd still say I'm slightly more in favour of OOS than ColorOS myself, but it's definitely not all that different at all.

Caoimhín, Auristic, dashxdot and 3 others like this.
  9. B1542356878530
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2021

10. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Mar 18, 2021

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 18, 2021 :
    For CHROME ISSUE
    Hold the chrome app > goto app info > clear the cache and storage of chrome app > then goto play-store search chrome app > uninstall it and then update it.

For CAMERA ISSUE
    Goto app settings > Search Camera > Clear the cache and storage of Camera app and also clear the cache and storage of OnePlus Camera service.

And try this version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl.../oneplus-camera-3-8-114-android-apk-download/

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...us-camera-service-2-2-7-android-apk-download/

For GALLERY ISSUE
    Goto app settings > Search Download > Clear the cache and storage of Downloads and Download Manager and also do clear cache and storage of OnePlus gallery app.😇

Caoimhín, Auristic, rhyd1am and 2 others like this.
  11. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 18, 2021

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 18, 2021 :
    Thanks for the info. Nice synopsis, it's good to get a user opinion for comparison. 👍

12. Caoimhín

Maybe try a different USB brand.

13. Bghyt , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Mar 18, 2021 :
    Android 11 was scheduled for last year yet the never delivered and they keep putting out new phones while quietly abandoning the 6T

14. Caoimhín

Patience is the key 👍👍

ItsRavi25, dashxdot, drl431 and 2 others like this.
  15. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Mar 18, 2021

16. ironass
    Lollipop Mar 18, 2021

ironass , Mar 18, 2021 :
    By waiting until it is released.

As a OnePlus Accessory Tester, I thought you might know that.

17. AlienEye

AlienEye , Mar 18, 2021 :
    Actually you didn't get me
    I received OOS 10.3.9 like 6 hours back and I still didn't find an official update thread. So I was a bit surprised

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  18. Caoimhín

Nothing in Oxygen Updater for 10.3.9 for the 6 series yet, have you a pic of the Changelog?

Maybe you got an early release as a Tester

19. AlienEye

It's my Mom's phone now. I will just type it. Not a major update

I don't use it for testing

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Caoimhín like this.
  20. AlienEye

-February Security patch
    -Updated GMS package
    -Fixed Known issues and improved system stability