OxygenOS 10.3.9 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Mar 18, 2021

Abdul B. , Mar 18, 2021 :
    Hey everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental rollout of OxygenOS 10.3.9 for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.

Changelog
    • System
      • Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
      • Updated GMS package to 2020.12
      • Fixed known issues and improved system stability

This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.

For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.

[​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the build here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.

Never Settle.

2. anuroop748
    Eclair Mar 18, 2021

3. Anth0o0
    Eclair Mar 18, 2021

4. Henkan
    Froyo Mar 18, 2021

5. samardash
    Honeycomb Mar 18, 2021

samardash , Mar 18, 2021 :
    We don't need it at all. Please focus the bug you will introduce in 9 series out of the box. What about oos11 OB in 6T?

6. mattish.91
    Froyo Mar 18, 2021

mattish.91 , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 18, 2021 :
    Yes, i know we now have a low prio handset, but with android 12 just around the corner, will we skip android 11 entirely and go straight to 12 since we haven't had android 11 yet?
    Only reason I'm asking is because it's been a long while since we heard anything about android 11 for our devices. It's time to tell us something about it by now i think. said:
    The last two updates have been horrible for daily use, even the beta were better. If you can't keep up with the updates could we please allow the community drive these updates forward "as intended" (CM times) there is in official android 11 that currently is more stable than the latest ios 10 update, and that's more or less sad to say since even the oos beta used to be ready for daily use (yes i were in the beta program on both my 6 and 6t).
    I would love to keep our awesome devices with flat screens alive for a few years, i still haven't even got a scratch on it yet for the past year that i have had it. I even attended the 6t launch event at Webhallen in Stockholm to be one of the first ones to get one. The hype were real, and yes it's to this day my beloved first choice of a device. Even if the device is more or less left to it's destiny (no more updates).
    Since you are putting some work on building the updates you might as well build one with android 11 already? I don't really care if the update isn't up to the "OnePlus standard" that's what the community was built around from the beginning?

7. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 18, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 18, 2021 :
    Spwak for yourself. Don't use the word "we".
    I am glad we got the update as I need a newer security patch for my office apps to keep working. I do wish it was the March patch though.
    The 5/T series got Android 10 by May, last year. I expect a beta in the same time line.

8. splinter_head
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 18, 2021

splinter_head , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 18, 2021 :
    We're not going to see Android 12 officially on our devices.
    The work to get it running on the 7 series (the last devices to get A12) is going to be hard for OnePlus.

I don't get why everyone is asking for A12 that will not be released for our phones by OnePlus, we don't even know what it's gonna bring as it's not announced yet!

9. ironass
    Lollipop Mar 18, 2021

ironass , Mar 18, 2021 :
    [​IMG]

Right, beer and potato chips ready.

Standing by for the usual posts...

"When will I get"

"Not received yet"

"Why no Android 11?"

"Haven't received yet"

This is, as always, a staged roll-out over a couple of weeks or so, worldwide.

If you simply cannot wait until the FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), arrives for you, then you can download and install Oxygen Updater, free from the Play Store...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arjanvlek.oxygenupdater

Alternatively, you can download the full FOTA for 10.3.9, here...

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/support/softwareupgrade?from=foot

Which you can install via Local upgrade.

Fact... This is the 24th official, stable, update for the 6T in 855 days. 1 update on average, every 36 days
    (Not a lot of people know that! :D)

[EDIT] Updated post for full 10.3.9 firmware download.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021

10. SandeshChinchapur
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2021

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021

11. MoHiTsOoD,
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2021

MoHiTsOoD, , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 19, 2021 :
    OnePlus 7t and 7 series are enjoying the software services please give another stable version to OnePlus Nord and another beta 5 also🤡
    Thanks
    OnePlus# neversettle🤡

12. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2021

premchandra1993 , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 19, 2021 :
    I am surprised that oneplus 6 hasn't received android 11 update till the date. I am not the owner of the oneplus 6 but I am worrying same will happen to oneplus 7T.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021

13. mohd_areeb
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2021

mohd_areeb , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Thank for the bi- monthly update but screen refresh rate is horrible form the past 3 updates and it sucks and ui lags a lot.
    Provide a fix for that!

14. GaneshKunte
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2021

GaneshKunte , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Please fix the lag issue. Screen refresh is not smooth.. Facing this issue everyday..

Some fan boys defend that issue doesn't exist.. They just say Clear cache, clear launcher, reset mobile.. bla bla bla.. WTF

15. nswarnendu
    Froyo Mar 19, 2021

16. mohd_areeb
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2021

Fumckd Famndbois! Already
    Clearing cache, huh they think it's the Only solution for the bugs and issues we face?
    Then why ask for updates, just clear the cache and whatever hell some cache obsessed techies say everytime lol!

Just clear the cache
    LmAo!

17. mohd_areeb
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2021

Yup everyone is free to choose!
    But remember samsung is just another piece of crap which have a lot and lot of bloatware in every hole of their os.

18. Sanky8990
    Froyo Mar 19, 2021

Sanky8990 , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 19, 2021 :
    💯 True

20. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2021