OxygenOS 11.0.11.11 (NA & EU) and 11.0.10.10 (IN) for the OnePlus 8T

1. S1604132641051 , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Oct 22, 2021 :
    Yeah please do keep watching and report on the forum asap if it persists or improves. I have not yet got the update so I will avoid it if this problem remains. Many other users are also reporting this battery draining issue.

InduwaraG likes this.
  2. faizan.sg
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2021

faizan.sg , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2021 :
    Even I posted some of the issues which I faced and still facing in my 8T. Unfortunately, I'm not getting a response from OP.

northbay5566, InduwaraG and SyamKG like this.
  3. chittela_vamsi
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2021

chittela_vamsi , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2021 :
    What are the issues you are facing bro

InduwaraG likes this.
  4. w.joseph
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2021

northbay5566 and InduwaraG like this.
  5. Sluciani76
    Froyo Oct 22, 2021

InduwaraG likes this.
  6. MySelfNetaji
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2021

InduwaraG likes this.
  7. zba78
    Eclair Oct 22, 2021

zba78 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2021 :
    For me personally the long the better. I'm in no rush for OOS12 as OOS11 works absolutely fine for me and there are no particular features of Android 12 I feel I'm missing.

As long as we keep getting regular security updates every other month I'll be happy.

In addition, with the major change happening (colour OS base) I'd much rather they iron out as many bugs first before releasing

InduwaraG and Spliffman like this.
  8. niteshab
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2021

InduwaraG likes this.
  9. M7mdqunibi
    Donut Oct 22, 2021

M7mdqunibi , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2021 :
    The last patch was a big change o the AOD what do you expect an every month huge update???? No thank you small updates like this always comes with a bug fixes for the previous patches, which keep the device stable

InduwaraG and Spliffman like this.
  10. burnout123
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2021

InduwaraG and MySelfNetaji like this.
  11. SyamKG

SyamKG , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2021 :
    I wonder what all bugs are fixed. Because none of the issues despite infinite number of feedbacks are Getting solved. So could you please elaborate.?

InduwaraG likes this.
  12. M7mdqunibi
    Donut Oct 22, 2021

First of all I didn't say ALL bugs, i meant when they do not release a huge update it means the update meant for bug fixes and improvements, second you can't take case by case, sometimes the user will have an issue because of a hardware failure, maybe it fell in water, the screen is damaged, ....etc, i don't know how oneplus team qork, but as a software engineer i can say that you can't fix all the bugs just because it happend to one user, fixing it might affect other users or areas, hope you got my point

northbay5566 and InduwaraG like this.
  13. SyamKG

But majority of users face battery issues and camera processing is worst than older OP devices. Those are common problems, apart from "mechanical" ones you mentioned. No efforts are being made so far from the team to improve those.
    Anyways, whether update is small or big is not the question, how good the update is..that's what matters to end consumers.

14. M7mdqunibi
    Donut Oct 22, 2021

💯 agree, tbh i didn't face any issues until now, some users talk about battery issues but when you know what the user was doing you would see that it was charging or it was updating, which is normal for the battery to heat specially after charging it because of the fast charging

InduwaraG likes this.
  15. SyamKG

Yeah, to be honest, I found this battery life to be subjective. 8T has only an average sot of 4hours which ain't good enough. Those who claim to have 5 or 6+ hours, their usage is mostly watching videos.( When screen is static) With touch input & outdoors I get only 3 to 4 hours (max) sot in my 8T. But inside my room with watching movies I get close to 5 but nothing extraordinary.

About camera 📸..in simple words, I prefer my 5T photos when viewd in my laptop more than this 8T. Image processing sucks big time in 8T. HDR correction is a nightmare.

16. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Oct 22, 2021

InduwaraG likes this.
  17. faktea
    Eclair Oct 22, 2021

InduwaraG and V1573199788432 like this.
  18. Spliffman
    KitKat Oct 22, 2021

Spliffman , Oct 22, 2021 :
    I don't think the majority of users have battery issues, I don't have battery issues, and a few of my friends don't have battery issues with the 8T. it's easy to blame an update or the OS for battery issues, when it's more likely the user's apps or some other issue. Yes there are a lot of complainers that come here whining about battery as if Oneplus can do a magic update that will account for all the crazy apps someone might install that suck battery, or other user related usage that can affect battery.
    I have had many OP phones, and the 8T for me has been the best with battery life. Because we see complainers here we can't conclude that "the majority" of 8T users have battery issues!!

InduwaraG and amd64 like this.
  19. SyamKG

I don't think many are deliberately making time to come to a community and cry as per many experts here. So... It's more like majority of threads are created by less active members I guess.
    And yes I have made my battery experience in some previous comments so kindly refer.

InduwaraG likes this.
  20. Spliffman
    KitKat Oct 22, 2021

Spliffman , Oct 22, 2021 :
    This forum is full of people who make time to come here and cry. For god's sake they complain about an update draining battery like an hour after release, when they haven't even had time to do one battery cycle. It's the normal people happy with their phone that don't make time to come on a forum and talk about it. There is absolutely no evidence that "the majority " of 8T users have battery issues....the majority of complainers here yes have issues. But no empirical evidence to make a blanket statement that the majority have battery issues.

The point is proven even more....every update without fail has people complaining about battery from day 1, every update.....usually saying that the current update caused it!! So if the current update caused drain then the one before it must have been better right?.......but, there were people complaining that the previous one caused drain too...lol.
    At the same time there appear some people saying battery is great with each update. It shows that battery drain and usage is very individual according to use case.....Oneplus or any OEM will never be able to make an update that solves eveybody's battery problems....people do dumb stuff, app devs do dumb updates too, google does dumb updates....no update can fix that type of stuff.