OxygenOS 10.5.3 for the OnePlus Nord

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Aug 5, 2020

Abdul B. , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Nordupdate.png

Hey everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental rollout of the OxygenOS 10.5.3 for the OnePlus Nord:

IN: 10.5.3.AC01DA
    EU: 10.5.3.AC01BA
    Global : 10.5.3.AC01AA​
    Changelog
    • System
      • Improved system stability

We look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/.

Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact bughunters@oneplus.com. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app.

[​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we'll begin a broader rollout in a few days.

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle.

2. bikram_sran
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

bikram_sran , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I recieved my preorder of oneplus nord on 3 august today 5 august my phone is suddenly restart and get stuck after 5 minuted my phone get on and recieved new oxygen OTA 10.5.3 is there any software bug or any hardware problem please inform me i installed this update and as of now no sudden restart occur please help me

3. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2020

4. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Aug 5, 2020

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , Aug 5, 2020 :
    It would be our pleasure to resolve the issue that you are facing, as we have contacted you for the required information to analyse it further via direct message.

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

wladkqo likes this.
  5. tmlslvnk
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

6. Mr.HBhatia
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

Mr.HBhatia , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I have been facing really weird Brightness Issue in my OnePlus Nord.

I have turned off the Adaptive Brightness still some times while using the device or switching between the apps the Brightness is automatically adjusting sometime dim, sometimes bright.

Brightness Slider is still the same.
    Also sometime the Tint changes from Cool to warn.

Above issue is faced on Light Mode & Brightness is above 50%

Can anyone try & check if they have same issue? or my OnePlus Nord is defective.

Thank You!

7. marcuswayne
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

marcuswayne , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Is there a way, to make the system partition writeable? So we can use tasker to turn on wifi tethering? It says, this device doesn't support wifi tethering (in tasker), but i can turn it on with quick settings

8. marcuswayne
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

marcuswayne , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Same error, sometimes it automatically adjusting itself

Mr.HBhatia likes this.
  9. activetrojen , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Early morning received my Phone from Amazon and immediately got the update after switched on the device. It approx 3 hrs before official announcement.... Thanks.

Display issue still not solved. Waiting for next major update.

V1596337465086 likes this.
  10. junaid.july
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

ParthaManna and N1596369031761 like this.
  11. wladkqo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2020

wladkqo , Aug 5, 2020 :
    The only thing I would improve is the ability to adjust the volume for notifications separately.

innis.neil and Raghavkd like this.
  12. Auristic
    KitKat Aug 5, 2020

Auristic , Aug 5, 2020 :
    And that's why you bought a budget phone to play a poorly developped game that needs a high end device to run: I reckon there's no logic in what you write.

Caomhin and RiezNL like this.
  13. AWretchSavedByGrace
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

AWretchSavedByGrace , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Received my (well, my wife's) Nord this morning. Update of 153mb waiting for me, but it will not download. It's connected to WiFi and to charging cable, and despite selecting 'Download and install update', it's not moved in 5 hours. Zero progress. I tried a reboot about an hour ago and selected Download and install again, but still no movement.

Any ideas gratefully received.

14. junaid.july
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

junaid.july , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Phones with similar specs are capable of running it so why not nord? This can be a down side for many when deciding on which phone to get in this price range.

N1596369031761 likes this.
  15. Auristic
    KitKat Aug 5, 2020

Auristic , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Usually when you buy a phone you have to know about your usage and buy accordingly: sorry to say but Nord is definitely not a game phone.

Caomhin and vivekmm like this.
  16. Freddo_Addle
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

Freddo_Addle , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I got the update of 151 MB
    Bugs found :
    1. not able to update chrome
    2. not able to update Android webview
    3. Brightness switching issue
    4. Display issue at low brightness (purplish or pinkish tinting at the left and right bezels and Green tint at remaining display)
    5. Rear Camera issue (poor low light )
    6. Front camera issue (smooth and blur photos from 8 MP lens)
    @Abdul B.

17. Joesef Joestar
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

Joesef Joestar , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I've hoped they will correct the tint issues and drastically improve the camera, but in fact it seems to get worse....
    @OnePlus

18. bharath740
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

20. 7ofclubs
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

7ofclubs , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Weird, got my phone yesterday and I was running this version. However, my phone was laying on the table (had just used it) and went into the boot symbol (the dot that moves in a circle around the other dot). After 20 minutes, I powered the phone off and restarted it. And it seems to work again.