OxygenOS 10.3.9 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. Archit@123
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2021

Archit@123 , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 24, 2021 :
    Thanks for reminding expect fanboys and paid ones !!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021

2. rhyd1am
    KitKat Apr 24, 2021

rhyd1am , Apr 24, 2021 :
    OnePlus do not provide ETA's for updates. Android 11 will arrive when it is ready for release, at which time you will see a dedicated 6 series update thread for Android 11.

In the meantime you can check out the following threads

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/a-notice-about-oxygenos-11-for-our-previous-devices.1351579/

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/software-update-excitement-thread.993639/

McJader, dashxdot, iamrj and 4 others like this.
  3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 24, 2021

4. AyazIsayev
    Eclair Apr 24, 2021

AyazIsayev , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 24, 2021 :
    Oh come on. What's secrets do you have? 🙂 No root and locked bootloader these are enough for security, believe me.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021

5. AyazIsayev
    Eclair Apr 24, 2021

AyazIsayev , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 24, 2021 :
    That's why you have to buy new phone. Want new soft and functions pay your moneys.

6. akshay895
    Donut Apr 25, 2021

akshay895 , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 25, 2021 :
    camera quality is so decreased that we have to use other camera apps for photos

Pvt.Hunt, D.Sai Suhail Baba and iamrj like this.
  7. mhrabhishek
    Froyo Apr 25, 2021

Pvt.Hunt and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.
  8. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 25, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Camera on my 6T works fine, no issues. I also use a GCam which works great as well.

Check if you have the latest OnePlus Camera Service App version 2.2.13 for 6T.

If not Download and install it
    Camera Service 2.2.13
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...service-2-2-13-android-apk-download/download/

Also clear the OnePlus Camera App info Cache and App info Storage.

And also clear the OnePlus Camera Service App info Cache and App info Storage as well.

Restart the phone and see if that helps.

Then go to Camera Settings and make sure Smart Content Detection is enabled.

GCam I use is at this link.
    7.4_GCam_MJL_v5.0_Miniqueta.apk
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1326/

9. Afrin_nisha_
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2021

Afrin_nisha_ , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Ever since the android 10 update or recent 10.3.9 update, ther has been connectivity issues on my WiFi. It has trouble connecting to 5ghz band but works alright to a 2.4ghz. Please fix this issue!🙏

iamrj likes this.
  10. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2021

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    You can put your feedback and suggestions here
    For Suggestions
    https://www.oneplus.com/communityideas#/

For Feedback
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And also go through this thread,
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/my-findings-of-the-5-ghz-wifi-connection-issue.1221263/

drl431, Auristic, ironass and 3 others like this.
  11. ProfessorG , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Apr 25, 2021 :
    This is the same thing what apple does to their older devices , pressuring customers to buy newer devices(oneplus: I want you to pay me more) and for this apple already faced lawsuit in europe. I think oneplus should face the same.

12. rhyd1am
    KitKat Apr 25, 2021

rhyd1am , Apr 25, 2021 :
    No. That's an entirely different thing. Apple was found to be intentionally degrading device "performance" which specifically targeted CPU and GPU performance, and throttled the speed of the device.

Nothing at all to do with cameras 🤷‍♂️

McJader, drl431, Auristic and 4 others like this.
  13. ProfessorG , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Dont you think oneplus is degrading the camera performance intentionally with older models ?

14. Auristic
    Lollipop Apr 25, 2021

McJader, dashxdot, ItsRavi25 and 4 others like this.
  15. rhyd1am
    KitKat Apr 25, 2021

rhyd1am , Apr 25, 2021 :
    No I don't. If an OEM wanted to force users to upgrade, there are far more effective ways to do so.

My camera performance on my 6T remains the same today as it was when I purchased it at launch. Perfectly adequate but not nearly the best (just as it's always been).

For your reference, the below article refers to the iPhone, but the points can be applied to any smartphone camera.

https://photovideolounge.com/7/do-iphone-cameras-quality-degrade-over-time/

McJader, dashxdot, Auristic and 4 others like this.
  16. Akshat2793
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2021

Akshat2793 , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Yes, my OnePlus 6 seems to be performing the same when I had first purchased it.

I feel, over the years when new technology comes up, people's expectations increase with their current device, they want their devices to keep up with the newer devices, which from software perspective it's possible but not from the hardware perspective. Hence, why we people think our phones cameras performance is degrading because we start comparing with the current ones. It's just psychological.

In some rare cases, there might be companies trying to degrade their existing hardware but it's very rare. If they don't care they won't update the previous devices but it's unlikely that they would go out of their way to degrade them.

dashxdot, Auristic, iamrj and 5 others like this.
  17. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 25, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    I have to agree with the following posts.
    Yes I have to agree with @rhyd1am, my 6t is taking pictures today as good if not better than when I had it originally. I use both the OnePlus Camera, and also a GCam, just because there is a choice. Oneplus camera takes better natural light outdoor shots, Gcam is better at lighting indoor shots. At least in my eyes.
    And I also have to agree with @Akshat2793, perception is a big issue. Cameras improve year on year as do the phones themselves.
    You can't expect a 6 series phone to produce the same results in any dept as a 7, 8 or 9 series phone, or their equivalents by other phone makers.
    The hardware is fixed in time, 2018. Software can only do so much to improve the hardware, everything since has seen improved hardware and software. It's the way of the tech industry ad-finitum for the future.

McJader, dashxdot, ItsRavi25 and 4 others like this.
  18. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 25, 2021

drl431 , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Yeah, it would be a foolish marketing strategy to piss-off current users if you want them to keep purchasing your phones... With regard to Apple, they felt slowing older phones would be helpful with prolonging their worn batteries. Bet they wont do that again.

McJader, Caoimhín, dashxdot and 5 others like this.

19. Auristic and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.
  20. iamrj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2021

iamrj , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Information what I have saw I had shared a screenshot oneplus had promised to push the ota updates. yes it's will take time because oneplus 6 is soon at end of life (EOD) they will try their best to fixed all bugs in one update. Hence, if the software is fully develop then only they will realised as per their software maintenance but in years, I have notice after releasing any ota updates yet there and bugs and lags.

So, be lucky whatever we get but at the same time, I wish rear camera issues should be resolved and enable for better picture quality its seems they remove or disabled from the camera software my friend haven't updated oneplus 6 and using oero when I had personally tested both the versions I was really shocked.

On oneplus 6 compare to all version oero is the best. Camera is not that bad also but at times which shoting landscape or zooming or slow motion it's lacks.

Today, also slow motion issues is not yet resolved I notice black screen and low video quantity.

For oneplus 5 they had gave android 9 many issues weren't resolved now it's time for oneplus 6 there are many users who had buy oneplus 6 comparing to other models may be they will take a last step to push android 11

Don't worry, you will recieved android 11 stable version only my friend works with oneplus as he told developers are working on this which would be the last supporting software.

Let's hope, Can't say anything!

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Pvt.Hunt like this.