OxygenOS 11.0.4.4 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. danE.
    Donut Feb 9, 2021

danE. , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 9, 2021 :
    I just got the update. Widevine issue still not fixed. Still at L3 for months now and few updates later. I'm feeling hopeless at this point.

730dip likes this.
  2. D1588432254405 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Feb 9, 2021 :
    Have you tried removing Netflix or uninstalling the last Netflix update via the playstore then reinstalling it. That worked for me.

Vanstra and TomtommyP like this.
  3. danE.
    Donut Feb 9, 2021

Good for you.

I tried that already multiple times. I even factory reset my phone, went on Open Beta version and then back to the latest 11.0.4.4. No luck still.

4. TomtommyP
    Froyo Feb 9, 2021

TomtommyP , Feb 9, 2021 :
    Exactly... A lot of times apps leave some data and folders behind after an update.

5. TomtommyP
    Froyo Feb 9, 2021

Uninstall the app. Go into the phones storage and delete any traces of it. Folders, files... anything at all related to it. The reinstall it.

6. danE.
    Donut Feb 9, 2021

Yeah, I got it. But the thing is, Netflix is a built in app. So deleting any traces will be impossible without ADB tool or something. Also, I did factory reset this phone already so that's the cleanest it can get.

7. TomtommyP
    Froyo Feb 9, 2021

You can uninstall some factory installed apps. Netflix is one of them.

8. TomtommyP
    Froyo Feb 9, 2021

Also. Apps are restored from a backup, data and all.

9. danE.
    Donut Feb 9, 2021

Agreed. I tried that already multiple times via playstore and in different OOS versions.

10. TomtommyP
    Froyo Feb 9, 2021

Making a general statement here. If you have a problem, factory reset. Do NOT restore any backup. Then try out the phone and see if you still have the same problem as before. Backups also bring data with them that was used on a previous version of the OS. If no problems arise from the fresh install, install apps directly from the play store one by one. Again. Do not restore any apps. If the app still misbehaves, then its the OS. I guarantee it will solve most problems.

11. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 9, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 9, 2021 :
    Yes very few are good and describe a long term usage and what to expect. And that can lead to incorrect assumptions. Like for example believing that Oneplus always do monthly security updates... More than enough to piss some users off. Trouble is... Who to blame? Not clear enough before you buy? Did reviewers make you buy based on some assumptions and really getting something else?
    If this is the case you won't be a happy customer.

If you instead appreciate the things Oneplus actually are then you get a very different experiance. I'm the kind of person that joins beta as fast as possible and never leave. That crazy nuthead that rolls back, set things up in 10 and do dirty flash directly back to latest 11 beta only for the sake of being able to trigger issues that might not trigger on a clean install. (and I succeeded getting some of that 😉)
    Great fit for me and my needs.

And then we have the issues and such. I read pretty much on several brands. I compared issues on SD865 chip equipped Samsungs, the Android 11 experiance on Pixels... You can practically copy big chunks of info from all 3 camps and you would not know what they belong to. Some certain topics can be that very similar if you look at the generic non brand specifics. All these SD865 phones, all those with Android 11... There are more issues in common than what many may think. But most often only Oneplus gets the blame even if the root cause is Qualcomm or Google.

And for the Apple fans out there... Nope. It's not perfect there either. My slightly annoying iPad Air 4 (2020) has jitter all the time on my home WiFi. My 8 Pro has none 99.9% of time. And the community is crammed with issues...

And I could go on with the... Hrm... "problematic" Windows 10 updates too... Various failures on Manjaro Linux upgrades... MacOS oppsies... But I'll stop now 😜 Point is... Nothing is without issues.

Vanstra, aaronpe, GaryWall and 4 others like this.
  12. Dimi Dimitrov
    Honeycomb Feb 9, 2021

Dimi Dimitrov , Feb 9, 2021 :
    I agree.
    About gcam, here is position of gcam developers.
    They say that after Oxygen OS 11 OP blocked them to use gcam full resolution.
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/post-05/

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021

J1596039476515 likes this.
  13. 730dip
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2021

730dip , Feb 9, 2021 :
    Probably no more oneplus phone for me .. very imposing now with apps like facebook and what not ...

Achman likes this.
  14. speedlever
    Honeycomb Feb 10, 2021

speedlever , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 10, 2021 :
    You simply must have something else going on with your 8 pro. I just upgraded to 11.0.4.4 IN11aa and still have drm L1. Never lost it through any upgrades so far.

I wish I knew what the difference between our phones might be.

danE. likes this.
  15. Pratik_27
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2021

LimAcki likes this.
  16. pmfeijoo
    Froyo Feb 10, 2021

17. RocStone
    Donut Feb 10, 2021

RocStone , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 10, 2021 :
    why is the red still showing in the time of the notification panel and lock screen when I changed my accent color to blue? Makes it look off and is very annoying!
    1612923692752.jpg

18. Frostywuff
    Honeycomb Feb 10, 2021

Frostywuff , via OnePlus 8 , Feb 10, 2021 :
    Try getting it from software update in settings

19. Frostywuff
    Honeycomb Feb 10, 2021

Frostywuff , via OnePlus 8 , Feb 10, 2021 :
    Where did you get the full rom?