OxygenOS 11.0.1.1 for the OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus 7T

1. jro84
    Donut Jun 20, 2021

jro84 , Jun 20, 2021 :
    Why can anyone update their Oneplus 7T now? Since every Android 11 option is one big mistake and ... no way to calmly return to 10!
    1. The battery disappears 3x faster ...
    2. Errors in the operation of simple applications such as dialer or SMS, replaced by (supposedly) better and faster google ...
    Android 10.3.8 was working perfectly, what tempted me? Pissing off reminder about the update ...
    I have never had such a tragic phone, and I use mobile phones from Nokia 5510 ...
    One big SHIT!
    :mad::mad::mad:

mattb77705 and SunielShakya like this.
  2. D1600610555193
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2021

mattb77705, J1577769579265 and bullu like this.
  3. domestoboto
    Honeycomb Jun 21, 2021

domestoboto , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 21, 2021 :
    That's literally How capitalism works.

Xiaomi pulls the same s--- at an even faster rate (to date, there are about A DOZEN "Mi 11" series phones on sale right now. Almost a dozen!) and yet I don't see AA complaining about that company "prioritizing newer phones at the expense of delivering software updates to previously released devices".

mattb77705 likes this.
  4. SunielShakya
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2021

5. AndroidManiac
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 21, 2021

AndroidManiac , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 21, 2021 :
    Thanks cause I'm in the same boat over widevine L3. I'm gonna jump ship if the next OTA or remote assistance can't or won't resolve. While it may be mulit complicated for OnePlus to correct it won't be that difficult to go right back to where I came from - Samsung. Thanks but no thanks

6. AndroidManiac

What tempted me was OnePlus told me to get from 10 to 11 to correct Widevine L3 back to L1. So I did that no problem yet the problem persist.
    So I'm told to ship to factory to correct... Or wait for remote assistance ( may be offered tomorrow?) Or wait for next OTA promised to correct by the month end(?)!!!! Or, just factory reset/restore this device which is also unproven also!!!!!!!!
    So the next OTA solution will not specifically require the entire reset until it's spelled out at a formal request to all update subscribers (although I do recognize the significance of a device reset for each and every update while not mandated).
    But, like I've stated - I've done this first update from 10 to 11 to correct which when completed did not result in the necessary correction.
    time for this first time and last time user to get back to Samsung next pending this failure cause I'll support customer service more often than not cause OnePlus is quickly moving up to my level of intolerable customer service with the try this and try that and may be this will work or that will work when quite clearly none of the above have clearly proven to be a definate solution.
    Once OnePlus fully acknowledge and formally announces a functioning corrective method of resolution... up to and including a full wipe and complete reset.... count me out completely.
    So why would I believe that it's time for users like me to wait for the next OTA for correction???????????
    Once bitten twice shy
    just getting easier to run from OnePlus moment by moment although I'd rather not yet give up...
    way I see it is I've got 10 more days to formally fix or run period (out the next formal OTA with its instructions to resolve... if not bye bye first and last OnePlus.... and good riddance. at least I know where the official Samsung repair center is accessable to me should the need arise where I can both schedule a time for service and wait for repair is an option that I do not seem to have the luxury of with OnePlus

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021

mattb77705 likes this.
  7. AndroidManiac

Why should I have to reset my device to downgrade??? And furthermore or may not specifically address my issue of incorrect Widevine L3 when it's not specifically spelled out by OnePlus formally yet?????!!!!!!!!!!???? said:
    essentially I'm tired of the nonsense and lack of clear and specific instructions (whichever they are) to assist the proper method to fix this.
    but may be I'll remain calm for may be 10 more days when the next OTA promise to correct arrives? said:

edits:. I forgot to mention that OnePlus tech support chat instructed me to install a lower OOS version than I already have (as in 11.0.0.2 when I already stated I was on 11.0.1.1 which is obviously the newest stable release)
    Getting 6 different answers and nothing is indicative of the correct solution (other than perhaps the correct software update?)!!!!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021

mattb77705, Katrick and vuttamb like this.
  8. vuttamb
    Eclair Jun 21, 2021

9. AndroidManiac

Exactly... And once got my timer going now and the race is on for me to either fix and resolve formally for me and others or time will be up an I'll run back to Samsung gladly no problem... I've used Samsung due 10 plus years with a great deal of success from various custom mods and custom ROM from a number of great contributors of XDA DEVELOPERS from my first days of early Android 1 onward.

