OxygenOS 10.5.9 (EU) and 10.5.7 (NA) for the OnePlus Nord N100

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Apr 16, 2021

Abdul B. , Apr 16, 2021 :
    We are starting to push the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 10.5.7 (NA) for OnePlus Nord N100 now and 10.5.9 (EU) will soon follow

EU: 10.5.9.BE83BA​
    NA: 10.5.7.BE81AA​

Changelog
    • System
      • Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
      • Fixed known issues and improved system stability

We look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/. Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact bughunters@oneplus.com. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app.

[​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we'll begin a broader rollout in a few days.

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle

2. Tedinetto
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2021

4. tbschommer
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2021

tbschommer , Apr 21, 2021 :
    A clear improvement, especially the quicker response when opening apps.

Keep up the good work :)

5. checkpointcharly
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

6. Q1618079344419 , via OnePlus Nord N100 , Apr 23, 2021 :
    When are you going to fix the network speed on this phone is it the antenna too weak that you put in there or is it the software i cannot even post in your website. I have such low speeds from my sim card. And we know it's the phone. Why don't you address this problem which is the main issue of this phone? I could buy a way more better phone for this money..., 1619211457519.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021

7. ChriStefan , via OnePlus Nord N100 , Apr 24, 2021 :
    I'm not having any such problems. It could be your device only or any other settings. Please note that when doing speed tests try not to use your data to other apps or sharing usage alike you seems to do with Hotspot enabled!

You might check and renew your Sim card and with your lte provider. Hard reset also might work or flashing it.

I will recommend to contact support oneplus at email above as this is not monitored all the time.

Stay safe and healthy.

checkpointcharly and tbschommer like this.
  8. checkpointcharly
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2021

checkpointcharly , Apr 29, 2021 :
    @Q1618079344419, my experience with the OnePlus Nord N100 is the exact opposite of yours. I have none of the problems you describe and use it, with a Smarty SIM on the 3uk network. I am absolutely impressed that such a cheap mobile is providing this constant speed and outstanding tethering.

So I agree with @ChriStefan. "It could be your device only or any other settings."

It is also possible that the cells and masts in your area undergo upgrades at the moment. During the changeover phase, there may be significant network problems for a few weeks.

Fortunately, I didn't experience this as highly as you might do when in E3 2xx in London. 5g was made available. During this time, the traffic has to be handled by fewer and often more distant cells, which are also not optimally integrated into the software side due to the constantly changing conditions.

I bought the OnePlus Nord N100 because my Mi-Fi was dying and getting hick-ups, especially when I couldn't use a failure. I treated myself with it as an inexpensive replacement with more functionality regarding my unlimited smarty plan. I wanted to tether with my laptop, iPad, Amazon Kinldedel and a second phone.

Speed on LTE+, Ping, Jitter and lack of packet loss is just fine at my place. At a fraction of the cost of a good 5g Mi-Fi or phone.

Compare the results of my current Speetest with yours:

upload_2021-4-29_22-5-0.png

As the following pictures of the Network Cell checker, which is far more potent in this respect, show, there are also no problems concerning antenna, reception strength and bundling capabilities when using LTE+.

upload_2021-4-29_22-7-34.png

upload_2021-4-29_22-8-19.png

upload_2021-4-29_22-9-7.png

Speed, especially when one has to share bandwidth with many other customers, massively improved. The OnePlus Nord N100 sticks to 4G+. The low range Snapdragon 460 delivers on average around 70% better download and 15% better upload speeds than the much older but once top-notch Snapdragon 835. It might be because the OnePlus 5T falls back for moments to 4G and does only connect one tower at the exact given moment.

Volte is available too on the OnePlus Nord N100 with Smarty. It isn't shown as available but works like a charm. I can call and receive calls whilst tethering uninterrupted with four devices.

Since the early days, I've been a OnePlus customer from the OnePlus One, OnePkus 3T to the OnePkus 5T, which I've been using as a daily driver since November 2017. Still, I never before have been as impressed with the new experience as I was with the Nord N100, considering the price.

My next and first 5g pone will definitely be a OnePlus, and if it were already, I wouldn't have other priorities at the moment, and I wouldn't still be delighted with the 5T even though it is getting on in years.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021

ChriStefan likes this.