Froyo Jan 22, 2021

4. Saifsaad
    Donut Jan 22, 2021

5. T1588894176666
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2021

6. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2021

Ozymandias_Osiris , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Well yeah,it seems they didn't release an update for international,only India and EU

7. Dimi Dimitrov
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2021

Dimi Dimitrov , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Contact customer support through the website.
    Will be fixed through a remote session.

Pk220898 likes this.
  8. Pk220898
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2021

Dimi Dimitrov likes this.
  9. i9mtk
    Froyo Jan 22, 2021

i9mtk , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Hey oneplus what this services
    International version ??WE ARE not humain ? Se table it for free? Where IS thé update ?every update with 100 bugs ..nice

10. Dimi Dimitrov
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2021

Dimi Dimitrov , Jan 22, 2021 :
    In2023 is Europe version.
    Looks like in the Europe version of the phone you have global firmware.
    If you live in Europe, you can use EU firmware without problem.
    NA global update is not rollout yet.

11. Deepam07
    Donut Jan 22, 2021

Deepam07 , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Colour behaves completely different on lock screen while swiping up to unlock the phone. This happens on low brightness. To observe this just try to unlock phone by slowly swiping up.

This happens after installing latest Oxygen OS 11.0.3.3 update on onePlus 8.

Really difficult take screenshots to illustrate.

12. Harshil__07
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2021

13. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 22, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 22, 2021 :
    I can understand the screen issues. It can make some angry. But then again. It's not only Oneplus that has these screen problems. Strangely enough the articles on 8 series screen issues triggered people on 7 and 7t series to go nuts and complain more too. Did the articles make them sad over an issue they didn't see before? Hmm... Some reaction I feel is slight over reactions. I have known and read about some of the issues some complain on now ever since the birth of amoled screens. The increasing complaints seems growing with the popularity of dark mode...something amoled always had some issues with in a varied degree.
    But parts of this is that the variations of the screens seems fairly big.

I can also understand the WiFi issues. I only had minor ones and I believe they are fixed in my case. Based on my reading I don't really think this can be blamed only on Oneplus. I think Qualcomm has a part of this issue. Beforr the switch to 11 I read some at USA Samsung forum (SD865 equipped models). It looked like a copy of text from community more or less. Same issues. Same walkarounds. Same solutions.

In regards to the network issues, disconnects and stuff... Never an issue of mine. But it must be very annoying for many.
    When it comes to the 5G issue... It's still fairly new. Issues are to be expected. Missing 5G support. Slowly adding it and so on... I can't say the problem between Oneplus and the carriers.
    But new generations networks rarely go trouble free. It takes time and can sometimes give catastrophic issues. I had to actually give up and toss my first 3G. It was thy bad. As soon I switched to a 3G supported sim card it became practically useless. No solution was ever found. And the phone stopped selling really fast too.
    Any when it comes to comparing to Samsung and iPhone 5G... It's only natural for carriers and bigger companies to get some priority and become supported well first. My country they even celebrate with balloons when Apple releases a phone. And some network changes just "happens" to coexist with a new relese... Oneplus was instead not even worth to be supported with VoLTE/VoWiFi according to some carriers here when 7 series came. But that eventually changed.

When it comes to the GUI changes... Personally. I have no issues with it. It could need some further adjustments though to be more consistent.
    A big part of it seems to be that some simply don't want certain changes.
    It should always look and act a certain way. But it never truely does. Everything changes eventually. Sometimes in smaller steps. Sometimes in big leaps.

Then we have the color filter lens... It kind of went the way I was afraid it would. Scared safe space needing people screaming and refusing to look at actual proof and facts... And Youtubers hunting likes...
    To me that lens is only kind of usable and mostly gimmicky. Some throw so much hate on Oneplus over the remake and threaten to switch phone and brand to... Ehm... some that never offered a color filter lens... And never will either.

Think I mentioned the bigger things.

Speaking of changes... The havoc caused by Indians hating Google Phone on all the newer phones due to not being able to record in secret... I see a big wave of hate incomming when 9 series arrives...

14. kuba1984
    Donut Jan 22, 2021

kuba1984 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Hello. I'm new so I have qwestion about update oxygen. I come from Poland. If I would update my oneplus 8 pro for new version oxygen I need access to root?

15. Swejuggalo

If you manually update you use local upgrade. It has nothing to do with root.
    1611347624044.jpg

1611347624077.jpg

16. kuba1984
    Donut Jan 22, 2021

kuba1984 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Problem is because I can't manually update... I don't know what I did wrong. I downloaded new version and I put pack oxygen on local folder. Com.arianvlek.oxygenupdater and nothing...

17. U1580007062575
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2021

18. Swejuggalo

When downloaded are they really zip files?
    What are you on now and what are you upgrading to? Using a full upgrade file?

19. Swejuggalo

Wonder why. Would be nice with atleast an reason for the delay instead of increasingly annoyed users.

20. kuba1984
    Donut Jan 22, 2021