1. efks
    Honeycomb Oct 12, 2020

2. PremWani
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

PremWani , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 12, 2020 :
    I received just OTA.
    1602520730430.jpg

3. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Should not make a differance as long as you don't flash wrong files by misstake.

Regardless of how people update some get a lot of issues, some rarely none. Some do clean installs (with full wipe after having updated) and get great results even if the first experiance of the new OS was bad.
    I always do clean installs when upgrading from a new major upgrade. All my stuff is stored on Onedrive anyway... No need to risk messing things up with backups and restored data that way.

4. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Becomes even better after a few days usage.

midhunmanoharm likes this.
  5. PremWani
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

Let's see... I have an update just now via OTA.. I'll update you the review.

Swejuggalo likes this.
  6. efks
    Honeycomb Oct 12, 2020

efks , Oct 12, 2020 :
    what i fuond more. google syncing stuck on calendar. need manualy open calendar and then that fixed . so that can also be problem for others 👍

Swejuggalo likes this.
  7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Yeah. Always good to check around what happens on the phone and why before yelling and complaining and rolling back 😉
    That is why checking stats and behavoir is important. Sometimes a very simple fix is all what is needed.

8. efks
    Honeycomb Oct 12, 2020

efks , Oct 12, 2020 :
    thats why i think. why when i back to 10 everything goes good. and then understand. clean install. wipes everything. i did on android 11 after instaled. fully wiped everything in recovery. and seems it fixed everything. Screenshot_20201012-205818.jpg Screenshot_20201012-205811.jpg

Swejuggalo likes this.
  9. PremWani
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

I installed it via OTA and It looks good.. no issues.
    Gallery app also updates. No app crash and nothing. Recommend to wait for OTA.
    After install oos11, shut down device and wipe catch> volume down+power button...

Chandan Bharadwaj HN likes this.
  10. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Stuff still seems to happen randomly for normal OTA users.

The files offered by Oxygen Updater are litterly the same files. They know of the file names thanks to some actual OTA files that has been given to real users (and that filename has been donated to the devs via the app). And the same files that later turns up on Oneplus homepage. I have verified this many times. Same files. Completely unmodified. Unless they stop the rollout and replace it with a new update with a new release number both OTA upgrades and any other manual upgrade is the same.

There are many factors behind issues. Using local upgrade is not one of them. Unintentionally flashing Global or Indian when you need EU is a risk unless verifying yourself. But that is due to lack of self control.

We have 6 different firmwares if you count both models. Including hardware with 6,8,12GB variants... Including Chinese imports.
    We have a practically endless combo of installed apps and possible settings here and there that can make a differance.

Local upgrade does not cause anything by itself. If it did Oneplus would not offer the same exact files themselfs at Support, Software upgrades, but only many days later.

But still... Don't rush to upgrades no matter how you do it. Early updates can have issues. Some have plenty of issues. Some have few. Some need a clean install to fix some issues... I always wipe regardless and do clean installs.
    And in my case I want it fast for the fun, to test features and to report bugs.

11. PremWani
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

Okay,, I checked all the features and apps, I'm facing issue in YouTube app it still runs on 60hz refresh rate even I'm on 90...
    Also the text colour is not readable in the shelf red club card notification, take a look on belows attachment.
    1602534283373.jpg

12. PremWani
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

Also take a look on AOD animations, no smoothness suddenly shows unlocks and fingerprint and suddenly disappeared without any animations.... I think it's worst.

13. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Don't know what's up with YouTube. If it's YouTube version or Oneplus.... But it's not only on 8 series. Even the 8 Pro motion smoothing goes on any off depending on different versions of the app. (and also on some other apps... Some update breaks it. And then it comes back, still on same OS version).
    I use AutoHz app and deside every single app manually anyway.

Looks like a dark mode issue with Red Cable Club. Probably didn't help that the Indian features was tested slightly shorter since it came as late beta 2.

You could report this via the feedback tool so we can be sure the devs notice it.

View attachment 1452997

PremWani likes this.
  14. PremWani
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

Yeah, and what about animations of AOD.
    I already updated about that through mail.

15. PremWani
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

Or also through feedback/suggestions

16. PremWani
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

One more issue found.
    Cloud sync not working, shows sync error and not connecting to the internet.

17. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 12, 2020 :
    I only tried AOD a few minutes. I always turn such features of. Waste of battery in my opinion.
    But when AOD is running it is meant to run at a very low power consumption level. So if it lags and temporary causes some poor animation it might be that it is not fully optimized and quick to leave low power consumption mode fast enough.
    I can try it again and see what I can see. Maybe it changed slightly in stable though. But in beta 2 I didn't notice any flaws exactly. And since I'm still in beta 2 my experiance may differ slightly.

18. PremWani
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

Btw oneplus community platform is great for discuss about what we thought... I loved it.

19. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Ah. Indian feature again. Since I'm not Indian I have very little insight in how that feature looks and behaves. But like messenger app some data wipe to reset the app might help.

Reporting the bugs via the feedback tool is often the best because it let's you automatically create some logs with some details about your device.

I'm assuming they still use the same service com.heytap.cloud. Look it up on the phone and wipe data on that service to reset the could sync service. Don't know if Gallery would need it too though.