OxygenOS 11.0.2.1 for the OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus 7T

1. JanLuck.Pincard
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2021

2. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2021

ghostofcain , Aug 11, 2021 :
    Now why would, Google release an APK to do that? The only reason that springs to my mind is that they can't currently fix it, but wish to hide that fact by massaging the metadata?

Ionel Malasinc likes this.
  3. Ionel Malasinc
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2021

Ionel Malasinc , Aug 11, 2021 :
    No, I don't think OnePlus is trying to drive away its customers, my perception is different from this statement ...
    I believe that Oneplus is trying to persuade customers to abandon their current devices and purchase devices newly launched by OnePlus.
    The expulsion of customers is only a consequence of the ignorance of OnePlus, the fact that it delivers updates full of problems, errors and even if they are reported through the feedbak section, they are not resolved.
    Imagine that we users of these devices (devices that some of them are still under warranty), we paid a fairly high price (I paid 760 Euro) is not acceptable at all to replace our phone before 3 years of at its acquisition.
    I am very upset for this reason, I also communicated with OnePlus about this, and they recommended me to report the errors in the feedbak section, which I did, and they did not solve anything, all the problems reported , are still present. In addition, as a solution, they recommended that I return to the factory settings of the device.
    These recommendations did not solve anything, they further strengthened my belief that OnePlus, either does not have the ability to solve problems, or has hidden thoughts in the sense of causing me to replace my device.
    So, I'm going to break up with OnePlus.

Totsquest likes this.
  4. RashikSharar
    Donut Aug 11, 2021

5. RashikSharar
    Donut Aug 11, 2021

RashikSharar , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Aug 11, 2021 :

Sam197

RashikSharar said:
    hi View attachment 1683786
    Imma wait for Android 12 update. Very confused hahah. I'm still on Android 10, haven't updated since I bought the phone. No major issues so far with Android 10. If I'm not mistaken, I need to update to this version first (screenshot) before getting the 250 MB update, right?​

If you update to screenshot you shared you ll be in beta version which is the last beta for 7t and 7tpro which I don't recommend it to you.
    And to switch back to stable it ll wipe out your phone.​

Thanks for your advice. I will update to the official stable version of Android 11 from OnePlus website: https://www.oneplus.com/global/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1574162297465 Hopefully this will work.

6. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2021

ghostofcain , Aug 11, 2021 :
    But that would only work if, OnePlus users where incredibly stupid...... Ah I see your point.

zer0se7en and Ionel Malasinc like this.
  7. kãräñ_90564
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2021

kãräñ_90564 , Aug 11, 2021 :
    Not only stupid but rigid and die-hard OnePlus fans also and it seems to be working for OnePlus. Lot of people buying Nord series along with 9 series. Yes such people exists. But According to me this results may because of past dedication and excellent work made by OnePlus cofounder in building the brand value among Customers. They also can enjoy such goodwill till next few years if things still continue to be constant and same. These things are normal for a company.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Totsquest like this.
  8. sampathprasad
    Froyo Aug 11, 2021

9. Roei.e
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2021

10. rahulranjandas , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Aug 11, 2021 :
    I'm not denying the fact that OnePlus sucks at optimization of its releases. I got under 6 hours of SOT after disabling notifications and background usage of most of the applications. Why can't we expect a similar battery optimization from OnePlus?

Jinen and Totsquest like this.
  11. Dazza11
    Eclair Aug 11, 2021

Dazza11 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Aug 11, 2021 :
    You said you got 6 hours of OST go see if you get that from a iphone 😂😂😂

12. rahulranjandas , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Aug 11, 2021 :
    We should question OnePlus. Why are there so many bugs in backlog which are not getting fixed in forthcoming releases. Be it Flagship or flagship killer atleast the releases should be on time and SOT can be optimised to 7-8 hours.

Totsquest likes this.
  13. rahulranjandas , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Aug 11, 2021 :
    I'm not here to justify why an iPhone gets better SOT. I'm just highlighting that this sot can be improved. iOS and Android are 2 different operating system on smartphones. Before comparing you should know it or better go Google it. It wouldn't consume much sot for you😜

Totsquest likes this.
  14. Dazza11
    Eclair Aug 11, 2021

Dazza11 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Aug 11, 2021 :
    😂😂😂😂

15. Akshay200997
    Donut Aug 11, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  16. Drasm19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2021

Drasm19 , Aug 11, 2021 :
    Glad to hear that!

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  17. BunnyMunnu
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2021

BunnyMunnu , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 11, 2021 :
    Guys anyone who want to know about the update, seriously this was the best update among all the other updates. But the issues here is, it is stable for them who is on android 10, previous android 11 update users might face issues, but here im not even getting even one issue. Good smoothness and also battery usage is satisfactory. About gaming, I faced heavy temperature while gaming in OS 10, because old update cannot run newly updated games, but here the thermal work is done very great. Seriously, heating issue is even less than OS 10, I swear. I get highest temperature of 39-40 while playing in room. Now my phone is very very cool, which I didn't liked in OS 10. And every bgmi player can see huge frame drops in OS 10, here it is always above 56, What a beast update this was. Got L1 support and all benifits from this update. Note that I disabled backup and enabled dark mode. I downloaded full zip via ota, coz I was on os 10 previously. Installed and done full wipe, including internal. Seriously guys, anyone who want good experience from ur 7T devices, in strongly recommend this update. OnePlus done very great job this time. So far didn't faced any issues. Thank you OnePlus for this. Anyone have doubts, tag me.
    1628709125331.jpg

18. BunnyMunnu
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2021

Got 1 and half hr on 23%. For a full charge, we could expect about 6 hrs battery. And also the battery drain in this post, I was playing bgmi on that 23%

Totsquest likes this.
  19. Sam197
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2021

Sam197 , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 11, 2021 :
    My pleasure

Totsquest likes this.
  20. BunnyMunnu
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2021

Ok, no AOD still, but I never wanted it. I am very much happy with my Ambient display. Because I'm a student and most of the times, I have my phone in pocket or bag. I don't want always the display to glow even I don't see or touch.

NishantCh and Totsquest like this.