OxygenOS 11.0.4.1 for the OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus 7T

1. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2021

devourerOfBits80 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 22, 2021 :
    If your theory would be real, we should have on our devices Google Play Services in November version, not August. Unfortunately, each manufacturer can decided when the update will be delivered. In that way each company has its own channel of Google Play Services updates. Moreover, I suppose that OnePlus delivers via this channel something more... because last update had over 50MB.

#NeverAgain4OnePlus

kãräñ_90564 and Totsquest like this.
  2. Wellington Ferreira , via OnePlus 7T Pro Haze Blue , Nov 22, 2021 :
    The closed beta of OxygenOS 12 for Oneplus 8 Pro started before the stable version was released for Oneplus 9 Pro. I assume the Closed Beta for Oneplus 7 series won't take long to run. Who agrees??? Let me know what you think about this. 😎🕶️🤏🤔!!!!

3. JanLuck.Pincard
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2021

4. JanLuck.Pincard
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2021

JanLuck.Pincard , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 22, 2021 :
    The last update was in fact not one update, but there were several missed updates rolled into one package.
    ( On my device It did 3 updates in steps after each other.)
    I aggree on the point that it seems like oneplus reroutes the google play system manual update check to one of there own servers addresses in stead of checking it at a Google source.
    But I don't have tools/knowledge to do a trace of the IP trafic.

devourerOfBits80 and zer0se7en like this.
  5. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Nov 23, 2021

ghostofcain , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Yes indeed you are on a different repository, you installed the beta builds. Thankfully for you FULL instructions can be found, in the OP of the beta thread, for reverting to stable builds follow them, to the letter, to get back to stable.

kãräñ_90564 likes this.
  6. Maverick_7777
    Donut Nov 23, 2021

jordansamuel_01 likes this.
  7. ErrorFinder
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2021

ErrorFinder , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Hi frds ,in my OnePlus 7t ,am facing this issue ,google menu coming out of layout bar ...it's something mysterious happening in my phone ...any facing like this frds ,pls help me out to solve this issue
    1637634461706.jpg

jordansamuel_01 likes this.
  8. ErrorFinder
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2021

9. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 23, 2021

zer0se7en , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Google Play Services and Google Play System Update (main components) are 2 different Android components.

This is Play Services. https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=play services

It is device specific and should not be messed around with if not certain which one is for your device. I played with this before and it messed up my devices (6P, OPX, OP5T). Damn overheated instantly after a reboot so I have to uninstall it and do a System reset. From then on I just let it update itself.

Now I understand what channel he was talking about. It's actually still Google's and not phone manufacturer's server (as mentioned by someone on XDA I've read way back). Google do the rollout for regional device models (any) so they really come randomly unlike Google App and Webview (which I received today for both 7T and X1ii).

But as I've said, it is device specific. The problem is, they are never indicated on any of its notes and descriptions. The guide is there but never specific. Google supply's and release rollout for it not OnePlus itself.

Having said that, this is why I wonder why I haven't received anything on mine after updating to this latest build... While some other devices did, and faced the misalignment menu problem.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021

kãräñ_90564 likes this.
  10. JAYDEEP LIMBACHIYA
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2021

Attached Files:

11. Mohan Reddy Y V M , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Nov 23, 2021 :
    👍

12. Ionel Malasinc
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2021

Ionel Malasinc , Nov 23, 2021 :
    This issue is also present on my OP 7T Pro (EU) device.
    Does anyone know what's going on, how to fix it?
    Anticipated thanks for the answer!

Attached Files:

13. JanLuck.Pincard
    Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2021

JanLuck.Pincard , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 23, 2021 :
    If you would have put some effort in reading a few pages in this tread you would have seen that is is due to the latest Google play service update ( 21. 42.18)

Totsquest and ghostofcain like this.
  14. JanLuck.Pincard
    Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2021

I wonder, could the misallingment forbthe Google item in settings be due to changes made in the google latest google services sources made for Android12 ??
    My Guess is they derrived from a common source and engineers at Google might be reworking bug patches found in 12 into the 11 sources. Since the UI is different this might cause the misallingment effect.

15. Rachitshah1201
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2021

16. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 23, 2021

zer0se7en , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 23, 2021 :
    That makes sense. Yeah. Could be due to that.

17. rabidhamster
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2021

rabidhamster , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 23, 2021 :
    One thing I can confirm is the version of Google Play services you are talking about works perfectly and looks perfect in Android 10.

1637663745194.jpg

18. JanLuck.Pincard
    Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2021

Yes, indeed. I have no problems as far as the functionallity of Google play services. It just looks a bit silly in the settings. I can live with that 😀
    I will just wait on the next update to see if it resolves itself

19. Totsquest
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2021

20. Totsquest
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2021

Totsquest , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Can confirm to.. 👍
    1637675020792.jpg