OxygenOS 11.0.0.2 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. PhenomenonR
    Eclair May 1, 2021

PhenomenonR , May 1, 2021 :
    Afte 40 days of installing official OS11 GM21BA everything is so buggy. I downloaded os11.0.0.2 GM21 BA... Which was actually nothing.
    I even wrote for feedback but robots answered me. Where is the customer service of OnePlus ?
    My model as I have mentioned in previous comments is GM1913 and I'm from Europe.
    The update killed my device.
    Low performance, battery draining faster, temperature of phone increased, unable to play even on pro gaming mode (ex fnatic mode), just getting black screens or freezes or disconnects.

They released 9 series and they killing previous series bec they want us to spend money on a device which will be fked up after 1 year ?
    Actually they killing our devices. How is it possible the device running perfect before os 11 and after os 11 everything got ruined.
    Well done OnePlus

2. Aurel.k
    Cupcake May 2, 2021

3. Luarpc
    Honeycomb May 2, 2021

Luarpc , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , May 2, 2021 :
    I have the same OS build version, the same phone model, EU 🇪🇺 ROM, and did not have any issue at all.
    For me OxygenOS 11 is faster and Smooth than OxygenOS 10.
    So, if we have the same European Phone model and the same OS version, why do you have issues, and me not?
    Have you made a hard reset before and after change OS version? I did!
    I did a full OTA upgrade from OS 10 to 11, and then incremental update to the hotfix, that for me wasn't a hotfix cause my phone since i upgrade to OS 11 never had a problem.
    The only two things i missed from OS 10 that OS 11 don't have is full Immersive mode and i can't install the Dolby Atmos equalizer that i had on OS 10.
    So, something wrong you did to your phone.
    Make a full backup and hard reset your phone to factory settings.

4. G1578576882427
    Cupcake May 2, 2021

G1578576882427 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 2, 2021 :
    Phone got slower with os 11, there is small delay on camera, in WhatsApp when you take picture, gallery also takes longer time to load, on os 10 everything was blazing fast.
    I have like 15% storage full, i have like 6 apps on phone, model is 256/12GB RAM , much slower with update.

5. PhenomenonR
    Eclair May 2, 2021

PhenomenonR , May 2, 2021 :
    Man , are you kidding me ? Everyone here saying about performance and that their devices are slower. I don't know how u using your device. I notice my device behaviour in gaming which obviously now sucks.
    In addition to this, I did wipe cache and factory reset and nothing changed.
    So what about now ? U use your phone for calls and camera and u feel it still good ? Wow
    I can clearly feel my device ruined after OS11 which was official release by OnePlus from system updates... Not a beta or oxygen os updater.

6. Santiobie
    Eclair May 2, 2021

Santiobie , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 2, 2021 :
    What are you talking about, this update is horrible in all phones.

7. Luarpc
    Honeycomb May 2, 2021

Luarpc , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , May 2, 2021 :
    No, I'm not kidding with you, i didn't came here to kidding with people, if you read the majority of posts, most of the problems are in Global or Indian ROM OxygenOS version. I don't know why, but most of the people that have European Roms, like me, don't have issues.
    If you are having problems with OxygenOS 11, rollback to OxygenOS 10, and wait for new update.
    I play games too, my phone never get hot playing or charging it.
    That your conspiracy theory that Oneplus is killing old models to made people buy the new ones like 9, is absolutely absurd.
    And, yes, i play with my phone, had every OB releases on OxygenOS 10, and did had all OB OS 11 till OB4, now i'm on Stable, and I'm not the only one that don't have problems, i have many friends with OxygenOS 11 Oneplus 7pro, and 7T without any issues, their phones are working fast and smooth like mine with OS 11.

GJM2 likes this.
  8. PhenomenonR
    Eclair May 2, 2021

I don't know. You guys must be the lucky ones.
    Its so noticeable that my device is slower now.
    Go back to os10?
    Well I m out of OnePlus. This one was last device. Spending 800 euros to see my device after 1 year working as a Xiaomi of 150-200 euro.
    I get black screen, freeze or disconnecting out of app while I m using low graphics and pro gaming mode.
    Previously on os10 , I was playing for 4-5 hours on max graphics while using simple gaming mode, not pro (ex fnatic mode). So I can clearly see that os11 destroyed the performance of my device.

M1560764097497 and ShindeTejas like this.
  9. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator May 2, 2021

Artemus , May 2, 2021 :
    What game(s) are you playing that this is happening with?

10. ShindeTejas
    Cupcake May 2, 2021

ShindeTejas , via OnePlus 7 , May 2, 2021 :
    This was a much awaited update. But all efforts from OnePlus are in Vain!
    The major concern is about the battery! It drains from 100% to 5% in 45-50 minutes of gameplay! Earlier the device used to last for about 2-3 hours of continuous gaming.
    Camera is another concern. Feels like an ordinary camera app. Nothing new
    What is the use of the Snapdragon 855 chipset when you cannot make your device perform the way you want?
    Overall this update has ruined OnePlus 7. Not sure about the rest series.

Requesting for a hotfix ASAP.

T1570024183543 likes this.
  11. PhenomenonR
    Eclair May 2, 2021

Call of duty mobile. I get black screen or freeze every 2 games ( while being on low graphics and using fnatic mode).
    Previously (os10) I was on max graphics and simple gaming mode and was playing for 4-5 hours without any issue , it was so smooth but on os11 or better on os11.0.0.2 I play 10minutes then I get black screen.
    Also the device's temperature is higher now and battery life reduced so much.

12. PhenomenonR
    Eclair May 2, 2021

If you play cod mobile, go check me I'm on leaderboards, no35 of the game. Imagine how frustrating it is for me losing games because of a buggy update.
    OnePlus could sponsored me using their devices for gaming, but now they just sponsored me for killing my gameplay. So clearly I can see and feel that the performance is way worse than u can imagine.

ShindeTejas likes this.
  13. ShindeTejas
    Cupcake May 2, 2021

J1569854244980 and SuperArtus like this.
  14. S1575454216113
    Cupcake May 2, 2021

S1575454216113 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 2, 2021 :
    My phone updated about a week or 2 ago. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until I used Android Auto in my rental car yesterday. Ever since disconnecting from Android Auto my screen will flicker, go dark a second and then goes back to the lock screen. It was even worse when I had to disconnect my device while plugged into Android Auto. My phones screen would suddenly zoom in by a considerable amount and the displays touch functionality would not be operational. Only solution I found was to hard restart the entire device. The zooming doesn't happen now that I'm not using Android Auto but the flicker still happens often, and its regardless of the app I'm using. Any work-arounds or solutions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

15. Krevanna
    Cupcake May 2, 2021

Krevanna , via OnePlus 7 , May 2, 2021 :
    1.Battery draining very fast after the update
    2.wifi disconnects every now and then
    3.camera pic quality looks low
    4.volume resets to low

16. Andy Rodrigues , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 2, 2021 :
    I have this same problem, ridiculous, I am very angry with this situation. I haven't received the update yet.

17. M1619870949396
    Eclair May 2, 2021

18. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator May 2, 2021

Artemus , May 2, 2021 :
    CoDM: Tokyo Escape? Is that the right one?

19. SinghRaghavendra
    Cupcake May 2, 2021

SinghRaghavendra , via OnePlus 7 , May 2, 2021 :
    My battery is draining faster than usual and now its taking a longer time to charge ....this started happening after I updated to new OS...does anyone else also having the same issue?