But, thisc device description that was going to be resolved by OnePlus with Android 11 failed completely.... Then the AOD failed... Now this Widevine failure is all but adding up to a total failure in my situation ( not to mention the whole host of others additional issues both hardware and software).
    Thanks

10. AndroidManiac

I must be deaf... Cause I don't know if got notifications from anything auditable unlike b4 when I used OOS10 without issue

mattb77705 likes this.
  11. AndroidManiac

I hear you and agree...
    But let's hope they are still sincere and are working on corrective improvements. Looking at their latest update for software release seems to be improving when if the end user software experiences aren't yet satisfactory.
    I'm still going to give the company the benefit of bought l doubt at this time considering at that the word as gone through this past year and half and ask the disruptions it has been... So may be oneplus still requires the time to get users back up to speed with thier reputation at stake...
    I for one will not have much further patience to OnePlus after this latest round of disgraceful customer service at any given current level.... As is been horrific to say the least...
    Next software release is do or don't and either way cause I'll manage to salvage my Samsung Galaxy S7 with Lineage OS (Andriod 11 I believe) from Superman ROM (thanks) a million)
    I always have at least one alternative..... which is happening in the next ten days while I get the old S7 up dated and running then it's one or the other)
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021

mattb77705 and Ionel Malasinc like this.
  12. D1600610555193
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2021

D1600610555193 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 21, 2021 :
    No use next Color os coming

mattb77705 and Katrick like this.
  13. ArpitBansal96
    Froyo Jun 21, 2021

ArpitBansal96 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 21, 2021 :
    Samsung is much better than this. They atleast are a bang for the buck. Continuous updates every month. There is not a single month gone by when my sister's Samsung A50 didn't receive an update. They are releasing new devices as well, but not at the expense of user's software experience.

14. SunielShakya
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2021

15. L1620006574701
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2021

L1620006574701 , Jun 21, 2021 :
    I rarely use speakers when playing music/videos and recently I found out that the sound is terrible than worst.
    This happens on my laptop a year ago and it was fixed with a driver updates. So I'm pretty sure its software since like i said i rarely use speaker mode.

mattb77705 likes this.
  16. X1570717455902
    Honeycomb Jun 21, 2021

X1570717455902 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 21, 2021 :
    I totally agree with you, been using an iPhone prior to this, felt like android made a lot of compromises compared to ios, but this is outright ridiculous, every social media platform you use to get in touch with oneplus gives you a different answer and if any issue is there first thing is reset you device, like don't I have any work other than resetting my device over and over again just because I have a software bug?
    And the we have this issue where one person gets a stable and averagely working update of oos11 whereas others are facing a lot of bugs on the same software, seriously I installed the update 4times, literally 4 times and 3 times it was way too buggy so I went back to oos10 then again I did it all of the problems were absent (like battery, screen flicker and 90hz), but the performance started deteriorating after 3-4 days the notification sounds would automatically go to low setting at the start of the day or when I don't use my phone after every hour or so the lock screen would get stuck, so I downgraded back to oos10, now it's OK but trust me the first chance I get to get out of oneplus phone, I'll definitely won't even give it a second thought and will never ever look back
    Maybe they should spend time and money on improving a product rather than on useless marketing, marketing, marketing 🤦 it's like if they do 5 things, one of them is building a device, the other 4 is marketing 🤦🤦

17. Ionel Malasinc
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2021

Ionel Malasinc , Jun 21, 2021 :
    I think they care, or should care ...
    OnePlus got me used to two simple things:
    1) When launching a new device, it did not have previously launched devices in stock. At this moment, after launching the 9/9 Pro / 9R series this year, Nord CE 5G also has in stock 6 phones launched in 2020, and in the first months of 2021 it also had 7T for sale;
    2) Until this year, OnePlus has never reduced the initial prices, reduced the price of accessories when purchasing a new device. At this time on the OnePlus website, some phones are subject to price reductions, some of them even consistent.
    If we consider the two aspects mentioned by me, I consider that Oneplus in terms of selling products, does have a problem, a problem that will obviously amplify even more as a result of what happens with the software update to the series 7 / 7T and not only ...

Attached Files:

mattb77705 and alex.nicolae like this.
  18. Kaustav2125
    Froyo Jun 21, 2021

Kaustav2125 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 21, 2021 :
    As an android and Apple fan . I must say
    Even though the price of apple products and even samsung products are high af , atleast they don't send buggy updates and make the experience worse ...
    😂
    I have a 2017 ipad and it still gets update and I still don't have any issues with it ....
    All I can hope is that they fix it soon 🤣 which doesn't seem to be the case .

I can't say much about battery life since I had a note 3 ( samsung) before this 🥲
    1624258914154.jpg

1624258914191.jpg

mattb77705 likes this.
  19. D1600610555193
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2021

mattb77705 likes this.