OxygenOS 11.0.4.4 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2021

Zeaiclies , via OnePlus 8 , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Then that is your choice to be delusional.

I have never had any cell phone since 2000 that has ever had any issues, other than occasional network issues and neither have several friends of mine.

I owned a cellphone store for three years straight and I have done cell phone and game systems repair.

I can say with confidence, 95% of issues with any electronics device is the end user's fault.

There are of course, instances were hardware or software has an issue, but it gets fixed and pretty quickly if it is a premium device, because the company does not want a bad name. Even lower end devices, rarely have any manufacturers flaw.

Look back at Samsung's first Galaxy Fold, smartly they gave it to tech insider's to test and they discovered a huge flaw that made Samsung pull all of the prototypes back and temporarily canceled the project. The took a loss of all the work on it to save face and customer's and to get more money. Remember, no business or company wants to lose any money, ever for any reason.

Any company that is competing today with Apple and Samsung, rigorously test their products and software to be premium quality and above, they have to or fall under the weight of Apple and Samsung.

Anything man made will always be imperfect and prone to some form of issue with it, but the majority of the problem is with the end user always.

Ownership, means that you are in fact 95% responsible for how your electronics functions.

Another little jagged pill, 100% of everything in your life is your fault.

You choose how you think.
    You choose how you feel.
    You choose how you act.

The good news is that, if it is all you, you are the only one that can change any of your life.

That is truly powerful, especially when you start putting it in to practice. No one can hurt you, or trick you or lie to you or anger you or sadden you.

Cheers 😎❤️

Jimmyboy44 likes this.
  2. Harshil__07
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2021

Harshil__07 , Feb 17, 2021 :
    @Swejuggalo i think the 5Ghz issue is software related, with this latest update it's working fine
    do you think i should still visit the service center??

3. S1596778788564
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2021

4. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2021

Aaron2017 , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Hey,you're better off discussing your issues on the nord section of this forum,this is the 8 series thread.

Dimi Dimitrov likes this.
  5. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 17, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 17, 2021 :
    If it's solved it would be no reson for it. Parts of these issues I've believed to be a Qualcomm issue (modem firmware issue). Some a compability issue with routers and access points (fixable either by firmware in router or phone modem). And some can ofcourse be hardware issues.
    So for you it seems to have been a firmware issue on the phone side then.

6. evaldera
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2021

evaldera , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Movistar 5G in Spain still not working in this release. What is OP waiting for?

Another devices like Nord is working but the flagship phone not.🤷🏼‍♂️

7. Zubair.k
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2021

8. Jimmyboy44
    Eclair Feb 17, 2021

Jimmyboy44 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 17, 2021 :
    I just downgraded from beta6 to this latest version and using the keep data apk it works fine I think this is the most stable yet . I went into Beta knowing there was going to be bugs and it was fine . However I find battery life is already better on this stable build. As for all this BS about updates and security patches and poor performance I think before people start ranting we. Wed to know is there phone rooted also what launcher are they using before we get onto software

Software is the only killer to performance and in particular battery life . I think oneplus still need to work harder not on rushing out pointless updates but fixing and improving camera settings and performance and notifications what would you rather have a phone with Feb security patch with issues or a phone that works nearly flawlessly but on December patch people need to get real

ottafish and Ján Hirner like this.
  9. Harshil__07
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2021

Harshil__07 , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Ohh so changing the handset wont fix it??

10. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 17, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Didn't you just say the software update fixed it?

All depends what issue you have. If the issue lies in a compability issue with your router changing the phone won't help. Same if the issue lies in the Qualcomm firmware. Some solutions may lie in the router firmware and not the phone.

11. G_Chee_Seng_vsTK
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2021

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Just a simple example for u. Rotation bug in youtube and it took almost 2 months to be fix. So ? Don't give stupid excuses ... Premium decide but treated like midrange phone. Disgusting. Camera quality don't even a debate when we have such a great hardware but spoilt by oneplus optimisation. Bruhhhh

12. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2021

Plenty of people never experienced the rotation issue, including myself.
    I gave zero excuses.
    It is not treated like a mid range device.
    The camera is fine and granted the software for it could be better but then just run the Google camera Apk and shut up.
    If you do not like something, find a fix for it instead of complaining. I knew that the camera was only going to be just okay, before I bought the device, because I did my research on it before hand, I have done my research on every device that I have owned. I have also, never had a problem with any of the devices that I have owned, with the exception of Network issues, neither have several of my friends. Why? Because, they treat their devices properly and except responsibility of their actions and are taking ownership of their devices.
    Stop being a victim, because it is pathetic and you are better than that. You are more powerful than that.
    95% of all issues with any electronics device, IS THE END USER'S FAULT PERIOD.
    You obviously, own nothing and except nothing, it is always someone else's fault. You are the only one, making excuses friend.

13. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2021

My OnePlus 8 camera works great and so do my friends OnePlus 8 and 8pro and they always have.

I also have the latest version of the Google camera Apk and it is great too.

Granted, I actually do not take many pictures with my phone and never have, so it really never mattered to me.

If I was a photographer, I would still use a separate camera and not a smart phone. lol

I never have understood why people want like a NASA or Government style spy camera on their phones. Or a cenima style camera to go make movies with their phone.

Hey, to each their own.

If you want a really great camera, wait for the OnePlus 9 Pro or go buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra or IPhone 12 that can not be repaired by anyone, the IPhone must be replaced, but the Samsung galaxy is repairable but not easy to on the Ultra version.

14. AvinashThawait
    Froyo Feb 17, 2021

AvinashThawait , via OnePlus 8 , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Tell me that bluetooth scanning always on and automatically turn on by itself this problem is present in android 11 . With this update this problem solved or not . I am in android 10 ne 1 confirm that this problem is present in 1.1.0.4.4 so ican update. Thankyou in advance

15. B1566429943556
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2021

16. Vanstra
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2021

Vanstra , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Is basically already supported. Also in OxygenOS 11.0.4.4. It only depends if Oneplus is supporting your provider.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021

Pat45 and B1566429943556 like this.
  17. G_Chee_Seng_vsTK
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2021

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Check the damn thread.... Almost 90% complained the rotation bugs... Another excuses... Ewwww....

18. kanouted10s
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2021

kanouted10s , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 17, 2021 :
    If oneplus put the same number of people here defending them to work in the software department and who say they do it for free, we would already be on android 14 without problems

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK likes this.