OxygenOS 10.5.10 and 10.5.9 [EU] for the OnePlus 8 Pro

1. hochengsoon
    Froyo Jun 9, 2020

hochengsoon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 9, 2020 :
    rebooted again, guess you're right on Chinese set.

identifiable by model IN202#...?

2. O1589563262735 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 9, 2020 :
    * update, photochrome filter is back. Not sure what I did. Maybe restarting the phone helped? Did that earlier today.

Still have no "motion smoothing"after Netflix updated their app on June 2, 2020.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020

3. happiboi
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2020

happiboi , Jun 9, 2020 :
    Yep - just updated and rebooted mine too (IN2020) , Photochrom lens option removed from stock camera app.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they will enable again in subsequent updates for regions outside of China

4. IgorT76
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2020

IgorT76 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 9, 2020 :

hochengsoon

rebooted again, guess you're right on Chinese set.

identifiable by model IN202#...?​

China model is IN2020, EU - IN2023, NA - IN2025

Photochrom is available on my IN2025

hochengsoon likes this.
  5. hochengsoon
    Froyo Jun 9, 2020

I read that too & hope so, but may not be if depending on model region

6. happiboi
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2020

happiboi , Jun 9, 2020 :
    supposedly this Gcam variant allows the photochrom filter: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8-pro/how-to/guide-2-to-photochrome-filter-t4107077

But in all honesty, I didn't really use the filter when it was there. I guess it's the principle of advertising a feature only to disable it "without warning" (i.e. it wasn't in their changelog for this 10.5.10 update).

Hoping they follow through with re-enabling it .. more so out of principle so that the hardware isn't sitting idle and wasted.

hochengsoon likes this.
  7. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jun 9, 2020 :
    no because this is a 8 series update, you don't have the same hardware so why would they update things on your series the same as the 8 series?

8. hochengsoon
    Froyo Jun 9, 2020

rudoyeugene and IgorT76 like this.
  9. daixiaozi
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2020

daixiaozi , Jun 9, 2020 :
    Got 10.5.10 update. But there is still no dual sim. I really want to know how hard is that since you did that on the EU and IN version.

Maybe... the regular software update cycle is 2 years, and dual sim is coming in future OTA updates. Does that mean I may get it in 2022 at the very last regular software update?

I hope OP could give us some technical details about the dual sim issue. May not everyone in this form could understand those details. But with those "bluffing" technical details, we may feel, oh, that is difficult, let's be more patient. The current excuse "technical limitations" sounds very perfunctory. I can't help but wonder if there is a hardware problem in NA model and you cannot make this up in software. And that is why you keep postponing the dual sim function. Otherwise, we could get, at least, a 4G version of dual sim and 5G version of mono sim.

Well... that is just some of my conspiracy theories. And I do hope OP could disclosure more details about the dual sim issue.

10. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2020

FFS some people are never happy, complain bout the update not being available and then when it is available they complain that they are missing the photochrom filter (probably never used it at all either).

Guess this place is just full of people that like to complain about anything.

11. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2020

There isn't a phone on the market that can provide dual SIM 5G/4G, not Samsung or Apple can provide this, you either have 5G or dual SIM, 5G is obviously more important to the Global market than dual SIM so it makes business sense to sell a phone that people want with the most desired option.

So to answer your question it really isn't hard at all, they made a business decision and the minority of people on here that are complaining about it didn't read the spec sheet before buying, or did read the spec sheet and expect OP to pull a miracle out their *** and provide something that no other operator can provide at this time.

The UK has dual SIM as 5G is still in its infancy here and 5G phones are not a major selling point here at this time.

12. hochengsoon
    Froyo Jun 9, 2020

It may have to do with hardware model instead of ROM region.

Mine CN model with NA ROM, I've dual-SIM support.

13. hochengsoon
    Froyo Jun 9, 2020

you're spot on! I did comment missing chrome after update but certainly can live without it

14. 10.viishnu
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2020

10.viishnu , Jun 9, 2020 :
    I have the OnePlus 8 pro Global version but still on 10.5.6. Now I have received 10.5.10 update but still not received 10.5.8. will it come after I update 10.5.10 or will I miss it??

15. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 9, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 9, 2020 :
    On my 7 Pro I was using both dual mode 4g and mobile data handover features during VoLTE calls in open beta. Both are missing on 8 Pro even on EU version. We have normal dual sim though. At best I can try my first 5G later this year... or even a later part of next year...
    I do however wish they would have let users to automatically fallback to dual sim 4G on International/"NA" when using 2 sims instead of being forced to use single sim just to enable 5G.

16. daixiaozi
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2020

Well, dual 5G and 5G+4G is hard, and it seems no one archives that. But OP did dual 4G and mono 5G on CN model. For me, they can do it, but they won't. On other models, they have choices: use dual sim and give up 5G, or use 5G and give up dual sim. But NA users only have one option: use 5G.

I read the statement in spec page. So, I said I may get it in 2022, just before EOL. If all models meet the same issue and have no dual sim, I'll have a 120% patent because I know it is hard to solve. But right now, some models have it and some don't. OP didn't give a good explanation. That makes me feel not good.

17. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 9, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 9, 2020 :
    You will get 10.5.10 strait away and skipping there others.

18. daixiaozi
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2020

Thanks for the datapoint bro.

It seems more interesting right now....