OxygenOS 11.0.4.4 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2021

Aaron2017 , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Hey there,i personally find that wiping the phone cache after each update solves quite a lot of bugs and hiccups.maybe you can give that a try if you haven't already.

2. swolfman
    Eclair Feb 15, 2021

swolfman , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Try Factory Reset after each update - i have none of these issues !

3. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2021

Yeah,that's my next go to if the wipe doesn't do it properly,but 90% of the time it does.i never had any issues either, that's why i recommended it but i seem to have forgotten to quote his post.

4. muharrem1961
    Gingerbread Feb 15, 2021

muharrem1961 , Feb 15, 2021 :

how to do Factory Reset?
    can you tell here.
    Thanx.

5. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Feb 15, 2021

Zeaiclies , via OnePlus 8 , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Tips to avoid issues with your device.

One:
    Leave your device completely alone, when charging.
    Do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with it until it is 100%
    NO PHONE CALLS OR WEB SURFING OR VIDEOS
    DO NOTHING BUT CHARGE
    DO NOT CHARGE UNTIL below 20%

Two:
    Fully turn off and turn on the device, every third day.
    NOT QUICK REBOOT but fully OFF and TURN On.

There:
    Limit third party apps
    Get RID OF ANY CLEANER APP OR PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS App's and limit GAMES.
    Limit permissions on App's to change or access the system or do NOT RUN AN APP THAT WANTS TOO.

Four:
    Update all Apps every day or check twice a week.
    If you HAVE OVER 125 APP'S YOU NEED TO GET RID OF SOME, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 200
    YOU REALLY SHOULD NOT EXCEED 150
    I RUN LEAN @ 82 APP'S BUT THAT'S JUST ME LOL

Five:
    Before an OS update, update all your app's.
    Then, fully SHUT DOWN THE Device JUST LIKE #2
    After turning back on, download the UPDATE
    LEAVE THE DEVICE ALONE UNTIL FULLY INSTALLED

If you are having any issues with your device, it is most likely that you have not been following theses five steps.

You are charging wrong or using the device while charging and that is why you have a battery issue.

You do not turn the device all the way off every three days, resetting the high cache. This can cause apps to run weird.

You have malicious third party apps, cleaner app's or performance enhancing app's or even some utility app's even though they check safe with playstore often are system damaging. I am leary of any app that needs permissions to change or alter system settings or even just access to the system.

Outdated app's can not be fully functional with system updates and often have their own updates. Sometimes you may think that it's an OS problem when really it is an app did not update correctly or has a bad update.

If you are having problems with your device, any device, then go through all of your apps and see what you really need and what might be harmful. Get rid of what you do not need or could be harmful. Save and backup all your data on the device and do a full factory reset. Load all of your stuff back on, make sure that you do not get back the stuff you got rid of and wait three days. On day three, turn the device fully off and back on and then do any app updates first, then look for the OS update. Follow the five steps above from here on out and see if you do not have a better experience with your device.

This is my last post
    ❤️😎🍺

ottafish, DPL900, aaronpe and 2 others like this.
  6. ElpuntoNL , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Amen!

Zeaiclies likes this.
  7. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2021

Going out with a bang!😊

Zeaiclies likes this.
  8. pmfeijoo
    Froyo Feb 15, 2021

pmfeijoo , Feb 15, 2021 :
    How do you guys feel about the camera? compared to the one in OS10
    Thats the only reason that's stoping me from finally updating

9. F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 15, 2021

F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Every time I ever get on these forums it's nothing but complaining. It's ridiculous. It's not even unique cases. It's mostly the same people every update. If you're that unhappy with your device, buy/trade it in for a different device. It's to the point where either I got ONE OF THE ONLY GOOD 8 Pros they made or you're all addicted to complaining. Stop flooding the forums and call customer service and ask for a device replacement.

10. SUDHEESHTHANKACHAN
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2021

SUDHEESHTHANKACHAN , via OnePlus 8 , Feb 15, 2021 :
    I am a oneplus 8 user....from last updates sometimes my wired headset not working after few minutes of calling,Need to plug out and connect to continue calling
    Is this a software/hardware issue

11. Zubair.k
    Gingerbread Feb 15, 2021

Zubair.k , via OnePlus 8 , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Why is it just OnePlus that needs a factory reset after every update to make the phone work fine.
    I had never seen any other phone require resetting after updates.

muharrem1961 likes this.
  12. Zubair.k
    Gingerbread Feb 15, 2021

Zubair.k , via OnePlus 8 , Feb 15, 2021 :
    That's too much hassle. I Say use your phone as you want. Charge it as you want.

13. Danix.Chan
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2021

14. G_Chee_Seng_vsTK
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2021

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK , Feb 16, 2021 :
    Pls screenshot all the complained and show as proof which all the same user. Talk is cheap.

15. speedlever
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2021

speedlever , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 16, 2021 :
    While it's true that third party apps can be problematic, not all are. You have to be selective with the apps you use. I use a number of 3rd party apps like blokada, Newpipe, YT Vanced, f-droid, etc.

I personally have nearly 200 apps on my 8 pro. I rarely if ever turn it off. I frequently use the phone while warp charging.

When I get a new OTA update, I install it, wipe the system cache from recovery and reboot. I have very few if any issues. I'm also in the club of having one of the 8 pros with no display issues.

I use 120 Hz refresh and QHD+. I leave gps, wi-fi, and Bluetooth on all the time. I use always on display mode. I selectively disable battery optimization for specific apps.

I think 11.0.4.4 in11aa did adversely affect my battery life somewhat, but with warp charge it's virtually a non-issue. I have no lag or stutter. I use the camera a lot, mostly the stock camera, but I also have a gcam installed too.

Overall the 8 Pro is a great phone. I wish OnePlus would release monthly security patches. And I really wish OnePlus would release the SA5G update for the 8 Pro.

16. AvinashThawait
    Froyo Feb 16, 2021

17. Ján Hirner
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2021

Ján Hirner , Feb 16, 2021 :
    Still no link on the net, have to wait

18. Ján Hirner
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2021

Zeaiclies and muharrem1961 like this.
  19. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Feb 16, 2021

Aaron2017 , Feb 16, 2021 :
    Not only OnePlus,my mate's,who are almost all in the Samsung camp,had to do factory reset's too because things got laggy and to get rid of some bugs,even on the new s21 ultra.