OxygenOS 10.5.8 for the OnePlus 8 Pro

1. xauxix
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

2. G_Adrian_Aiello_hxGo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2020 :
    The only issue i could see so far is optical image stabilisation when taking photos of moving objects, even slight moving objects almost seems like there is no OIS enabled at all, you get blurry shots if not quite still shots, hope this can be fixed in a future update.

3. TommyChauveau
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2020

TommyChauveau , May 28, 2020 :
    Your device may explode beware 🤣 You have to stop the quirks anyway. Monthly it is totally useless. If you want your monthly patch and well buy a pixel. But don't bother to come and discuss something already clarified by Oneplus. It's bi monthly that's all. This avoids possible build certification issues. And as it is monthly irrelevant there is no subject. # stop false debates. But hey it's true that so far the brand has lost a lot of customers because of the patches 😂

gubro likes this.
  4. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 28, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 28, 2020 :
    Since I use beta as soon as available I don't have a problem at all. Bi-monthly is not an issue for me. But it is for many people these days. Some are used to is on other devices. More any more does it. So it starts to be a problem if users come here thinking montly security is the standard and only finding it out AFTER buying the device. Most only see reviewers talk about fast updates and stuff. Rarely mentioning security updates no the update schedule that follows later on. So people seem confused and surpriced when they start to get bi-monthly security and even more when updates start to come at the later part of 1 update of 1-2 months.

So being silent and not discussing stuff in a Community forum? 😋

They have a schedule for bi-monthly some time back... Even a post about it. It does not mean it's written in stone and will never change. Not all brands that does monthly security now did before either. Some of the reason are that it is easier these days in the more modern Android versions. Who knows that happens in a few years. It's not a dangerous topic to discuss [e]1f609[/e]

5. TommyChauveau
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2020

TommyChauveau , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2020 :
    I didn't say dangerous [e]1f60f[/e] But the subject has already been raised a multitude of times [e]1f440[/e] And the answer never changes. Especially since Oneplus will never do anything that is unnecessary. Afterwards I see no more people complaining. There will always be, but it's always the same [e]1f602[/e]🤣 Except for a big flaw, honestly, it may be the thing that changes life the least in the world. But I understand that for some it is important.

6. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 28, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 28, 2020 :
    I'm not sure I've seen a single day without complaints on security. Want more happy faces [e]1f609[/e]
    But I guess I have myself to blame for monitoring discussions on 6-8 series 😋

7. sam.roscoe
    Donut May 28, 2020

sam.roscoe , May 28, 2020 :
    Hello,

unfortunately I cannot open a new thread yet, so I will post it here since the issue came with 10.5.8:

I have a OP8P (prod. date 02.04.20, glacial green, 256GB) since 21.04.20. It has no uniformity or green tint issues. Using it at QHD+, 120Hz, auto brightness.

I was absolutely happy with the great display, it was a blessing sitting in direct sunlight with sunglasses and being able to read and view everything perfectly. Never had a phone with this peak brightness. Also I have never received any overheating warning after staying 2-3h in direct sunlight while reading and playing with the phone.

But now with 10.5.8 something changed:

The maximum brightness is reduced, this extra punch kicking in being in direct sunlight doesn't happen anymore. Sometimes even the slider doesn't go up to the maximum anymore. It's hard to ready anything. Also received the overheating message suddenly after a few minutes and the display goes dark.

I am wondering that nobody is talking about the brightness issues except some people in a german forum.

To back up my issues I made some comparison shots in direct sunlight with an over two year old LG V30, where the OLED supposedly lost some brightness already and the phone never was a "brightness monster" to begin with. (Same german online magazine tested: V30: 410 nits, OP8P: 773-1187 nits.) To make it fair, I used a website half dark/half bright.

First picture: Almost the same brightness for me. Maybe V30 a little bit brighter.

https://abload.de/img/helligkeit_36kj3v.jpg

Second picture: Fiddling around for two minutes with de- and reactivating the auto brightness and holding the phone at different angles to make sure the brightness sensor gets everything right (which was not necessary before the update), OP8P got a little bit brighter. But still very disappointing compared to a phone tested with a display half as bright.

https://abload.de/img/helligkeit_4bxk7r.jpg

And 4(!) minutes after taking the first picture, I got the overheating message and the phone went dark!

It was just lying on the table, no CPU load, no touching, nothing.

We have 20°C in Germany and it's still May.
    What will happen in July or August with 35°C+...
    Will the phone not be usable anymore outside at all?!

R4nger, W1588692562785 and Max_Fremps like this.
  8. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread May 28, 2020

Max_Fremps , May 28, 2020 :

For me same problem

9. Abhisheksahu
    Eclair May 28, 2020

10. OPD
    Gingerbread May 28, 2020

OPD , May 28, 2020 :
    Do you have 10.5.8 installed?

From what support is saying and OP staff here at the forums, that version should fix green tint completely.

Taafe30 likes this.
  11. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread May 28, 2020

false, changelog of 10.5.8 no mention of display fix
    the problem still here, staff didn't say nothing
    only some users say is fixed but oneplus and update changelog don't mentiont this is fixed

12. OPD
    Gingerbread May 28, 2020

13. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread May 28, 2020

infact you say this: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...you-need-to-know.1231913/page-2#post-21650442
    this is a green/red tint problem in low light man, stop lie man, you post it after 10.5.8 and the problem persist, is always a display problem know as green/red tint in low light
    pff and staff say improved,amended not fixed at all,infact changelog don't say nothing for screen

14. OPD
    Gingerbread May 28, 2020

OPD , May 28, 2020 :
    I didn't say the issue is fixed. Read it again...

"From what support is saying and OP staff here at the forums"

15. D1590074585584 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 28, 2020 :
    no i hvent got tht update untill now on my device running10.5.6

16. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread May 28, 2020

yes but i say " oneplus staff say nothing of FIX" infact is true, they say was amended but not fixed, but on same face chat support and oneplus support on twitter with dm say "dev are working on this"
    So, they are very inconsistent in their different communication channels

MrTalon and sjshshs like this.
  17. T1589885978101
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

18. USMCDevildog
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

USMCDevildog , May 29, 2020 :
    so as I understand it are you saying that for u.s. and Canada the update has not been rolled out or do I get to use one that you showed on the list in the previous comment

19. everkurt
    Honeycomb May 29, 2020

Last edited: May 29, 2020

jlasensiofi, fragargon and otto2 like this.